Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 19:34:37 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii Mk IV, like new and up for sale (Read 16378 times)
jgrillo
Verified Member

Torii Mk IV, like new and up for sale
03/15/14 at 22:43:45

Hello everyone! I have a like-new Torii Mk IV for sale. Due to work-related reasons and a move coming up I am looking to sell this unit to someone who will actually be able to use it!

This Mk IV was one of the first off the bench, with an October date of manufacture. It is standard, in that it comes with the black figured base (which can be switched), is wired for 110/120v, has the standard smooth action volume control, cryo treated beeswax caps, and 4-8 ohm speakers terminals.

However, it is custom in that it took one of the two separate switches in the front for bass control (the IV has one for each speaker/channel) and sums them together into one switch for both. The other front switch functions as mono/stereo switch which is very convenient for summing mono recordings. This also came with the KT66 upgrade, which pushed my 91 db sensitivity KEFs to much more than adequate listening levels.

This has maybe 100-150 hours on it, so it has some exciting break in yet to come. The front knob is the walnut, which could be changed I am sure if that is off-putting to some potential buyers.

I will be sending this back through Steve and Co. upon purchase, so that they can give it a once over, re-test it, and transfer ownership and the lifetime warranty to whoever the lucky buyer might be. Decware insists on a totally new tube compliment for the amp which adds a cost of $408 with KT66 or $312 for the EL34 and another $350 for the transfer of the warranty of the amp. I would be willing to also sell my original tube compliment, or parts of it, at fair prices.

Decware's policy as quoted above can be found here: https://www.decware.com/newsite/service.html

This will also ship in the Pelican case which is $299 upgrade that it seems they are including in the price of the new Torii at this point because it is such a heavy amp.

The Torii is a $3600 amplifier with the mono switch, and Pelican case brings it to a $3900 purchase. It also comes with a 8-12 week wait. I am willing to pay for the testing and warranty transfer, for the new tube compliment; everything except the shipping to your door from Steve in Illinois.  

My price: $3200 (w/KT66), $3100 w/EL34

PM with any questions or interest!

GetAttachment.jpg
  IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Re: Torii Mk IV, like new and up for sale
Reply #1 - 05/10/14 at 16:49:14

Hi again everyone,

After some interest in the amp and discussions with members of the forum, I am changing my asking price including new tubes/warranty exchange to $3100 for the KT-66 upgrade or an even $3000 for the El-34 option.

I also will be offering this for $2500 without sending it back to Decware, so that you can get a tube replacement set or change the warranty as you see fit.

Thanks for looking and PM with any questions!

IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/22/14 at 16:45:15

A nice Summer's Sunday bump for all the tube lovers out there...thinking about another discount down to $3000 w KT-66's and $2900 w the EL-34's.

Please read above, this will be sent back to Steve, tested, given a new tube compliment and sent to you with transferred lifetime warranty! I cover costs except shipping to you from Decware. This is close to a $4000 package with limited wait time compared to ordering new. With  mono switch upgrade for the Beatles Mono Vinyl Box crowd...

PM with any interest!

IP Logged
zen101
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/04/14 at 09:35:06

You should try audiogon too.

IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/18/14 at 15:33:24

Hi again everyone, I wanted to bump this up and add that this amplifier has now been sent to Decware, been inspected and tested with a new set of tubes, and is ready to ship ASAP for anyone interested! Please read above and PM with questions or interest!

Another note, this will also be going up on Audiogon beginning after the Labor Day holiday weekend.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #5 - 08/18/14 at 18:19:46

I have a friend I'm trying to bring into the Decware family, but the MK IV would be a big scary step for him as he's just now starting down the audiophile path. So I'm trying not to rush him into anything, but this would be a great amp for him.

Please E-mail me before you post it up on the Gon - LonelyRaven@hotmail.com

I'm trying to get him to bring his B&W speakers over to my place for some time on the ZMA - if that works out, he'll be seriously considering a Decware amp soon after.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
rjl
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 09/11/14 at 02:09:02

Is this still available?

IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 09/21/14 at 21:49:02

For those interested, this is still available. I have been dragging my feet with getting it on Audiogon, and wanted to also add that if anyone is looking to go to Decware/Zenfest in a few weeks, the amp is there, ready to go, so you could leave with a nice new toy!

-James

IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 09/29/14 at 00:17:41

As an added bonus, I will include my original set of factory furnished tubes (w the KT66 compliment) for free with the purchase of this amp. They have 150 hrs max...that's got to sweeten the deal!

-James

IP Logged
Dan G.
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 11/05/14 at 14:52:43

Good morning. I'm new to the forum and hope I'm doing this correctly.
Was wondering if the Torii was still for sale?
Thanks for your time, Smiley
Dan

Torii MKIV,conrad-johnson PV-8 pre, VonSchweikert VR35s, SystemDek TTw/Ortifon 2MBlack, Cambridge 840-C CD, Denon 2910 SAC, V-H DIY inters/spkr cables, Pangea AC-14 pwr cords, Emotiva CMX-2 pwr condnr+iso tnx
  IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 11/05/14 at 15:57:21

Hi Dan, thanks for the interest. PM sent!

IP Logged
Dan G.
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 11/09/14 at 15:28:06

Hello James,
It seems as if I can't send you a personal e-mail. I guess I need 5 or more coms before I'm allowed to do this. If you would like to send me your address, then maybe we can communicate without the whole world looking on.
Thanks,
Dan

Torii MKIV,conrad-johnson PV-8 pre, VonSchweikert VR35s, SystemDek TTw/Ortifon 2MBlack, Cambridge 840-C CD, Denon 2910 SAC, V-H DIY inters/spkr cables, Pangea AC-14 pwr cords, Emotiva CMX-2 pwr condnr+iso tnx
  IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 11/09/14 at 17:29:02

Hi Dan, if my email function doesn't work, check your Personal Messages, I sent you a PM a few days ago. Or email me at james_grillo@hotmail.com.

Look forward to hearing from you!

-James

IP Logged
Dan G.
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 11/17/14 at 16:20:29

James thanks for the wonderful transaction. Looking forward to the amp.
Dan Smiley

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 11/20/14 at 04:31:26

Dan,

You are in for a real treat! Have fun.

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>LaoChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Dan G.
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 12/04/14 at 19:50:48

Thanks Will. I'll let you know how it works with my setup. It is a Christmas present, so will not be able to play with it until then. I did hook it up just to make sure everything was ok from shipping. May want to pick your brain on rolling tubes after I start using it.
Cheers,
Dan

IP Logged
Dan G.
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 12/05/14 at 14:39:30

Thanks Will,
I received the amp and hooked it up only long enough to make sure everything worked post shipping, as it is a Christmas present and my wife insisted I not play with it until then.  :(  Would like to pick your brain on rolling some tubes after I put some hrs. on it.
Cheers,
Dan

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print