Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 19:28:44 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: PS AUDIO Prelude 2Meter (Read 7771 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: PS AUDIO Prelude 2Meter
03/18/14 at 20:53:23

I'm considering a PS Audio cord between my Power Plant and ZMA - ping me if you decide to sell something a little higher up the food chain that would fit the bill.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #1 - 03/18/14 at 20:57:48

I got this orange cord that is nice Grin

Actually, if I were a rich man, I would buy a 3 meter litz cord from BPT power.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #2 - 03/18/14 at 22:24:15

I'm curious... have you heard the BPT litz cord with Oyaide connectors on it compared to say the new perfectwave PS cords, like an AC-5, 10 or 12?

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 03/19/14 at 00:46:29

It has been some time since I have purchased power cords, so I cannot say what the difference, if any, is between those two cords.
   I do know that this iteration of  power cord from PS Audio is one of my favorites, mostly because of the superior shielding technique used.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #4 - 03/19/14 at 16:17:28

I have not found "revolutionary" improvements with high-end power cords.  Subtle differences - yes, and I perceive them to be improvements in my rig.  I think it depends more on the components internal power supplies and other factors, like how much garbage is on the power lines in your house, noise on the circuit, RFI and EMI, etc.  However, I have been a fan of PS cords for quite sometime, simply because of their robust construction and the prongs and contacts of the ends.  Nobody, and I mean "nobody" that I have ever found makes milled from solid billet prongs, welds the wire to the contacts inside the plug and then vacuum molds/seals/encases it.  I don't care if you're buying Oyaide, Furman, Marinco, Wattgate.. pick your favorite boutique brand... they all used stamped brass contacts, maybe gold, silver, rhodium, whatever plated, but stamped brass(99% of the time) to start with, and they have holes in the positive & negative contacts!  What is that all about?  I'm sure there is some reason that the plug contacts have holes in them - but I've never seen the purpose of the holes explained.  And then the wire is attached to them with a screw..... and of course they are not sealed.  The PS contacts are solid metal, not stamped, thicker than any others I've ever seen and therefore produce a very tight connection with your wall outlet.  
I've also had some of my PS cords for going on 9 years now.. and I've never seen the contacts show any visible sign of tarnishing, corrosion or oxidation.  This is a good enough reason for me to use them.

Pangea just came out with a new version of their AC-14 called the "XL" model that is using solid copper blades.  This is the first brand of power cord I've seen other than PS Audio to use solid contacts.  I would expect them to expand this construction to their other models shortly as well.  Might be worth checking out - price is definitely "reasonable" compared to other boutique power cords.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/19/14 at 16:36:51

I agree, their connectors are unparalleled. And I love their cables with PCOCC--I wish I didn't because that stuff and they are so expensive, but they are clearly better to my ears and I tried all the AC- cables. . . fell in love with the AC-12 . . .and feel I'm set for decades.

I hear more than subtle differences wtih power cords especially after the Power Plant Premier became the heartbeat of my system. They're the finishing touches, along with interconnects.

I too have PS Audio cables that are 9 or more years old and they still sound wonderful and show no sign of deterioration, tarnishing, etc.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #6 - 03/19/14 at 18:14:21

I started with a PP Premier, but upgraded to the Perfect Wave P5 shortly after they came out.  The positive effect of this device is undeniable.  The power cords contribute too.. but the regenerator was nothing short of astonishing.  Ditto on the expense of the PS power cables.  I mean, after all, it's just wire and insulation for crying out loud!!!  
I have bought most of mine used due to their normal greater than 50% depreciation.  I have attained the majority of my PS power cables at .25/.30 cents on the dollar.  I only go so far up the food chain in the Perfect Wave series.  I know I have two AC-5’s and I may have one short AC-10(not sure without checking), but I know I do not have an AC-12(despite you’re posts that this is “the one” to have!).  I have one older Statement model and quite a selection of the models in between.  I have never taken the time to see if I could detect differences between them.  I just put the newest models on the most critical components and spread the others around without much thought given to "where" or which component I use them with.  I do know if I take them out of my system and go back to manufacturer supplied pwr cords… things turn to mud sonically speaking.  
I also know that my system reveals details and subtleties that I very, very rarely hear revealed in any other system - bar none to include systems at dealers, RMAF and at zenfest..  I think it is a pretty safe assumption to conclude that the PS regenerator and pwr cords are a significant contributing factor.  I’m also a fan of Goertz(Alpha-Core) IC’s and speaker wire – copper and silver foils.  Been a convert since I first tried some over 10 years ago.  Haven’t heard anything since that has motivated me to change.  If you have never tried any of their wire, you should give it a listen sometime and see what you think.  It goes for pretty reasonable prices used.  And the copper versions are not expensive even purchased new direct from Alpha-Core.

sorry 4krow for kind of hijacking your thread... but maybe us raving about the PS cords and getting your ad "bumped" will get you a buyer faster!!!

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #7 - 03/19/14 at 18:22:58

Actually, I could read about this all day long, except when it crosses the 'stupid' line. That is a line drawn at different for each of us. I am pretty much in agreement with your practices. I only go so far up the ladder, won't pay retail, and don't put all of my faith in copper alone. Having said that, it makes decent sense to use a higher than usual grade of product to start with. For the many years that worked for the Bell System, connections were always of paramount importance. The path of cables were also considered.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 03/19/14 at 18:27:35

I've gotten most of my AC-12 for half price or less as well. It's too hard to pay full pop.

AC-5 are really good. I wish I had not ever bought my first AC-12 because no matter where I put it it was clearly better, letting me hear subtle and not so subtle things and I just had to have more. Thank goodness I don't have to buy any more for my main system!

Anyway, glad I'm not the only one who is hearing these things. The Prelude is a great cord to get started with guys! Think about helping 4 out if you haven't dipped your toes yet.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #9 - 03/19/14 at 19:16:46

Bump for 4krow's thread!

(I might as well be useful! LOL)

I wish I could find a good deal on AC12. I'm just not finding them for sale at reasonable prices.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #10 - 03/29/14 at 03:00:33

Just because, I'm going to say that one of the cables that I ordered(3 meter) came in today. It is a Pangea SE. Ok, ok, I will add that for whatever reason, the new cable bests my home grown orange crush. Even though it is a smaller gauge, it has better bass. go figger. Tomm, the PS Audio cable may be here. It will get interesting, I'm sure. Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print