Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 512
Send Topic Print
What's spinning? (Read 1825929 times)
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #5200 - 06/02/14 at 18:55:20

Muted the TV in the den and now spinning this XRCD...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5201 - 06/02/14 at 19:13:41

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5202 - 06/02/14 at 19:20:19

OK Lon,  is that one of your super duper Japanese Cds?

This "Kelly Blue" XRCD is fantastic...except for two tracks it is essentially the Miles Davis rhythm section of the time playing as a trio...very nice.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5203 - 06/02/14 at 19:28:00

This is the Moblle Fidelity SACD from a few years ago. Sound great.

Up next, the Culture Factory reissue.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5204 - 06/02/14 at 20:00:13

This CD next...it has both Jazz Samba and Jazz samba Encore! on one cd...

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #5205 - 06/02/14 at 20:18:34

"After the Rain" Muddy

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Reply #5206 - 06/02/14 at 20:57:23

My pocket book is say OUCH! I needed to step up in cartridges for my VPI traveler and because the ZP3 deserves it. Music Direct just got me for a
Dynavector 20X2-H. Should be in later this week.

Kevin Shocked

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5207 - 06/02/14 at 21:43:17

XRCD Now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5208 - 06/03/14 at 02:52:21

Back to vinyl for a while...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5209 - 06/03/14 at 03:13:26

next...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5210 - 06/03/14 at 03:57:29

200 gm Analogue  Productions reissue...stunning...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5211 - 06/03/14 at 04:57:49

Back to this one. The SACD really bringsout the groove, the way that Tony's cymbals sound is awesome and the way Ron is recorded and the way he interacts with Tony just is quicker and juicier. Herbie's jabs and sweeps are resonant. Horns sound great too, but the rhythm section is what I'm drawn to,

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5212 - 06/03/14 at 13:23:51

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5213 - 06/03/14 at 13:42:17

Lon,  I got my order from Germany with the RCA "Living Stereo" Box Vol. 1.  I have it stacked on top of Vol. 2 on top of one of my speakers.  120 albums worth of Classical works.  Might take me a while to get through it all...maybe years with as little as I listen to Classical.  I've listened to maybe five of Vol. 2 and all have been great.

On a side note, have you noticed the site acting strange the past two or three days? I won't list all the instances I've noticed but I have read a few posts that others also have noticed.

No listening until later.  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5214 - 06/03/14 at 13:51:40

Hi Mark, no I haven't noticed any oddness on the site but confess I haven't been online as much this last week, with lots of things going on here at my parents, and also spending whatever time I can with Lucinda, my new special pal.

Glad you like those box sets. I'm not going for either as I have a lot of the material on SACD and cd already. Sigh. Paid a lot compared to the prices in the box set!

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5215 - 06/03/14 at 17:34:08

Playing this CD again...it was still in the CDP...very nice...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5216 - 06/03/14 at 17:49:51

Well,  this is actually the CD that was still in the player...also very nice.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5217 - 06/03/14 at 19:00:41

CD #6 from Vol. 1 of the "Living Stereo" Box (60cds)...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5218 - 06/03/14 at 20:28:19

Now...XRCD...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5219 - 06/04/14 at 01:21:54

Spinning Vinyl...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5220 - 06/04/14 at 01:36:42

This 2 LP set...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5221 - 06/04/14 at 02:21:45

this LP now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5222 - 06/04/14 at 03:14:27

now...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5223 - 06/04/14 at 03:35:31

Now...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5224 - 06/04/14 at 12:28:46

New remaster. They did a stellar job.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5225 - 06/04/14 at 13:11:08

Lon,  I'm thinking of getting the three Zep reissues on vinyl.  Did you get any on vinyl?  Did you get all three?  I have the Box set from the 90's which has disappointing sound quality with my gear.  Are these better without the distortion and compression? Any info you can give me would help me pull the trigger.  Mark

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5226 - 06/04/14 at 13:13:43

I only got the two cd sets of these, not going to get any of the vinyl myself. Word on the street is that most feel satisfied with the vinyl.

