Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #16100 - 04/26/18 at 21:15:47

Geri Allen & Timeline Live

This one has stayed by my transport for a while. . . ..

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16101 - 04/26/18 at 21:25:45

Done with Coltrane and just put on RTF...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16102 - 04/26/18 at 22:20:53

"Good Gracious!" Lou Donalson, Blue Note Japan cd

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16103 - 04/26/18 at 22:56:07

Lon, my Mapleshade wires came.  I forgot to mention that I bought them used so hopefully not a long break in.  Man, these things are thin.  They feel like bare wire...is it?

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16104 - 04/26/18 at 23:55:25

No it's not bare wire, there's an insulation coating. Very interesting wire. .. to me it doesn't sound quite like one would think it does. I had used cryo'd cat-6 cable a few years before the Mapleshade and I sort of excepted the latter to sound like the former. . . and it really didn't.

Hoping for a quick settling in and that it's an improvement.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16105 - 04/27/18 at 00:19:04

Lou Donaldson "Cosmos" Blue Note Japan SHM-CD

Melvin Sparks sounds really good here.

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16106 - 04/27/18 at 00:24:06

Artist: Eric Bibb
Release date: July 23, 2001

PaintingSigns.jpg

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16107 - 04/27/18 at 01:40:49

CD #5 of 6...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16108 - 04/27/18 at 15:50:06

Dexter Gordon "Go!" Blue Note Japan SHM-CD.

This listen makes me think a few dozen hours of Dexter Gordon duetting with Sonny Rollins would be an amazing archive to have.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #16109 - 04/27/18 at 20:59:10

Sonny Rollins came second to Stan Getz  in the critics poll for tenor man 1957 when Rollins was up'n'coming.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16110 - 04/27/18 at 21:03:31

Yes, there's some Dexter in Sonny. And Lester, and Bird . . . and lots and lots of Rollins.

Now: Talk of this on another board led me to pull it off the shelves.

Miles Davis "The Man with the Horn" Sony Blu-Spcc CD2

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16111 - 04/27/18 at 23:01:34

So I've been listening to music all day after putting in the Mapleshade Double Helix speaker wires after a bit of a fight with these un-flexible  things, I was up and running with the Monoblocks and "Souls".  First I played the Keith Jarrett CD that was still in the player from yesterday. I didn't really notice much difference, nothing bad and definitely not Bass shy as some have reported. I have a horrible audio memory but as time went on they seemed to impart  a more defined or instrument separation and more clear or detailed sound.  Not edgy or etched as some have reported...of course I have the ZROCK II but didn't need to change the setting...usually at 3/4 plus or minus a bit.  So listening to small group jazz, these are nice indeed.  (Keith Jarrett, Art Pepper, Roland Kirk, Bill Evans).  We'll see how they perform with Big Band later.  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16112 - 04/27/18 at 23:14:24

That's cool Mark. Hope you continue to enjoy them.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16113 - 04/27/18 at 23:23:41

Harry "Sweets" Edison "Mr. Swing" (Verve Elite edition).

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16114 - 04/28/18 at 02:54:27

Artist: Kaki King
Release date: April 22, 2003

R-3134321-1346879899-5478_jpeg1.jpg

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16115 - 04/28/18 at 04:11:05

Night and Day
Joe Jackson's
Released in June 1982

jackson_nightf.jpg

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16116 - 04/28/18 at 09:55:52

Couldn't sleep so up listening to CDs with the monoblocks and the new mapleshade wires.  Also have KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE(1988) muted on TV...sort of a Music Video thing goin' on...haha.

Anyway the first two CDs are first the 11th CD of this Art Pepper set and the  first CD of this live EST set...  I guess I should mention how good things are sounding...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16117 - 04/28/18 at 10:35:42

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16118 - 04/28/18 at 16:02:52

Leon Russle
Leon Russle

LeonRussellAlbum1.jpg

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16119 - 04/28/18 at 16:42:56

Harry Connick Jr
She released 1994

Mark how do you post multiple picture in a single post without the additional text?
Thanks in advance

HCjr_She1.jpg

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16120 - 04/28/18 at 16:58:10

Dana, 1) you go get the image, I usually use Discogs.  Right click image and scroll down to "Copy Image Address" and click.  2) open message form and click on the "insert image icon"...a picture frame third from the left, top row.  You get this  [ img ][ / img ].  3) Place cursor between the IMGs and right click and click "Paste".  4) Repeat for each image...not sure if there's a limit.  Hope this helps.  Mark.

