Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 19:45:19 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Otari MX-5050 and Decware MG-944 (custom) Speakers (Read 6251 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Otari MX-5050 and Decware MG-944 (custom) Speakers
07/07/14 at 21:18:28

I'll post more info and photos later, but I'm looking to try a different pair of speakers that work better with my listening preferences, and a perfect pair of speakers were just offered to me! So now I'm selling some gear that I'd much rather keep...but I really want these speakers more! Nothing wrong with this gear, it's all otherwise "keepers".

I have an Otari MX-5050 Reel to Reel deck. It's been cleaned and looked over, and will come with *two* headstacks. One headstack is the original one that has a FULL Track (mono) high definition head, and the standard 2 Track head - the second headstack has the stock Otari 4 track and 2 track playback heads. Both headstacks have been aligned, and can be swapped in and out with just a few allen screws. The deck will also include a $60 cleaning kit I picked up that has the proper rubber conditioner, head cleaner, and the lab grade swabs for maintenance. Lastly, I will also include two master tapes I purchased, and some copies of master tapes I've received from friends. I will also include a box of 4 track tapes (some possible two track) that I picked up at an estate sale, but have not had time to sort through - I've found one or two gems in another box from this estate sale, but this box is untouched/unknown.

Asking $1200 - would like to avoid shipping, but we could probably make it happen. I'm in the Chicagoland suburbs, and have no problem driving a couple hours to deliver.

Decware MG-944 Speakers in Cherry and Black.

These are a special pair. Bob (Zygi here in the forums) who builds these speakers, built this set for himself. They are slightly different than the standard Decware MG-944. On the outside - they have a slanted face and back - plus the black sides look more like the Decware Trapezium speakers. Internally they have an advanced crossover using Mundorf caps that Zygi said he spent six months developing.

Sound wise they are very accurate, even, and have bass that belies their thin stature.

There are a couple small dings in the black edges thanks to a lumbering 110# dog, and I'm pricing the speakers appropriately. Besides the dings in the black, the drivers, cherry, and everything else are in perfect condition. I'm asking $1000 for the speakers, and as with the reel to reel, I'd be happy to deliver within a couple hours of Chicagoland. Shipping...i'm not so sure about, but it's possible.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions. As I said, I'll have more photos (taken with my Nikon) up in a day or two. I just wanted to get this posted up for people to see.

Thank you for considering.  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: Otari MX-5050 and Decware MG-944 (custom) Speakers
Reply #1 - 07/07/14 at 23:23:43

Do the speakers have separate high/low inputs?

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 07/07/14 at 23:25:37

Lin, no, sorry they do not.

Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 07/09/14 at 20:03:18

MG-944 are tentatively SOLD.

Otari MX-5050 BII deck and all it's accouterments are still available and heading towards Criags List later this week.

bvictor
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 07/13/14 at 03:41:15

LR,
I'm very interested in the Otari. Just left Chicago area Wed. And wish I had seen this earlier.  I visited Steve in Peoria Tues.and heard his Otari with the Mystery amp.  I live in NC and won't be back that way for a while. Are the MX and accessories still available, and are you able to pack and ship them?

Thanks, Brian

DECWARE: SE34I.2, HDTs; CSP2, TABOO, Zen Styx, RL 1.5s; Mystery Amp, ZDAC-1, Klipsch KLF-30s; Bridged Raches with Klipsch Forte IIs and Monoliths
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #5 - 07/13/14 at 05:43:30

I'm sure I can figure out a way to pack and ship everything.

E-mail me and we'll discuss it.

LonelyRaven@hotmail.com

Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 07/13/14 at 13:57:46

Otari sold pending funds to a new member of the Mystery Amp family!

ddeis
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 07/22/14 at 05:49:25

Are the MG-944's officially sold? If not let me know. Thanks!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #8 - 07/23/14 at 05:05:35

Sorry DD - long story short, they are back in my listening room, and aren't leaving till I find something better. I'm listening now - and I really, really like them.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print