I have my original vinyl copies, and I have the box set from 2009 or so that uses the George Marino remasters that I think are the same you have. These cds sound clearly better to me, lively, crankable, nice tight bass foundation, not at all harsh or thin.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5227 - 06/04/14 at 13:55:59

Lon,  I went to Pop Market wanting to buy the single LP editions.  Unfortunately I waited too long...the sale began yesterday and the single LP editions for $63 for the three was sold out.  So I stepped it up and bought the Deluxe versions for a total of $109.  The sale on Pop market ends soon.  I will pick up the CD deluxe versions later , most likely.  The CD set wasn't offered on it's own...only with the super deluxe sets.  The pop market sale ends in a few hours. Rambling On, Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5228 - 06/04/14 at 14:02:28

Cool, I'm sure you'll like the sound. I'm not that interested in the vinyl as the copies I bought years and years ago of these three are in good shape. I might go for copies of Houses of the Holy and Physical Grafiti on vinyl when they come along as my lps of those are problematic.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5229 - 06/04/14 at 14:13:36

Lon,  I'm thinking I'll pick up Zep IV on Vinyl, then wait for the inevitable single CD box set that will eventually come.  I'm not all that interested in the extras and Live material...just a good sounding set of the original studio work. That's the plan!  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5230 - 06/04/14 at 15:02:24

Makes sense. The two cd sets are so cheap that I'll get those through Physical Grafiti. Don't really like the albums that much after that. . .so I can stop there. The extra stuff isn't essential, but it's not that pricey.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5231 - 06/04/14 at 18:12:00

Lon,  Pop Market is making a fortune off me.  I just ordered this Vinyl bundle of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon",  "Wish You Were Here" and "The Wall".

Also, I just hooked up the SE84ZSM Mono Blocks I bought from Mike.  Very Nice indeed paired with the Zu Audio "Souls".  Next will be the Omega Alinco 7 XRS speakers...I think they'll make beautiful Music together!  Mark.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5232 - 06/04/14 at 18:31:25

You know, I don't understand the whole Watts versus volume thing.  With my 4.6 wpc Taboo MK III, I often had the volume knob all the way up to get an adequate listening level.  With this pair of Mono Blocks originally rated, before Mods, at 2.3 wpc,  I get to the same level with between 10 and 12 clicks on the 20 step attenuators.  Can someone explain this to me?  In the meantime,  I'm loving what I'm hearing... Mark.

this now...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5233 - 06/04/14 at 18:39:22

Glad you got those Monoblocks up and running!  Bet they'll sound really good and work with each of your speaker sets.

No Pink Floyd for me, heard way too much of that in the 'seventies and 'eighties and don't need to hear them again.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5234 - 06/04/14 at 19:29:38

OK,  I've lugged the Omega Alinco 7 XRS speakers into the Den.  They require more clicks on the attenuators at 93 to 95 db vs the Zu "Souls" at 99 db but there is plenty in reserve.  More than enough volume for me. No CSP2+ preamp will be required. I need another set of speaker cables with Bananas so I can switch between speakers easily in the Den...off to ebay!  Mark.

Now...Just gorgeous...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5235 - 06/04/14 at 20:15:43

I'm playing this CD now.  These Monos definitely out perform the Taboo MK III with speakers.  It's now in the Listening Cave and will be connected to the CSP3 and used just for headphones.

This is a repeat CD to see how much better the Monos sound vs the Taboo...no contest...

IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Reply #5236 - 06/05/14 at 00:09:03

Yeah, my new Dynavector 20X2-H cartridge has just arrived! Along with two new albums 75 Blue Note: The Horace Silver Qunitet "Song for my Father" and the new Rodrigo y Gabriela "9 Dead Alive".

Kevin   Smiley Roll Eyes

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5237 - 06/05/14 at 02:25:07

Back spinning vinyl...analogue Productions 180 gm reissue,,,

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5238 - 06/05/14 at 03:00:34

Next LP...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5239 - 06/05/14 at 04:14:24

This LP is about over then off to bed...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5240 - 06/05/14 at 13:47:17

These beautiful Mono Blocks were speaking to me this morning.  I don't usually start the Music this early but maybe just an hour they pleaded.  So, what the hell...I have Ella singing to me through the Omega Alinco 7 XRS speakers.  Heaven.  I have to shut it all down at 8:15 CST though.  

Lon,  I'm sending you an email.  I need your counsel again.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5241 - 06/05/14 at 13:52:04

Okay, I'll look for it.

Right now this is spinning. Dad loves this stuff.

IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #5242 - 06/05/14 at 14:57:53

Steppenwolf - Monster.  Monarch pressed WLP

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #5243 - 06/05/14 at 18:32:50

"Little Creatures"

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5244 - 06/05/14 at 19:15:12

Back listening to CDs in the den with the Monos and Omegas...this CD is stunning...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5245 - 06/05/14 at 19:30:59

this XRCD24 now...

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #5246 - 06/05/14 at 19:43:04

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #5247 - 06/05/14 at 20:18:23

33 1/3

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5248 - 06/05/14 at 20:27:19

Next CD...

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #5249 - 06/05/14 at 20:29:13

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 512
Send Topic Print