Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #24050 - 10/02/23 at 21:39:57

Yes, as much as I like DeJohnette, I skipped those ECM titles of his as a leader in general.

Right now
Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" Stereo/Quad SACD from Japan, disc 2.

I've been listening to a new rectifier and . . . damn. . . BASS.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24051 - 10/03/23 at 03:57:47

Nice. I wonder about the "quad" function.
I thought "we all agreed"  a long time ago that quad was not going to be a thing.
Interesting.

Calling it a night with this one ...

Paul Chambers Quintet

Paul_Chambers_Quintet___tiny.jpg

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24052 - 10/03/23 at 08:57:10

Well I don't listen to the Quad layer, but it contains the original Quad mix and people say it sounds great!

I got it for the packaging (fantastic) and remastering (fantastic).

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24053 - 10/03/23 at 09:15:01

"The Complete Freddie Hubbard Blue Note & Impulse Studio Sessions" Mosaic Records
Mosaic Records

Disc III: READY FOR FREDDIE

Freddie Hubbard, trumpet; Kiane Zawadi (Bernard McKinney), euphonium; Wayne Shorter, tenor sax; McCoy Tyner, piano; Art Davis, bass; Elvin Jones, drums.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24054 - 10/03/23 at 10:05:09

Johnny Hodges - Ray Nance - Keith Christie "Homage To The Duke" Esquire/Solid Records Japan

Reissuing a 2 LP set reissuing two sessions recorded for Esquire in London probably in '55

in from CDJapan

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24055 - 10/03/23 at 10:52:49

David Sanchez "Travesia" Columbia cd

Alto Saxophone – Miguel Zenon
Bass – Hans Glawischnig
Drums – Antonio Sanchez
Percussion, Congas – Pernell Saturnino
Piano – Edsel Gomez
Producer, Tenor Saxophone – David Sánchez

I really like the way Sanchez incorporates Latin elements into his work.

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24056 - 10/03/23 at 11:57:27

Another David Sanchez from around the same time.

David Sanchez "The Departure" Columbia cd

Bass – Andy Gonzalez, Peter Washington
Drums – Leon Parker
Percussion – Milton Cardona
Piano – Danilo Perez
Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – David Sanchez
Trumpet – Tom Harrell

From the shelves

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #24057 - 10/03/23 at 12:27:54

Prefect, excellence to start this morning with.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24058 - 10/03/23 at 14:39:46

I remember "Bitches Brew"  being released sort of in the middle of the quad rage.
A friend once gave me a quad reel to reel of DSOTM because he couldn't play it on his machine without altering the deck. And/Or he had to have a special receiver to play it.
I could play it on my Studer after some manipulation, but the novelty wore off really fast.
I think everyone played around with quad for a while. I bought a Kenny Loggins tape for a girlfriend and she hated it! She did not want to feel surrounded by anything.
Smiley

I had a room set up with my own version of "surround" in the late '70s. I had two stereo systems set up crisscrossed with a "difference" speaker set between each stereo pair. The four "difference tracks" were wired between the positives of the main tracks to create the difference signal.
It actually sounded pretty good, but again, the novelty wore off quickly.

I had a show to do once with a "Healer" from Mexico who had to be in the middle of the room, surrounded by his audience. No way to fly anything in those days in a low ceiling convention hall.
The sound system had to go in the corners of the room, facing the microphones. A perfect recipe for massive feedback all day long, but I managed.

I basically used my experimental funtime knowledge gained from that household play to set the sound reinforcement system up for him the exact same way, using eight columns of speakers evenly spaced around the perimeter. Yes, I measured! It was a square convention hall room, but I made a circle of sound with him in the middle.

It actually worked great! He could move anywhere within about a forty foot radius, which included his entire audience in the many circles of seats, and I had no feedback from facing all the eight speakers directly toward the center where the main microphones were.

