Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #14550 - 09/01/17 at 11:52:26

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14551 - 09/01/17 at 12:41:35

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14552 - 09/01/17 at 13:52:14

From this box set:

The ZTPRE is kicking ass!

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #14553 - 09/01/17 at 17:03:11

LP's - Two $1 finds at the record store. NICE!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14554 - 09/01/17 at 17:28:15

This time around it's the cd set, disc 1.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14555 - 09/01/17 at 18:30:54

Had to see if the system was going to overheat today or keep on going full-throttle. . . .;)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14556 - 09/01/17 at 19:55:37

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #14557 - 09/01/17 at 19:56:48

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #14558 - 09/01/17 at 21:20:22

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14559 - 09/01/17 at 21:30:31

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #14560 - 09/01/17 at 21:50:54

Steven Wilson Remix....

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14561 - 09/01/17 at 23:04:39

Starting to listen to this new set from Fresh Sound, Spain of Lucky boppin' with Parisians et al.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14562 - 09/02/17 at 15:06:38

Now in the Cave for some much needed Vinyl Therapy.  Hot coffee beside me, this original LP is first on the table....

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14563 - 09/02/17 at 15:36:33

Next, LP #1 of this 3 LP RSD set...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14564 - 09/02/17 at 16:32:17

A little Art Now...

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #14565 - 09/02/17 at 16:44:23

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14566 - 09/02/17 at 17:08:57

The Analogue Productions 45 RPM reissue of this...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14567 - 09/02/17 at 17:15:43

This from the Bill Evans Analogue Productions 200 gm 45 RPM Box set is on deck...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14568 - 09/02/17 at 18:46:57

This Pure Pleasure reissue now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14569 - 09/02/17 at 19:35:37

This 1985 recording is excellent.  It's one of four LPs that was just delivered...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14570 - 09/02/17 at 19:46:45

The SACD. Been too long since I've enjoyed this session.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14571 - 09/02/17 at 20:19:08

David Bowie "The Gouster"

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14572 - 09/02/17 at 20:23:21

Oh this LP is wonderful Lon, Charlie Rouse and Orrin Keepnews talk a few minutes about Monk at the beginning...so funny...

PS...so apparently this was the last time Charlie played publicly before his death in 1988...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14573 - 09/02/17 at 20:34:31

Yes, I have had this on cd since it was released last century. Charlie was a great player, I was just listening to him on a Basie session yesterday. Smiley

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14574 - 09/02/17 at 20:39:34

Yes, I have that 32 Jazz CD too but I don't know if I ever listened to it.  This is a great concert.  There is too little Rouse available.  I've been slowly buying what there is when it pops up.

PS...of course I mean away from Monk....

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14575 - 09/02/17 at 20:54:06

I actually have an earlier version than the 32jazz, a Landmark cd with the same cover as the LP.

Be sure you get this material in some form:

You may have it already. All the Rouse material on both are on this cd:

Question for you Mark: I never got to ask you: how are you enjoying that VooDoo Cable Stradivarius Cremona cable?

Right now the newly released Mobile Fidelity SACD:

Where do you come from? Where do you go?
Sorry that’s nothing you would need to know
Well, my back has been to the wall for so long, it seems like it’s stuck
Why don’t you break my heart one more time just for good luck?

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14576 - 09/02/17 at 21:28:12

Lon, "Oh Yeah" looks familiar may have it on CD.  I have made an ebay email follow for Charlie Rouse Vinyl so I should be able to fill in gaps.  On the Stradivarius... it's sounding great in combination with the system.

This original LP now....

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14577 - 09/02/17 at 21:31:39

Awesome, glad the cable is sounding great. I love those I have and have recently added XLR versions, Stradivarius Amati. Bloody expensive, but the final pieces I need, coupled with my new ZTPRE and my trust ZBIT I'm getting the best sound ever.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14578 - 09/02/17 at 21:48:40

oooo a ZTPRE!   I bet you're loving that.  I think I'm set for gear for now.  Maybe another Voodoo cable if it shows up on sale.  And I've thought about trying some Mapleshade speaker wires.  And of course I can't help buying more tubes.  I have some early 60's Hammond Labeled Amperex 12AX7s in both my ZP3s and haven't been tempted to take them out for quite a while.  I tried some 60's Mullards for a while and ended up putting the Amperex back in.  

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14579 - 09/02/17 at 22:05:17

Here is the last of the 4 LPs that arrived today.  An original 1961 Mono copy of this...Vinyl is VG+  maybe a little better but the cover is not so hot...maybe VG.  The Music...EXCELLENT!

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14580 - 09/02/17 at 22:46:00

The Music Matters 33 RPM reissue of this Blue Note album...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14581 - 09/03/17 at 02:04:01

Yes, I am loving the ZTPRE. And I generally prefer Amperex to Mullards as well, and generally use them where I can. Though I confess at the moment in my Torii I am running two Lorenz tubes that are probably Philips and they are really "just right."

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14582 - 09/03/17 at 11:48:45

Listening to this CD in the second system.  Was deciding on whether I should buy a Vinyl copy...pretty sure the answer is YES Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14583 - 09/03/17 at 12:19:38

That's quite interesting. . .my priorities have altered a bit. Recently my digital playback, imo,  has eclipsed my vinyl playback in sound quality in general, and it appears importance on sound quality has grown and take root in me, and I have not been spinning many LPs. In fact, last week I removed my turntable and ZP3 in the system to make room in the racks for the ZTPRE and the Taboo Mk IV headphone amp, so for now I'm back to all digital listening and using my headphones a lot more (extending my available listening time). So my question would be if I had an LP. . . would I get a CD? For the most part yes, except for a lot of earlier jazz either studio or air check, which may well be mastered better on LP.

