Send Topic Print
AD SUGGESTIONS (Read 4236 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

AD SUGGESTIONS
02/22/14 at 00:15:09

I am not sure if this would be the proper place for this opinion, but I am willing to take the chance. For those of you wanting to sell equipment, especially amps/cd-players/speakers; a photo helps us see what we might be interested in, or at least a link to a photo. Secondly, if I don't see a price, I usually lose interest right there. I am that way at a store  ;)too(this is just to say that most sales are knee jerk things, and any obstacle slows that chance). Lastly, I have seen ads(not here actually) that have the line,"If you are looking at this, then you already know what it is"). Really? Now, I am not picking on any recent ad, and this isn't a killer, but I'm hoping that success can be made here in the classifieds. Just my opinion.  ;)

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
KobeeDog

Re: AD SUGGESTIONS
Reply #1 - 02/23/14 at 03:51:45

I agree with you on all points.

I buy and sell a lot on another audio dedicated classifieds website, and I see ads with (a) no photos, or (b) stock photos pulled from the internet or (c) no asking price or "make me an offer".

The make me an offer tells me the seller isn't really a motivated seller and is just fishing for current market value.

I pass all these ads over.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 02/23/14 at 18:06:58

Thanks Dog, for taking the observation as it is intended. I have also been selling audio products for many years, and I look at every ad to see if there is something to learn from it. As I am not so good at posting/linking websites, for example, I have to make up for it with better photos or descriptions,etc. You should look at your ad and ask what the reader is actually getting from it. Just last night, I was looking for a new chuck for my hammer drill. I found plenty, without much of a desription to  work with. Sooo, i pass it up to find something that is presented better, allowing a quicker sale, as there is a sea of product out there anyway.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/23/14 at 20:30:32

Where you post is also important. If you are known here your post here will have credibility. Somebody who is not part of this forum doesn't have the edge that a regular member does. The fees for selling these things on ebay are confiscatory. That is out. Audiogon has a wider audience than this place but a lot of tire kickers are there.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
KobeeDog

Reply #4 - 02/23/14 at 20:35:24

I gave up on ebay a long time ago.

I was selling a pre-amp last summer (that sold), and when it was time to ship the item I tested it one last time and found it was not working. I contacted the buyer and told him it was non-functional, refunded his money, and the moron left me negative feedback.

That was pretty much my last experience with ebay. I buy/sell on Agon sometimes, but I also sell mostly on Canuck Audio Mart, since it's free. But you also have to deal with the surfeit of tire-kickers and extreme lowballers there too.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 02/23/14 at 20:43:54

Wow, so it's not just me.  Heh, heh, yah Fleabay is the scourge of selling/buying! People sometimes don't read the ads well either, but you know, I think we don't have time to list all of the strange/negative experiences on the Bay. Man, there is sooo much money given to a lot of these sites, it makes me cringe.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print