The real secret was that I used a stereo microphone for him and re-wired the stereo sides out of phase internally. Any sound from close proximity made one signal, but any sound from about eight feet away arrived out of phase to the sides of the stereo pick up mic. No feedback!
A lot more trouble, but it worked! And he healed many that day!
Grin

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24059 - 10/03/23 at 14:43:04

Hey, Lon, I have that first David Sanchez you mentioned. I love it.
I need all the rest!

Sorry, I just realized I put another "life story" in the music thread. I'll remove it if you want.

Another Paul Chambers.  This is a stereo reissue from '73, but it sounds good.

Paul_Chambers_Sextet_Whims_Of_Chambers_____tiny.jpg

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #24060 - 10/03/23 at 15:40:19

Now round out the noon hour. Complete 4 disk set of this 1971 concert fed to the shop via flac file. What a great day to be breathing! Heck, I may get my record cabinets cut today Smiley

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24061 - 10/03/23 at 18:09:06

More Chico songs. I really like the Songbook series and his is very enjoyable.

"Chico Buarque--Songbook Vol. 7" Lumiar cd.

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24062 - 10/03/23 at 18:21:11

Same Old DD wrote on 10/03/23 at 14:43:04:
Hey, Lon, I have that first David Sanchez you mentioned. I love it.
I need all the rest!

Sorry, I just realized I put another "life story" in the music thread. I'll remove it if you want.

Another Paul Chambers.  This is a stereo reissue from '73, but it sounds good.

As regards life stories. . .on another board you've frequented I started a thread called "Listenin' to Jazz and Conversation". . . I really enjoy the conversational aspect of music forums.

I never did get into Quad back in the day. . . when I heard it it only seemed best when all the speakers and amplification were identical and of good quality and I knew I was way far away from affording that sort of thing. Two channel has always taken all my money. . . didn't want to start trying to fund four. And I was never into movies enough to consider a surround system.

Man the two channel Wink system is sounding so good today. I am about 20  hours into using a new Aqua II 274B from Sophia Electric and it's clearly a bit better than the previous Aqua, a bit blacker background, a bit more lower frequencies, a bit more depth to the soundstage. I like it! Has me considering the new Classic II 300B when I get around to ordering 300B tubes so I have a backup pair.

Also impacting this sound is the fact that I removed 8 VooDoo Cable IsoPods from under my speakers and replaced them with Herbie's Audio Iso-Cups with Deep Moss Green "balls," and distributed those IsoPods throughout this and the headphone system so that components that only had 3 under them now all have 4 under them. That has made . . . a positive difference.

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24063 - 10/03/23 at 18:25:41

This one is also in the Paul Chambers stack. Chambers appears, but ...

I wonder if duplicates are to be found still.

Another re-issue, so nothing valuable.

Wynton Kelly Trio, Smokin' at the Half Note

Wynton_Kelly_Smokin_at_the_Half_Note___tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24064 - 10/03/23 at 18:50:41

Thanks, Lon. I will leave it up as another little micro-snippet into how I got here.

... and I agree about the Quad fad.

I had boatloads of matching gear to use, but that was not the problem. It just never sounded real and that takes me farther away from what I needed from a private, at home reproduction system.

I played, I had my fun and I never got very far away or even lost sight of my best two channel system.

I think I mentioned how I have my movie rig set up. I have 5.1 going with a decent, powerful Denon AVR, but my surrounds are set up behind my LCR fronts aimed at the ceiling. Nothing behind me and still I get a great deal of expansion in the sound with the surrounds when it is there. It's all I need to enjoy a movie. I don't need cars sprinting or bullets whizzing past my head.

The speakers are Klipsch and this is the only place I enjoy Klipsch  -  movies.

BTW, I did sell my La Scalas this past spring. (FINALLY!!!) They were OK about half the time and made me tired of them after about an hour, every time. Massive listener fatigue set in quickly with those horrid beasts.
Rocked well with the Zens! Very efficient! But not for me.
I got them into the hands of a Klipsch nut.

