Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 21:43:08 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Art Pepper/Winter Moon, Nina Simone sings Blues-LP (Read 4766 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Art Pepper/Winter Moon, Nina Simone sings Blues-LP
01/24/14 at 17:54:39

I'm selling two nice duplicate LPs from my collection.

Nina Simone Sings the Blues.  First released by RCA in 1967, this is the second stereo pressing, with 3S/3S stampers. Probably pressed in 1972. Vinyl has maybe half a dozen plays on it, a strong VG++.  Jacket is VG++, with wear along the top spine. Front and back of jacket are very clean.  Nice picture/closeup of Nina's eyes on the front.  Original pressings of this LP are getting tough to find.  If you like Nina, this is a must have.  $16.00 plus $4.00 Media Mail shipping.

Art Pepper/Winter Moon.  A real sleeper LP, rated four stars by the Penguin Guide to Jazz.  I have two other copies I'm keeping.  Galaxy Records, pressed in 1981. Mastered by the very skilled George Horn. This is Art Pepper with quintet, backed by a string section. Beautiful music with some superb solo's by Art. Vinyl is a strong VG++, with no more than a couple of plays. Jacket has a bit of wear with a small, difficult to see signature on the back.  I'll call it VG+, close to a VG++.  $10.00 plus $4.00 Media Mail shipping.

If you purchase both LPs, I'll ship them for free. Both will be cleaned on my VPI 16.5 using Audio Intelligent #15 with Ultra Pure Water rinse.  New inner and outer poly sleeves included, of course.

Payment by paypal, please.

Thanks for looking!

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: Art Pepper/Winter Moon, Nina Simone sings Blues-LP
Reply #1 - 01/24/14 at 18:33:00

Damn....you just had to keep tempting me!

SOLD...paypal for both is on the way...$26.  You have my info.  If you have any others you think I might want and you need to part with this would be a good time to let me know. Mark

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/24/14 at 18:59:06

Hi Mark,  The LPs are yours!  The Art Pepper LP is not well known (although it's very liked on the Steve Hoffman music forums) and the Nina Simone LP is a pretty good deal.  I see no original pressings on ebay, just reissues.

I don't have any other jazz LP duplicates of note, at this time.

Mike

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/24/14 at 19:06:37

I know that Winter Moon LP very well.  I am an Art Pepper fanatic...especially his comeback period in the mid 70's until his death in the 80's. And I love, love, love Nina.  It's like you knew just how to get me to crack open my wallet...hehe.  I sent you an email.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/25/14 at 02:00:24

Mark,  I'm glad you like those two artists.  Yes, I'm pretty crazy about Nina, too.  I have maybe ten-eleven of her LPs.

I'm in total agreement about Art Pepper, especially the later mid 70's until the end of his run.  I really started getting into him a few months ago.  I have fifteen of his LPs now, and am looking for more. One of my current obsessions.  

Mike

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 02/01/14 at 03:54:46

LPs and tubes sent out Wednesday.  Sorry about that delay.

Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print