Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zu Soul Superfly (Read 11312 times)
vraxis
Verified Member

Zu Soul Superfly
09/21/14 at 13:41:30

A pair of Zu Soul Superfly speakers for sale.  Excellent condition with the cosmic carbon finish.  These are not the Mk 1b's, but are easily upgradable (I think $600 net gets new drivers).  Have been  using them with my Torii Mk 4 with great success and now looking to move further up the Zu food chain.
Shipping would not be reasonable, but I am in the Chicago area and will be at decfest (not sure which day yet) this year, if that helps.

$1,200

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Zu Soul Superfly
Reply #1 - 09/21/14 at 16:19:38

I'm so glad these aren't in that blue - I've been wanting a pair of Zu to try out for a long time now, but they have to be blue...and I happen to live by you...

Good luck on the sale! I'm sure they won't last long at that price.  :)

See you at Decfest!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/21/14 at 16:53:48

I don't know LR, the price is nice and last I checked, the color doesn't change how they sound.  Black goes with everything.  The older pre nanotech drivers are said to be more forgiving...according to Zu.  If you don't like them you could sell them for close to what you paid.  Maybe since you two are in the same area, you could negotiate a trial period.  Mark.

PS...don't forget they would already be broken in, so it wouldn't take long to determine if you like them. Maybe you could hook them up for a trial at Decfest. My Zu Souls took what seemed like forever to break in but once they did, you couldn't make me part with them.  They'll be a part of my speaker harem forever.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 09/21/14 at 16:57:36

I have four sets of speakers in my listening room right now - if I had the cash on hand, I'd consider it...if they were blue, it'd be a done deal.  :)

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/21/14 at 19:45:16

Are you in Chicago proper?

Blue raven?

Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana Studio, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio/DIY Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, Lii Audio P10 based OB speakers
  IP Logged
vraxis
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 09/21/14 at 22:38:18

Not blue, but still sound good!  :).  

I'm trying to post a picture or two, but struggling to get the file to attach. I'm out in the western burbs.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 09/22/14 at 03:09:59

Quote:
Blue raven?

Are you suggesting a new name for me, or asking why I'd want the blue? The blue is sexy!

Quote:
Not blue, but still sound good!  :).  

I'm trying to post a picture or two, but struggling to get the file to attach. I'm out in the western burbs.

Palomino and I are also Western suburbs - We do semi-regular listening sessions to show off the tweaks to our systems. I should have you over sometime!

vraxis
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 09/23/14 at 00:57:39

That'd be great!  Hit me up next time, and I'd love to make it.  

Zu_Soul_Superfly.jpeg
  IP Logged
vraxis
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 09/27/14 at 01:12:42

Still available ncblue!  I gotta hit 5 posts before replying to pm.  

IP Logged
mynameiscurt
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 09/29/14 at 16:16:43

Hey there,

Nooby forum member here.  My friend (long time forum member) sent me this listing.  I am very interesting in purchasing.  I just emailed you, get back with me when you can and we can set it up!

Thanks

Curt Wynn
curtwynn@mac.com

IP Logged
kengler13
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 10/10/14 at 00:43:56

Sorry, don't mean to derail your thread, but just curious if you had used any of the other decware amps with your Superflys and with what results?

IP Logged
sjseadogs
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 12/04/14 at 21:48:01

Hi,
 are these speakers still for sale?  thanks

IP Logged
vraxis
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 12/05/14 at 11:34:38

They're sold.  They can be picky about the amplification, but I certainly had good results with my Torii Mk4 and 16 ohm output taps.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print