Cool

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #3701 - 12/29/13 at 03:52:40

Next up...

PS...LR, I did it!!

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #3702 - 12/29/13 at 03:59:09

Keeping the night interesting!

On Deck Next

Cool

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3703 - 12/29/13 at 12:22:42

I'm up to song 18 of 24 on this album via Spotify. Very soothing.  I'll add my recommendation to Lon's.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3704 - 12/29/13 at 13:04:40

This album is of the  Jobim set at the Montreal Jazz Festival in 1986 with the pulchritude of ladies that Lon spoke about and of which I gave you  you tube videos.  Very nice indeed.  I think I prefer Tom's singing when backed by the ladies.  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3705 - 12/29/13 at 13:36:56

I love that one. I love Jobim in all shapes and sizes. One of my favorites is just Jobim at the piano.

I've just come to love everything he's done.

Right now, Beethoven

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3706 - 12/29/13 at 13:45:10

Lon, I read about that one on All Music guide.  This CD is already in my amazon wish list....two of your favorites in a two CD set for $20. Then after I'm done with the current album, I decided to listen to Getz.  Hot coffee and Jobim, what better way to spend a morning?  Mark

PS...correction...I read about it on Amazon in a customer review.

IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #3707 - 12/29/13 at 13:48:32

Cool

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3708 - 12/29/13 at 14:00:51

This now...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3709 - 12/29/13 at 14:01:27

Never knew they were available together like that Mark. Interesting. . . . I couldn't find the amazon page for that version. I hope that means they are both there on two cds. I say that because "Inedito" just means "Unreleased" in Portuguese. So they may be saying "Unrleased and Live."

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3710 - 12/29/13 at 14:13:05

Lon,  here are the links to the Amazon pages. All are in my wish list.  I'll have to figure out what's on the one that appears to have both albums...may not be what I think.  Mark.

http://www.amazon.com/Antonio-Carlos-Jobim-Minas-Piano/dp/B0017P4CIS/ref=cm_cr_p...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G1T4UU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&coli...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00712AT92/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&coli...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3711 - 12/29/13 at 14:15:34

Well, sure looks like you're getting both of them together for a good price. Nice shopping!

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3712 - 12/29/13 at 14:38:35

Lon, here is what I found on Discovery Records site

"And for collectors, here is the Jobim Box Set containing the two Biscoito Fino-DiscMedi albums : the previously unreleased live recording - "Antonio Carlos Jobim - Em minas Ao Vivo-Piano e Voz" the rare, reissued "Tom Jobim - Inedito". 42 tracks in total, showing the master Brazilian composer-performer at the peak of his career, reinterpreting many of his most famous songs in studio and concert settings - the former, with top musicians; the later, performed solo."

http://www.discovery-records.com/product-ST46352/antonio-carlos-tom-jobim/inedit...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3713 - 12/29/13 at 15:09:54

Cool. A great pairing!

Right now, this fascinating set, first disc

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3714 - 12/29/13 at 16:45:44

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3715 - 12/29/13 at 16:48:37

Disc two of this three CD set...all instrumental Jobim from various albums...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3716 - 12/29/13 at 17:31:12

This now...

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3717 - 12/29/13 at 18:14:26

24/96 version - Love the first half of the album - Zen amp is really doing well today. Thinking this is going to be a great album to break in the ZMA when it arrives.

Popped this on for Brianne - really surprised as to how good this Hip-Hop/Pop album is!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3718 - 12/29/13 at 19:58:05

Really enjoying this one - recommended by someone in my CD trading group. It's piano and choir doing popular tunes. Well recorded - sounds HUGE on the Zen amp MG944 combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQj_-Zt8d1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Rg6nuZoQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SABPBly90Nk

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3719 - 12/29/13 at 19:58:06

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3720 - 12/29/13 at 20:14:04

Listened to this...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3721 - 12/29/13 at 20:20:22

LR,  those clips sound pretty good via ear buds and laptop...

I just finished doing my yearly expense report and will be moving to the Listening Cave after a bite to eat.

The first CD will be from this 4 CD set. Mark.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3722 - 12/29/13 at 21:05:05

This tonight on CBS... I think I'll watch it.

