Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 18:09:41 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Taboo Mk II and CSP2+ For Sale (Read 2458 times)
JimM
Verified Member

Zen Taboo Mk II and CSP2+ For Sale
03/24/14 at 13:38:29

I’ve decided to sell both my Taboo Mk. II amp and CSP2+ pre. I’d prefer to sell both as a package including the Decware Silver Reference meter-long interconnect. Both have white top plates and black figured bases. The Taboo also includes the V-Cap upgrade. Neither the Taboo or CSP2+ have headphone jacks. I’ve owned the Taboo for about 20 months and the CSP2+ for just over a year. I have the original boxes, tubes and documentation. They’re both in outstanding condition.

OK, why the sale? Against friends’ recommendations and other advice I decided to drive my Zu Essences with the Taboo. And for the most part the Decware pair and the Zu’s did a stunning job. But, bottom line, the Zu’s, in spite of their high sensitivity, need more than 6 wpc. Steve suggested as much, but I forged ahead anyway. I listen to mostly acoustic jazz and 85% of the time everything is fine (better than fine, actually). But there are moments when a bit more headroom is called for and the Taboo comes up a bit short.

Make no mistake, the Taboo and CSP2+ are a winning combo with all the clarity, drive and texture anyone could ask for. These are two outstanding examples of audio done right. Regretfully, the Zu’s just ask a bit too much of the Taboo. Hence the sale.

I’m asking $1,700 for the pair, but will consider any reasonable offers for the pair or individual units. Pictures are available on request.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Zen Taboo Mk II and CSP2+ For Sale
Reply #1 - 03/26/14 at 02:53:10

What a wonderful combination. I had just such a setup once. My TABOO with the VCAPS was extremely sweet sounding.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print