Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 17:53:52 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS-SE84ZSM Monoblocks with CKC mod, Jupiter Caps (Read 3377 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

FS-SE84ZSM Monoblocks with CKC mod, Jupiter Caps
05/20/14 at 03:37:00

I'm downsizing to one system and using the funds to purchase a better turntable, so I am selling my factory modded ZSM Monoblocks.

I'm asking $1700 for them, which includes shipping in the lower 48 states, tubes, two Furutech fuses, and four Herbie's HAL-O III tube dampeners.

When I purchased the monoblocks from Decware in 2008, they came with the walnut base, ZCaps, and extra input jacks so you can use a preamp if desired.

In 2011, I sent them back to Decware to add a stepped attenuator ($100 cost) and the now standard CCE modification.

In 2013 I had Decware do the new CKC mod, add Jupiter Beeswax caps, and upgraded plate resistors. This work made a big sonic improvement over the VCaps they originally came with.  The monoblocks now  sound more "gutsy", with greater detail, yet natural/organic.  Cost of this upgrade was $500.

With the two amps, I will include two Furutech TF series audiophile fuses ($100 value) and a nice complement of tubes.  1940's military KenRad 5U4G's, 1950's RCA OA3's, a NOS pair of strong, tightly matched Russian military 6P15PEV's, and a new pair of 6N1P input tubes. I like to use  NOS early 1960's USN Amperex 7308s as input tubes, but they are going for over $300 a pair now.

I'll also include four Herbie's HAL-O III titanium tube dampeners, two for the OA3's, and two for the 5U4G's. New cost for the four titanium dampers is close to $200.

I will pack each amp in it's own box and the tubes in a third box.  The amps will ship by FedEx, and the tubes by Priority Mail.  I'll pay for shipping in the lower 48 states.

Please contact me with any questions you may have.

I was unable to post pictures in this ad, but I also posted it on Audiogon, so you will find  several pictures there.  I will respond to questions, but there is no slower website on my computer than the Decware site.  3-4 minutes minimum to do anything on this site, it's been that way for several months.  As a comparison, the Steve Hoffman Audio forums are very, very, fast.

Thanks for looking!

PS  These are killer amps (what a amazing mid range!) and I'll miss them, but I still own a well seasoned Torii Mark III/IV conversion with both VCaps and Jupiters, and a Jupiter capped ZP3, so I'm still strongly in the world of Decware.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: FS-SE84ZSM Monoblocks with CKC mod, Jupiter Caps
Reply #1 - 05/20/14 at 03:43:54

FWIW, I used to own some of the older mono blocks, and will always regret selling them. No doubt, these are step up, and the Jupiter caps, I am familiar with, as they are used in my 34.3I Very good stuff indeed. Also, don't feel bad about the photos. I pretty much lost my patience a couple of times just trying to get more than ONE photo with my ad.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/20/14 at 15:10:49

Mike,  email sent.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/21/14 at 02:08:31

The monoblocks have been SOLD, and paid for.

Thanks!
Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print