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16121 - 04/28/18 at 17:24:48

Found the insert image icon!  This helps A Lot  THANX!

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16122 - 04/28/18 at 17:52:42

Back to Music...CD #4 of this set...

PS...I just noticed I reached 5000 posts...where were the Fireworks and Parade?   Smiley

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16123 - 04/28/18 at 18:00:50

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16124 - 04/28/18 at 18:05:35

WORKED!
Valarie June
The Order of Time

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16125 - 04/28/18 at 18:11:40

Dana, you can write anything you want in the same post...before, after or between images.  Also you can click the modify button on the right upper area of the post to edit...add or change things...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16126 - 04/28/18 at 18:46:05

Congrats Mark!

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16127 - 04/28/18 at 18:50:38

Randy Crawford
Raw Silk

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #16128 - 04/28/18 at 18:51:36

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16129 - 04/28/18 at 19:12:59

Hahaha Lon, Thanks!

Next...

PS...this is sounding fantastic....I haven't listened to it for a while so it could be the New Mapleshade Speaker wire...the new Mullard GZ-32s or the new White label 6922s in the monos....or all three Smiley

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16130 - 04/28/18 at 20:00:54

Listening to this...the first track of the 2nd CD is magical...hope the rest is the same...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16131 - 04/28/18 at 23:03:23

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16132 - 04/28/18 at 23:42:16

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #16133 - 04/29/18 at 03:55:11

I think that some of you already know that I have been collecting Animals things for about thirty years.

I found this recently:

And it is in great shape. Almost like some one bought it and hated it and never played it.
I now have it!!
I have played it three times in a row. Love the Animals!!

Animals_5.jpg
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16134 - 04/29/18 at 13:51:56

This one again. Swingin'!

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16135 - 04/29/18 at 16:50:15

In the Cave for Vinyl Therapy...This LP first...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16136 - 04/29/18 at 17:24:00

OK, this LP was purchased in a lot of 8 or 9 Bill Evans LPs...I haven't heard it before and don't have high expectations to be honest.

I also have put a newly acquired Mullard 1960 GZ-32 into the CSP3 in the Cave, I paid $56 shipped for this one.  Tests new and looks new...none of the burn circles on top like my others bought NOS that acquired the circles/dots after use... The previous Mullard GZ-32 was a 1965 and has a circle getter unlike this one and all the others i have that have rectangular/D shaped getters...all are the R71 type made in Blackburn.

PS...well, I'll listen to all of this but it's doubtful I'll play it again...

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16137 - 04/29/18 at 17:24:37

Joe Bonamassa ‎– Tour De Force - Live In London - Royal Albert Hall
Released: 2014

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16138 - 04/29/18 at 17:30:46

Dana, you've got this posting thing down! Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16139 - 04/29/18 at 17:34:27

That's a pretty cool LP. . . I have a CD version from Japan. Russell and Evans together are always interesting. . . to me.

Right now
The inimitable Babs Gonsalez, Chronogical Classics 1947 - 1949

I found the disc stuck in with another disc in a case. . . I think the case for this must be in my storage unit!

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16140 - 04/29/18 at 18:33:09

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16141 - 04/29/18 at 19:01:50

This is more like it...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16142 - 04/29/18 at 19:28:28

Eliane Elias "Something for You: Eliane Elias Sings and Plays Bill Evans"

Sounding very good.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16143 - 04/29/18 at 19:43:52

LP #1 of 2...

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16144 - 04/29/18 at 20:08:40

Sex, Drugs, HTML & Rock n Roll (not necessarily in that order)
John McLaughlin, Paco de Lucia & Al Di Meola Friday Night In San Francisco
Release date: August 10, 1981

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16145 - 04/29/18 at 20:31:21

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16146 - 04/29/18 at 20:52:09

Ane Brun
Changing of the Seasons
Released October 2008 in the US

I got a STAR I hit 50 posts!

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #16147 - 04/29/18 at 22:18:08

I don't know why but I like this album?
One For The Road
Willie Nelson Leon Russell
Release Date 1979

Tom Waits:
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16148 - 04/30/18 at 00:14:19

This one again. . . it was still in the player and I got a chance for a little more listening. I've had the system warming up all day. . . and things are sounding great!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16149 - 04/30/18 at 18:47:07

Herbie Hancock "The Prisoner" Blue Note Japan SHM-CD

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 ... 512
Send Topic Print