Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 20:45:01 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vinyl F/S, Bill Evans, Art Pepper, Joao Gilberto (Read 3375 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Vinyl F/S, Bill Evans, Art Pepper, Joao Gilberto
05/16/14 at 06:59:01

Selling a few high quality duplicate LPs from my ever increasing collection.  And what will I use the money for?  To buy more vinyl.

Art Pepper,  Landscape, on the Galaxy label.  A nice well-mastered recording from 1980.  Jacket is 8-9/10, vinyl only played once or twice.  $12.00 plus shipping.  It will be cleaned/rinsed on my VPI, using Audio Intelligent products.

Amoroso, by Joao Gilberto.  A lush, sensual, LP from 1977.  Conducted and arranged by Claus Ogerman. Somewhat famous as a "makeout " LP.  Side A is ok, but side B (sung in Portuguese) is really nice.  This is the sonically superior US pressing, not the Brazil one.  Cover is 7/10 and vinyl is 8/10 but plays at 9/10.  I cleaned/rinsed this one twice, just to be sure.  $16.00 plus shipping.

Coleman Hawkins encounters Ben Webster.  The Classic Records reissue from ?  Vinyl and jacket are an easy 9/10.  Played once or twice, $16.00 is the price, and well worth it.

Bill Evans, You Must Believe in Spring.  A very nice recording from 1977 on Warner Brothers. Sonics are very good, and they should be, as it was mastered by the famous Doug Sax of The Mastering Lab.  It sounds great.  Cover is 8/10 and the vinyl is 8/10.  I'll clean/rinse it on my VPI, of course.  $15 plus shipping.

Payment by PayPal, please. $4.00 for Media Mail shipping for one or all of the LPs.   And yes, I know how to pack LPs very well.

Thanks for looking!
Mike

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: Vinyl F/S, Bill Evans, Art Pepper, Joao Gilberto
Reply #1 - 05/16/14 at 12:17:45

Mike,  sent an email about everything except the Bill Evans that I already have.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/16/14 at 14:44:16

Mark,  I'm holding the first three LPs for you. They are yours.

The Bill Evans LP is still for sale, $15 plus $4.00 shipping.

Mike

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/16/14 at 15:13:40

Mike,  pay pal payment on the way.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/16/14 at 15:36:34

Mark,  Thanks for the fast pay!  The three LPs will go out Monday.

Take care,
Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print