Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/20/24 at 20:31:10 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
91dB speakers on tube amps? (Read 3752 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

91dB speakers on tube amps?
10/22/09 at 02:08:19

Quote:
Hi,
I have Spendor FL 10 speakers, 91db, and have been using a ss amp, sonosax fd a100, for many years. I am intrigued and looking at getting a warmer sound and looking into amps. I like to listen to rock and jazz. What type of amp would you recommend? I have read the info on your website and it seems interesting. Like most higher end amps you use point to point wiring. What, in your opinion makes your product so good.
Thanks
Christian

Depending on room size and how loud you like to listen you might get by with 5 or 6 watts from our lineup, but most likely even if you could get by fine with the lower power, the 25 watt TORII would sound more effortless.  Tube watts and solid state watts are apples and oranges.  I have used the Sonosax amps in our studio from time to time, I think they put around 50 watts into a 8 ohm load.  The 25 watt Torii by comparison has well over twice or three times the usable power and offers stratospherically higher fidelity, but then in fairness it also costs more.

My opinion about what makes our products so good can be found here: https://www.decware.com/newsite/paper140.htm
And there are a hundred more articles in the articles section of the web site that I’ve written so that if a guy wants to take the time to find out if we’re on the same page or not, he can.

Feel free to call me any time if you’d like to chat.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print