Kennedy Center Honors
Entertainers receive recognition in the annual ceremony; this year's honorees include soprano Martina Arroyo, pianist Herbie Hancock, singer Billy Joel, actress Shirley MacLaine and guitarist Carlos Santana.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3723 - 12/29/13 at 22:00:59

This woman. . . has it all. Plays, sings, and looks beautifully.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3724 - 12/29/13 at 22:26:53

This CD now.  Monk's fourth album for Columbia with three bonus tracks...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3725 - 12/29/13 at 22:30:23

A personal favorite, being a big fan of both of these big men.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3726 - 12/29/13 at 23:22:15

This 1983 Chet Baker recording next...

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #3727 - 12/30/13 at 17:21:17

I`m still manning the phone downstairs waiting for a call from the owner of my chess site to offer me an admin post......after a little chat I s`pose.
So no music for a bit.
Happy spinning & New Year to all !

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3728 - 12/30/13 at 18:08:19

Stuck in Peoria till about 5 PM tomorrow (New Years Eve!) then a 3 hour drive home. No music for me, but I'm plowing through audio books on these long drives.  :)

I should have my package of Herbie's Audio Lab footies for my Decware MG944 and Oppo BDP when I get home, so I have that to look forward to! Smiley

mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3729 - 12/30/13 at 18:15:17

Back in the Listening Cave spinning LPs again...listening to more Sonny Rollins at the age of 32. I am using the Torii with speakers but currently have the HD800 headphones on connected via the CSP3. Does anyone else prefer using the CSP3 rather than the Taboo MK III for these cans?

51xhuY2kctL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3730 - 12/30/13 at 18:44:50

Next LP more Rollins...mmmm

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3731 - 12/30/13 at 19:25:56

Next LP...a little Phil Woods.  LP #6 from this box set...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3732 - 12/30/13 at 19:52:02

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3733 - 12/30/13 at 20:06:58

LP #2 of this set...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3734 - 12/30/13 at 20:54:39

Next LP #6 of this set.  It's Lee Konitz in a Quartet in 1956...very nice.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3735 - 12/30/13 at 21:40:03

Next this LP which is LP#1 of this set...LR, I'm going to try putting two photos on this post.  Mark.  PS..LR it wouldn't let me insert another?

http://www.fotothing.com" alt="" title="" border="0" />

076014.jpg

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3736 - 12/30/13 at 22:19:40

LP #1 of "Billie Holiday...The Golden Years" Vol. II...so fine. These recordings are from 1935 to 1937 on Columbia.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3737 - 12/30/13 at 22:23:24

Those are good lps.

Right now

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3738 - 12/31/13 at 02:03:20

OK , I'm back spinning.  Here's an LP I've had for decades and never listened to...it's another Electra Musician released in 1982.  It's actually a reissue of a 1971 album that was John McLaughlin's third solo LP.  Mark.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3739 - 12/31/13 at 02:49:31

Another LP I don't think I ever got around to listening to.  Surprising since it is Keith Jarrett.  I'm not too sure about this about 5 minutes in.  We'll see.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3740 - 12/31/13 at 02:50:52

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3741 - 12/31/13 at 03:30:22

Rodrigo y Gabriela on Austin City Limits. I actually prefer their earlier material, but they're fun to see. And I love Gabriela's smile. Sound is great coming out of the  PWD Mk II.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3742 - 12/31/13 at 03:34:38

This LP next then of to bed...

PS...Lon, here in Dallas we're getting episodes of Downton Abbey Season #3 on PBS for two hours....I've never heard of those two but apparently they were here in Dallas last July.  I'll listen to some samples tomorrow...maybe.  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3743 - 12/31/13 at 03:47:44

My sister keeps trying to get my Mom and Dad into Downton Abbey but luckily my Mom can't follow it and doesn't want to watch it. That's great because I sure don't want to watch it. . . not my cup of tea.

My last one of the day.

IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #3744 - 12/31/13 at 12:48:21

Just left the Frustrating SET Bashers topic it left my head spinning so I figure I would spin this next!

Grin

Cool

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3745 - 12/31/13 at 12:54:26

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3746 - 12/31/13 at 13:58:33

More from this set

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3747 - 12/31/13 at 14:57:31

Is it bad that I want to buy this album for the awesome cover? Smiley

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3748 - 12/31/13 at 15:23:36

It is a cool cover! Interesting music, and that "Hyperion" sound, always worth hearing as they're recorded decently.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3749 - 12/31/13 at 15:24:49

Back to this one. Just great music well-played and recorded. Dad loves it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 512
Send Topic Print