It is good to hear that your Sarah is still impressing you!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24065 - 10/03/23 at 18:57:49

Interesting way to set up surround.

I fell in love with Steve's Radial RL-1 and then RL-2 speakers, and then the ERR and the HR-1. . . and all these have a driver outputting up and out as well as a front firing driver and ribbon tweeter, and passive radiators at the bottom. Similar in a way, and a way of listening to music that is so immersive and seductive, so much so that though so much has changed in my system in the last dozen years or so, the HR-1 have remained and I never think of replacing either pair I have. And a pair of ERR are stored where I can see them every day and I haven't been eager to sell them.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24066 - 10/03/23 at 19:07:27

The Barry Harris Trio "Breakin' It Up" Argo/Universal Japan cd UCCU-8229

From the shelves

IP Logged
Rap

Reply #24067 - 10/03/23 at 22:16:20

re-release

Screenshot_11.jpg

"A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit..."
  IP Logged
Rap

Reply #24068 - 10/03/23 at 22:21:59

Sorry still getting use to resizing again...
This one is pretty good though...

Screenshot_12.jpg

"A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit..."
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24069 - 10/04/23 at 01:10:22

"For Mahalia, With Love" James Brandon Lewis/Red Lily Quintet

I got this a month ago and started listening to it. I definitely was not feeling it. It seemed like someone fabricating a work like someone else's. Re-visiting it tonight I am past that and enjoying it!

From the shelves

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24070 - 10/04/23 at 03:05:51

I'm so lucky to be experiencing music I've never owned or in many cases, never even heard before.
This one is both.

The Roy Haynes Trio, Just Us

A modern pic, but mine is a mono re-issue from '64 on New Jazz

The_Roy_Haynes_Trio_Just_Us___tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24071 - 10/04/23 at 10:14:00

The New John Handy Quintet "New View" Columbia / Koch cd

Talk online of Handy made me seek this one out from the shelves. What a band! Albert Stinson was taken from us too soon.

Alto Saxophone – John Handy
Bass – Albert Stinson
Drums – Doug Sides
Guitar – Pat Martino
Vibraphone – Bobby Hutcherson

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #24072 - 10/04/23 at 10:40:09

The music yesterday along with a good night sleep got me motivated to get something started that has been on a backburnner. That is making some album/tape cabinets. There was 5 pieces of 3/4" oak plywood in the shop that was purchased from a guy that just got done ripping what he needed for his project. The waste was about 12 1/2" wide 96" long. Just enough to make two units 4' by 31" high. The plywood was cut and dado. The exposed edges will be framed with machined oak that is also laying around from a bulk purchased years ago.
I was going to just use 1/4" oak plywood for the back as a brace but don't have a convenient way to get a piece home. My truck is gone as well as the motorhome. Besides what fun is that when there is solid oak plank just waiting to be formed by machines and hand tools.
I also sold unwanted albums to recoup the outlay spent on the large lot of albums, tapes, and 78s purchased this summer. A guy came  yesterday a bought a 150 lot of DJ singles. A 500 lot was sold last week of gospel, christmas, and popular 50s & 60s male and female artists.
A good day!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24073 - 10/04/23 at 11:08:47

More John Handy. . . "Mosaic Select" disc 1

From the shelves

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24074 - 10/04/23 at 13:46:01

The last of the Roy Haynes in this stack.

A stereo re-issue from '85 on Prestige, Japanese pressing.

Roy Haynes, Cymbalism

Roy_Haynes_Cymbalism___tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24075 - 10/04/23 at 14:12:34

I have both of those Roy Haynes on cd. Interesting sessions. Man, Roy is still with us, and drumming all the way!

