Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 20:38:47 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RCA 6BQ7A Tubes - SOLD (Read 5914 times)
JeffS
Verified Member

RCA 6BQ7A Tubes - SOLD
05/19/14 at 20:14:08

I have two 6BQ7A tubes which I purchased from Riveriaranch early in 2013 for the Torii I had.  These can be used as an alternate to the 6N1P or 6922.  This is a really nice pair that I put about 100 hours on - I alternated between these, a pair of 6N1P's and 6922's.

$12 shipped.

You can see my Audiogon feedback under jeff_ss

IMG_0871.JPG

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: RCA 6BQ7A Tubes
Reply #1 - 05/19/14 at 20:17:12

You need to give us more info...Brand, Manufacture date, place of manufacture, etc.  Mark.

PS...I just realized you tell us that they are RCAs and looking at the old classified they would appear to be 1950's vintage. Does anyone use these in the Taboo or CSP3? What do they sound like? Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
JeffS
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/19/14 at 21:20:43

Brand: RCA
Date of mfg: unknown
Place of mfg: unknown
Angry

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/20/14 at 00:10:28

Mark,

6BQ7As ...each make and vintage varies within their general sound. I have tried a number of them in my CSP3 with the stock caps and preferred them over 6N1P. They are generally more refined in delicate micro information. Some are more clear (like BVA Brimar), and some are pretty warm (like the early 50s RCAs I have). My DAC brings out a lot of micro detail, and I found all of the 6BQ7As I tried do notably better with this information than the workhorse 6N1P, while still having a pretty refined presentation across the spectrum. If you have tried 7DJ8/PCC88 the tendency toward micro detail seems similar.

With the Jupiters in my CSP3, so far tube choices are more difficult, those caps are so revealing and specific in their own sound. I don't really have a handle on them yet, but at one point in burnin, the Brimar 6QB7A I liked a lot with the old caps was a little too detailed and bright for me, but now it sounds quite real with an Amperex E188CC in front.

No way to tell without hearing this actual tube, but if you are looking for more micro information...inner detail, ambient info, and textures, the 6BQ7As I have heard will do this better than a 6N1P.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>LaoChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
miller88

Re: RCA 6BQ7A Tubes
Reply #4 - 05/29/14 at 19:07:33

Do you only have one pair if these?

Monoblocked SE34i
CSP2+
ZP3
HDT MKII
Grover IC's and wires
  IP Logged
JeffS
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 05/29/14 at 19:58:09

Yes, just one pair.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 05/29/14 at 20:36:46

These are sold and the check's in the mail.  Jeff, I sent you another PM.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print