Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 17:57:11 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pair of SE84C+ & Blumenstein Orcas, Subwoofer (Read 4383 times)
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Pair of SE84C+ & Blumenstein Orcas, Subwoofer
08/07/14 at 03:48:25

Hey guys,

I have a pair of SE84C+s in excellent condition that I would like to sell. They were built as a matched pair for a buyer in Sept. of 2011.  I hooked them up as monoblocks, with good results (although I did get more hum that way - I just used jumpers, so I'm wondering if Steve were to wire them internally as monos, maybe they would be silent. Anyway, I don't hear them when the music is playing, but I do in between songs). I now have a Torii MKII.5 that I prefer with my Monoliths. I would like to get $550 apiece or $1000 for the pair, but I'm open to offers. (Not the low-ball variety, though).

Also, I have a set of Blumenstein Audio Orcas + subwoofer + plate amplifier, all in Blumenstein's carmelized/chocolate bamboo. They are really simple, sweet-sounding single-driver speakers. I mostly listened to them near field, but they will fill a room with the right amplification. I am the original owner on these, purchased last summer. When I bought them, Clark Blumenstein demonstrated them out in the room, and then close to the wall. I have to say that I preferred the closer to the wall option, as it really brought out the midrange. It's almost like two different speakers, depending on placement. All pieces are in excellent condition. I paid $1650 for all, and I would like to get $1150, but, again, I am open to reasonable offers.

To put it simply, gents, since I got serious about audio about 6-7 years ago, I've only bought components, and haven't sold anything. Startin' to look like a dang retail store around here. I could point you to my feedback on Audiogon (rdotjones is my user name there), but, again, I've only been a buyer. You can see from the positive comments, though, that I follow thru on my agreements. Let me know if there is any interest. And now I'm going to attempt to upload pictures of the gear for sale.

UPDATE: I'll have to resize the photos, as they are all bigger than the max allowed. Stay tuned.   

P1010048.JPG
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Pair of SE84C+ & Blumenstein Orcas, Subwoofer
Reply #1 - 08/07/14 at 04:38:58

Here are the Blumensteins. I have more pictures, but there's gotta be an easier way - reply if you are interested, and I'll send them to you by e-mail.

P1010038.JPG
  IP Logged
davisoly
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/07/14 at 16:06:42

Hi TubeNube:
I consider your offer of $1000 for the pair of SE84C+ as fair enough. I will consider purchasing them if you will agree to pay shipping back to Steve at Decware for updating their ownership. I think I will also have Steve upgrade them to the CKC state. I would then pay for shipping from Decware.

Thanks for the offer.
davisoly
Lynn Davison

IP Logged
davisoly
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/07/14 at 16:10:10

Hi:
Me again. Please reply to my offer via email.
lynndav@comcast.net

Thanks
Lynn Davison
davisoly

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/08/14 at 03:27:21

Both SE84C+s are sold. All Blumenstein Audio items still for sale.

Thanks,
Randy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print