Well, off to Lakewood, Ohio. My retired minister  Dad is filing in for his church's minister today while the minister is on vacation. Though he has been having once a month Sunday afternoon services at his assisted-living home for over a year, this will be his first time at the pulpit with a full-sized congregation in twenty years. Won't miss this! I love my Dad and honestly he's the best preacher I've ever heard.

Taking this with me for the listen:

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14584 - 09/03/17 at 15:05:29

I bought the Vinyl shortly after I posted.  Then went shopping.  I really look forward to my Saturday morning Vinyl Listening sessions.  I have not done a comparison of CD/SACD playback verse LP of the same album.  Both sound excellent but in the main system I rarely play CDs.  In the second system I usually play CDs but also play Vinyl in my second system on occasion but I reserve the high dollar reissues for the Rega RP6 TT in the main system.  My CD playback isn't up to your standard with the PS Audio gear. I'm still using the Jolida 100A CDP in the second system with Raytheon Black plate 12AX7s...mainly because changing tubes is a hassle...6 to 8 screws after digging it out from under the mono blocks...sounds nice as is...so does the one in the main system.  I also have that Dennon SACD player there as well.  I have so many CDs and LPs that I can't see cutting either out.  I have long forgotten what CDs I have but the Classic Jazz I so love, I can be pretty sure of what I don't have and thus can buy reissues without fearing duplication.  When looking on ebay I don't even look at CDs.  And Now, with this Red Dragonfly DAC, I find myself streaming more music in the second system.  I can see the draw for those without large collections of vinyl and CDs to go the non-physical media route.  It's all good.  :)  Mark.

PS...I listened to 11 LPs yesterday

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14585 - 09/03/17 at 17:24:17

Back in the Cave...LP #1 of this Box...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14586 - 09/03/17 at 17:59:48

mark58 wrote on 09/03/17 at 15:05:29:
I bought the Vinyl shortly after I posted.  Then went shopping.  I really look forward to my Saturday morning Vinyl Listening sessions.  I have not done a comparison of CD/SACD playback verse LP of the same album.  Both sound excellent but in the main system I rarely play CDs.  In the second system I usually play CDs but also play Vinyl in my second system on occasion but I reserve the high dollar reissues for the Rega RP6 TT in the main system.  My CD playback isn't up to your standard with the PS Audio gear. I'm still using the Jolida 100A CDP in the second system with Raytheon Black plate 12AX7s...mainly because changing tubes is a hassle...6 to 8 screws after digging it out from under the mono blocks...sounds nice as is...so does the one in the main system.  I also have that Dennon SACD player there as well.  I have so many CDs and LPs that I can't see cutting either out.  I have long forgotten what CDs I have but the Classic Jazz I so love, I can be pretty sure of what I don't have and thus can buy reissues without fearing duplication.  When looking on ebay I don't even look at CDs.  And Now, with this Red Dragonfly DAC, I find myself streaming more music in the second system.  I can see the draw for those without large collections of vinyl and CDs to go the non-physical media route.  It's all good.  :)  Mark.

PS...I listened to 11 LPs yesterday

Cool. It's all good.  I have about 800 LPs. . . and about 25 to 30 thousand cds, and I don't stream or do digital files. . . so I'm mainly listening to cds.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14587 - 09/03/17 at 18:09:30

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14588 - 09/03/17 at 18:49:03

An original stereo copy...

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #14589 - 09/03/17 at 19:04:51

RIP Walter Becker....

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14590 - 09/03/17 at 19:24:47

Oh damn...another one gone.  This was the first Steely Dan LP I found...really didn't mean to be a copy cat...  :)

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14591 - 09/03/17 at 20:02:20

A Speakers Corner 33 RPM reissue...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14592 - 09/03/17 at 21:30:37

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14593 - 09/03/17 at 21:41:57

PS Audio DMP to PS Audio DS DAC to ZTPRE to ZBIT to Taboo Mk IV to Audeze LCD-2 to bliss

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14594 - 09/03/17 at 22:16:59

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14595 - 09/03/17 at 22:18:50

Heavy Weather was in serious rotation on my TT when it first came out.  I still spin it on occasion....

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #14596 - 09/03/17 at 22:19:25

a few CD's enjoyed

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14597 - 09/03/17 at 22:44:56

I spun it a lot too, though it was sort of the beginning of my disillusionment with Weather Report, I prefer the pre-Jaco LPs to the Jaco and later LPs, but I still enjoy listening to all Weather Report. I have various LP and cd versions. And two SACD discs.

I can still remember how when it came out on LP it was DIFFERENT than the Weather Report that came before in being a bit more "conventional" and by actually getting airplay and recognition from listeners that never listened to Weather Report before.

Right now

Woody was a force!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14598 - 09/03/17 at 23:38:56

This SACD again.

Feels right for a weekend night.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #14599 - 09/04/17 at 15:11:53

OK, back in the Cave but beforehand I played three CDs while I drank my coffee and perused  Ebay.  I bought the Mingus Passions of a Man box set of his Atlantic Recordings, put in an offer for the Roland Kirk Mercury recordings set and I'm watching an auction for a Bill Evans box set...

CD #2

CD #2

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 ... 512
Send Topic Print