Just finished
Chick Corea + Origin "A Week at the Blue Note" disc 2

I really love this box set. Great music in sound that makes you feel you are there if you use your imagination. If only Chick didn't love those bright Yamaha pianos! Smiley

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24076 - 10/04/23 at 17:33:48

John Coltrane "Ballads" Impulse Japan 2023 "Acoustic Sounds" series SHM-SACD

Man this sounds great.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24077 - 10/04/23 at 17:56:20

Duke Ellington "The Private Collection, Vol. 3--Studio Sessions, New York 1962"

Lots of great Gonsalves

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24078 - 10/04/23 at 21:13:50

"Grayfolded" (an amazing number of career-spanning parts of "Dark Star" folded together with real brilliance.) Disc 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grayfolded

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24079 - 10/05/23 at 00:39:24

Lon wrote on 10/04/23 at 17:56:20:
Duke Ellington "The Private Collection, Vol. 3--Studio Sessions, New York 1962"

https://i.discogs.com/Zov2DUihiaWmTkT7Q3NDc46okehbf0_V4_hnebNMp4U/rs:fit/g:sm/q:...

Lots of great Gonsalves

From the shelves

Forgot how cool the arrangement and performance of "Monk's Dream" is and that great one-two punch with "Frere Monk."

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24080 - 10/05/23 at 00:50:59

Dexter Gordon "Complete Trio and Quartet Studio Recordings 1974 1975 1976"" Steeplechase, disc 1

Saw someone else listing this as being played and darned if I didn't want to join in.

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24081 - 10/05/23 at 10:41:57

I was interrupted shortly into this one, so I'm repeating it.

Dexter Gordon "Complete Trio and Quartet Studio Recordings 1974 1975 1976"" Steeplechase, disc 1

OMG I forgot how awesome the two takes of "Old Folks," duets by Gordon with NHOP, are on this disc. Just Dexter at his best and NHOP gives him everything he needs.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24082 - 10/05/23 at 12:36:42

Sasha Dobson With The Chris Byars Octet "The Darkling Thrush" Smalls Records

There's something a little offbeat about this release. I like off beat. She reminds me of Anita O'Day a bit. The arrangements are sort of . . . out of time. Elements of early 'sixties/late 'fifties, elemetns of now. I've liked Byers on other leader and sideman dates, and the recording is interesing.

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24083 - 10/05/23 at 12:56:54

Baden Powell "O Universo Musical De Baden Powell" Universal 2 cd set, disc 1

From the shelves

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24084 - 10/05/23 at 15:51:02

Ever since my first trip to Florida, I have been crazy about the Cuban Sound.
We played rock on the beach, but at 1 or 2AM when we wrapped things up, the Cubanos would begin their overnight sets. Playing acoustically in small cabana bars on the beach with service all night back then.

Forget loading up the gear for now. Damn! These guys sound great!!

Just ordered this new release from Bandcamp and downloaded the acompanying FLAC files to create a data disc for my player. Spinning those files now.

I have her other two previous releases as well. A rare exploration of vocal acts for me, but I really do not think of this music as jazz, even though some do.

Estrella Acosta, Tierra

Esstrella_Acosta_Tierra____tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24085 - 10/05/23 at 16:40:56

I haven't gotten too much into Cuban music on disc. I've enjoyed some live music in that genre, mostly last century. One of these days I may pick up the Craft Records box set of "jams."

Right now, an old favorite I neglected for quite a while.

Weather Report "8:30" Sony SRCS 9147~8 lp facsimile 2 cd set, disc 1

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24086 - 10/05/23 at 17:17:28

I don't have enough of Weather Report, either.

If you refer to this Cuban collection, I bought it when I first saw it, about four years ago. I'd call it a decent starter, but it is like any toe dip, you get a lot of variety with little depth. Still worth having, for me.

Live albums seem harder to come by. Most I have are done by the typical modern jazz upstarts with a single Cuban in tow, sadly.

Box_Set_Of_The_Complete_Cuban_Jam_Sessions_____tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24087 - 10/05/23 at 17:20:32

Yes, that was what I was referring to. I may pick it up one day.

