Send Topic Print
CARVER C9 UPGRADED (Read 2763 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

CARVER C9 UPGRADED
09/01/14 at 01:11:37

I have a few C9 units that I have upgraded. These are for creating the illusion of a 3D soundstage from a single pair speakers. You can find these units on Ebay and other places for about $80-100. Only trouble is, they are 25+ years old and need some new parts. So, that's where I come in and upgrade the entire unit from new, higher quality capacitors to much better RCA jacks. Due to the fact that I have trouble getting photos onto this site, it is just easier for you to go Audiogon and see the 3 units that are for sale there. Truth is, I don't always have this unit in circuit, frankly because the ZOB is has such a great soundstage already. There are certain recordings however that need some help, and are great performances to begin with. In the 4 years that I have been doing this upgrade to C9 units, I have had not one return or complaint. Pretty much worth the look I'd say.

Greg

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print