Send Topic Print
New Rachael (Read 10432 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

New Rachael
11/03/14 at 16:03:35

I rec'd the Rachael amp and ZP3 last week and have the amp up and running, sounds better everyday. The Mrs. is home breaking it in with streaming music doing the 5 on/ 5 off. Question for the forum: Is the Valve Arts 274B that is in my Rachael and the ZP3 a replacement for the Ruby tubes that Decware used to use as a stock power tube? My plan was to get to at least 200 hours on both power and phono units then I started to rolling the tubes. Thanks, and happy listening. Chris

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: New Rachael
Reply #1 - 11/03/14 at 16:13:29

Yes, Steve is shipping those 274B now and I find them to be quite a nice tube. I'm using the cryo'd version in my Torii Mk II and one of my Torii Mk IIIs.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/06/14 at 21:16:23

+1 on the VA 274B.  It's now my go to rectifier.  I was using NOS rca 5u4g.  274b has more definition and weight.   Not bad for an inexpensive rectifier.

Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana Studio, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio/DIY Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, Lii Audio P10 based OB speakers
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 11/27/14 at 16:23:15

I have to agree about the 274B. It is the one Steve sent with my amp as well, and I really can't imagine wanting to roll it for any reason. I must say, since the inception of this amp years ago, it has come a long way. I owned one of the first SE34.1 amps, and it does not compare to this latest version for me.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #4 - 11/27/14 at 17:57:27

By original, do you mean the SE34I, with 4 opt's ?
If so, a thumbnail comparison would be appreciated.
I have the above amp, it still makes beautiful music !

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 11/28/14 at 00:10:52

The SE34I that I owned was a prototype, so I'm not exactly sure where it stood in the lineup. I do remember that it had quite a few options as to how it could be run, by means of speaker connections, tube placement (one or two output tubes), and in my amp there was a switch hidden inside the chassis, but I have no idea of what it was used for. As much as I liked the sound, I found myself constantly fiddling with these things.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #6 - 11/28/14 at 23:43:24

Thanks.

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #7 - 05/08/15 at 03:23:26

I have not mentioned for a while how much I love my Rachael amp and ZP3 driving the Omega 7XRS speakers we rec'd a few weeks ago. I love it. There, said it. Thanks Steve. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print