Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 512
Send Topic Print
What's spinning? (Read 1828753 times)
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #4650 - 04/09/14 at 18:53:28

Moving on to some 1975 Big Band Basie style...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4651 - 04/09/14 at 20:05:47

Next...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4652 - 04/09/14 at 21:27:26

next...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4653 - 04/10/14 at 00:32:26

Next...

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4654 - 04/10/14 at 01:04:24

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4655 - 04/10/14 at 01:08:12

This was popular at the 2013 Decfest.

Followed by this, which is well recorded.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4656 - 04/10/14 at 01:54:50

Next...

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4657 - 04/10/14 at 02:42:49

LR...Daft Punk have come a long way since Homework.  Below is a Daft Punk record I used to spin in college (I started off spinning acid house and eventually progressed to deep/funky house).  Vinyl only on Technic 1200 turntables.  I'm not sure I miss the days of carrying around crates of vinyl.

I really enjoy the new album.  There are some reference tracks on there (sonically) but the tracks that initially got my attention were the collaboration with Julian Cassablancas from The Strokes and the collaboration with Panda Bear.  RAM covers a lot of ground and takes you on quite the journey.  Great stuff.  Enjoy!

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4658 - 04/10/14 at 02:49:09

Beach House: Bloom.  The followup to one of my favorite albums of 2010, Teen Dream.  

IP Logged
SteveC
Seasoned Member

Reply #4659 - 04/10/14 at 04:06:28

I also got Daft Punks RAM because of decfest.  I like almost every song on there now.  This surprised me.

It's also interesting that it won album of the year and best engineered album.   I was reading the Loudness War topic at Wikipedia which says the over compression trend seems to be reversing.  It cites this album as one example of this trend... and they were rewarded for it. (one of the reasons)

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4660 - 04/10/14 at 10:44:28

First today...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4661 - 04/10/14 at 11:09:44

next...

This CD is being played via a Jolida 100.  I Changed the Rectifier in my Taboo MK III from the stock Valve Art 274B to a newly acquired Delco branded 1953 RCA 5U4G that arrived yesterday and was sent as a replacement for an unsatisfactory tube sent previously. Headphones are the Audeze LCD 2.2's.  I must say is sounds wonderful...it will stay there until my Torii returns from the Mother Ship.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4662 - 04/10/14 at 12:06:19

Next...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4663 - 04/10/14 at 13:30:39

Next on Spotify...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4664 - 04/10/14 at 16:18:45

Next, another Standards Trio recording done Live at Town Hall in New York...April 1990.  Superb.  Mark.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4665 - 04/10/14 at 17:12:30

This Live Miles from 1960 next.  I'll listen to the Concert with Sonny Stitt.  But more important my Torii just landed at the Mother Ship at 10:31.  Mark.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4666 - 04/10/14 at 21:08:46

next...

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4667 - 04/11/14 at 00:05:59

The latest from Sun Kil Moon:  Benji...great storytelling, but you might want to avoid this one if you didn't have a good day...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4668 - 04/11/14 at 00:39:33

CD #2 of this 1963 Concert...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4669 - 04/11/14 at 01:56:07

I haven't listened to any Pepper for a while.  CD # 1 of this...

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4670 - 04/11/14 at 02:28:12

Oh yeah, Art Pepper on Vinyl (for me)....I have the Classic Art Meets the Rhythm Section...I will spin later.

Speaking of Ronnie Scotts.......Zachery Breaux....
http://www.amazon.com/Groovin-Zachary-Breaux/dp/B000006MCE/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_2

I miss ZACH.....very much.

I am listening to Uptown Grove right now... .
http://www.amazon.com/Uptown-Groove-Zachary-Breaux/dp/B0000048H4/ref=ntt_mus_ep_...

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4671 - 04/11/14 at 03:01:46

Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4672 - 04/11/14 at 03:02:21

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4673 - 04/11/14 at 04:39:20

So, Milla Jovavich, model and actress who you may know from:

Also is a musician and singer.

So this is what I'm playing now -

And what's queued up before I got to bed.

Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4674 - 04/11/14 at 05:27:08

Ok, I only got 3 songs into that second album and had to stop...it was bad. I swear I have one of her albums somewhere that I don't see listed online, and it rocks - I'll have to find it.

Switched to this - kinda bubble-gum-ish, but not bad.

Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4675 - 04/11/14 at 12:09:41

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4676 - 04/12/14 at 14:23:00

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4677 - 04/12/14 at 15:44:53

Trying something new - it's got that spacy indie rock sound I've been enjoying lately and is somehow related to ALT-J, one of my current favorite bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UflF-nJMgk4

mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4678 - 04/12/14 at 18:56:06

I was out doing errands and decided to stop at the "Good Will" to buy some small stuffed toys for my parents two little dogs, while there I picked this and two other CDs up for 2 bucks a piece. This was a little dirty but after cleaning with glass cleaner, it plays perfectly...Love Van the Man.  Mark.

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4679 - 04/12/14 at 19:50:44

I had a ZMA total SH$T grin moment while listening to Track 1 on this album.  It sounded so good I actually started laughing out loud...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4680 - 04/12/14 at 20:15:37

This now...strange...sorta like a sonic David Lynch Movie...This was another $2 Good Will buy...

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #4681 - 04/12/14 at 20:19:08

ZP3 and CSP2+, new beeswax caps, are back in the system and breaking in .First couple of hours and theres already more delicacy.

Liking the London Grammar LR

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4682 - 04/12/14 at 20:42:24

I have the Oppo hooked up to my bigscreen and Mystery amp, and have been playing these guys in HD this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCORIeT1hk6tYBuntEXsguLg

Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #4683 - 04/12/14 at 20:42:24

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4684 - 04/13/14 at 13:24:04

Waking up with Hank Jones...

This is the disc from my first CD Japan order that I have spun the most.  I really love Hank's playing and the piano just sounds wonderful...it draws you in.  

Happy Sunday!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4685 - 04/13/14 at 15:35:02

I sold this for about 10X what I paid for it - so I'm giving it one more listen before I send it out to the collector who bought it. I've honestly never heard it sound so good - even at low levels I'm hearing really minor details I've never caught before! Fantastic!

Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4686 - 04/13/14 at 16:31:49

Total gear change...soundtrack to one of the greatest movies of all time...

Cheers!  -d

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4687 - 04/13/14 at 16:38:46

This now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4688 - 04/13/14 at 17:39:51

now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4689 - 04/14/14 at 20:38:13

These two...the second is finishing up...

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #4690 - 04/15/14 at 02:59:24

I'm loving this album quite a bit ... one of their best IMO.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4691 - 04/15/14 at 15:53:06

Starting my way through this Jascha Heifetz box set, listening along with my Dad. (I listened to about half of it previously before I moved to Ohio and lost most of my own listening time). The early material is really well-mastered here. Very enjoyable, involving sound.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4692 - 04/16/14 at 02:48:01

now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4693 - 04/16/14 at 18:11:47

I'm  listening to the above CD again but have decided I'm going to return it. It was one of 13 items I bought from a seller.  It was represented as being the EMI/ Roulette release when in fact it is a gray market  copy from a Barcelona, Spain company called "Essential Jazz Classics".  I must admit the sound quality seems good and I'm tempted to keep it.  Does anyone have any experience with this company?  I really don't like buying gray market product because the owners of the rights are paid nothing.  I have done it occasionally for recordings not otherwise available.  For example, the below CD from "Solar Records" that I bought from HPB&Rs, of a Newport Jazz Festival recording of Gerry Mulligan's Concert Jazz Band. Mark.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4694 - 04/16/14 at 18:16:44

Earlier today I listened to this CD...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4695 - 04/16/14 at 20:53:23

This was purchased along with some tubes from Mike B. from Seattle.  Sounds fantastic.  

Mike, the package arrived yesterday intact. I haven't unwrapped the tubes yet.  Thanks,  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4696 - 04/16/14 at 21:38:05

The SHM-CD

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4697 - 04/17/14 at 00:16:43

I just bought this as a POP Market Daily Deal...The double vinyl plus Blue ray DVD for $33, if anyone is intrested,  I'll give the link below.  I'm listening to it on Spotify via my Taboo and Audeze Cans...sounds nice.  Mark.
http://www.popmarket.com/?cid=nl%3A888685172&utm_medium=email&utm_source=generat...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4698 - 04/17/14 at 01:27:20

now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4699 - 04/17/14 at 02:33:01

The last one...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 512
Send Topic Print