Right now

I cleaned this and it still is noisier than I like, but a great listen to a great LP. The mono is great as well, and mine is a quieter copy.

Jack Teagarden "Think Well of Me" Verve stereo LP

From the shelves

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24088 - 10/05/23 at 18:41:12

Back to the stack for a while ...
I am not familiar with this guy, but he's in this Miles Davis "show of force" stack.

I have to say, this is not really anything I would buy. Some of the playing is nice, but they lose me after a bit of some tracks.
Oh, well, I had to know. I played it because I had never heard it. Sometimes I win at this game, but not today.

The title track is uniquely ethereal, which I do enjoy on occasion and the final track was a bit busy, but not unpleasant as was much of the "free" style sounds.

David Holland Quartet, Conference Of The Birds

Dave_Holland_Quartet_Conference_Of_The_Birds_____tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24089 - 10/05/23 at 18:49:34

Sorry for a harsh review above, but I felt like it needed to be shared.
More stack later.

I do know about this guy, a CD I bought in the '90s.

Roy Hargrove, With The Tenors Of Our Time

Roy_Hargrove_With_The_Tenors_Of_Our_Time____tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24090 - 10/05/23 at 19:10:47

Yeah, I'm not much a fan of this much-lauded release either.

But Dave Holland. . .incredible bass player. Played with Miles on Filles De Kilimanjaro, Bitches Brew and many sessions around that time. Moved on to be a part of "Circle" with Corea and Braxton. Eventually has led his own groups that have produced some very good albums.

He's a master contrabass violinists but when with Miles he played some really amazing electric bass work, especially to my ears on Miles Davis at Fillmore.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24091 - 10/05/23 at 19:25:20

Bill Evans Trio "Live at Shelly's Manne-hole, Hollywood, California" Riverside/OJC K2 cd

My woofers like the bass on this cd.

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24092 - 10/05/23 at 20:24:32

Kenny Burrell "Pieces of Blue & the Blues" Blue Note cd

Kenny Burrell, Rodney Jones and Bobby Broom at the Vanguard. What a night that would have been to have been there.

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24093 - 10/06/23 at 01:19:34

I haven't heard this one in too long, a nice live date with Kenny and Jay Hoggard on vibes.

Kenny Burrell "Guiding Spirit" Contemporary Japan cd

From the shelves

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #24094 - 10/06/23 at 04:04:47

One of my favorite albums:

DSD download from HDTT, and it sounds really good.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
STR-1002 -> Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Audeze LCD-XC
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #24095 - 10/06/23 at 14:30:32

From the stack, my first Art Taylor album.
There are a few more.

This is a '77 Japanese re-issue in stereo from Prestige, promo version. Not anything on the album is labeled as a promo, but according to Discogs, the numbers line up with the promo release.
Maybe because it was an early attempt at stereo for this recording?

This version sounds really good, but it makes me wonder if the modern remaster on CD is even better.

Arthur Taylor, Taylor's Tenors

Arthur_Taylor_Taylors_Tenors_____tiny.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24096 - 10/06/23 at 14:42:38

CD versions sound pretty darned good.

Right now
Jeremy Steig "Wayfaring Stranger" Blue Note/ Dusgty Groove cd

Quite a band--Sam Brown on guitar!

Bass, Liner Notes – Eddie Gomez
Drums – Don Alias
Flute – Jeremy Steig
Guitar – Sam Brown

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24097 - 10/06/23 at 15:42:38

"10 Anos de Toquinho & Vinicius"

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24098 - 10/06/23 at 16:32:18

Anita O'Day (with the Gary McFarland Orchestra "All the Sad Young Men" Verve

I'm listening to this session in the O'Day Verve Mosaic box. I'm fascinated with McFarland's arranging and his music in general. This is a good pairing.

From the shelves

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24099 - 10/06/23 at 17:26:29

From the shelves

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 ... 513
Send Topic Print