07/16/24 at 20:39:54 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Preamp tubes for Sale (Read 3061 times)
ZENCDUSER

Preamp tubes for Sale
05/23/14 at 18:37:19

As a continuation of my fine-tuning process,  I'm selling three pairs of 12... tubes I no longer need in my system.  My source and hybrid integrated amplifier I've settled with use 12AX7 Tubes, and I originally bought a bevy of different 12AX7 tubes.  Since I don't require the gain,  I settled on the 5751 tube and sold the 12AX7s here (Thanks!)  But, during my experimentation phase I acquired other lower gain tubes in the same family, which are for sale now for your rolling pleasure!:

All purchased from Upscale Audio and Platinum matched
-1 matched pair Mullard CV4003 (12AU7) purchased several years ago, 500-1000 hours.  $60.00 with shipping
-1 matched pair Mullard CV4024/12AT7 (cryo'd) purchased about 6 months ago, 200-300 hours. $75.00 including shipping
-1 matched pair CIFTE 12AU7 (cryo) about 3 month ago....less than 200 hours. $75.00 including shipping

Feel free to view the tube reviews on Upscale's site.  I found them to be spot on, particularly those regarding the CIFTE (holographic!!!)
I wish I could keep them all, but found my equipment, to me, sounds best closest to the designed gain.  5751's are the happy spot for me!  I've heard the 12AU7 and CV4024/12AT7 tubes in equipment designed around these lower gain tube, as well as my own equipment, and the richness is stunning!! I venture to say these tubes in a system with silver or silver-plated ICs, power cords, and/or speaker cables will be the business!! The CIFTE is not as rich as the Mullards, but significantly more spacious.
Buy them all and mix and match!! Smiley

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: Preamp tubes for Sale
Reply #1 - 05/23/14 at 19:07:37

ZENCDUSER,  Kevin Deal grades these tubes...Platinum, gold and driver.  Did you buy them from him and if so what grades are your tubes?  Mark.

PS...I see you already told us...I didn't read carefully.  Thanks.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/23/14 at 19:36:36

PM sent

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
ZENCDUSER

Reply #3 - 05/24/14 at 22:30:27

The CIFTE's and the Mullard CV4003 are sold...Thanks Mark!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print