07/16/24 at 19:42:22 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WTB:  Mini Torii (Read 5755 times)
Morganc

WTB:  Mini Torii
11/10/14 at 16:59:42

Dear friends, I am in search of a mini torii to add to add to my bedroom set up.  Please PM me with any details or respond to this thread.  Please include age, mki or mkii, tubes included, condition, price, pics, etc.  Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: WTB:  Mini Torii
Reply #1 - 11/10/14 at 21:10:11

Hi Morganc,

I'll probably hate myself for doing this, but I have a MiniTori that Steve built for me in October of 2012 that I've been thinking about selling. I had a headphone jack added, but I never used it. It's in pristine condition - the only flaw that I can see is a crack in the wooden treble trim knob, which can be easily replaced. I bought it to power my DM945s, and it sounded great. When I bought the companion cabinets for the speakers about a year ago, I decided that I needed more oomph for more bass, so I bought a used Tori MK II. In the year that I had it hooked up, I probably put 400 hours or so on it. I just have the stock tubes that came with it. I never got around to any tube rolling. I'm thinking that $1400 including shipping (in CONUS - either directly to you, or back to Decware if you want to pay to have the warranty transferred to you) should be fair. If you are interested, let me know and I'll take pics when I get home this PM.

IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #2 - 11/11/14 at 03:54:22

Thanks.  So does that make it an mki or mkii version?  With or without Jupiter caps?  

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/11/14 at 05:23:15

I'm not sure about the internals. It looks like the current version with the black top. If you're interested, maybe Decware can tell the caps by the serial number. I'm trying to send pictures but the forum keeps telling me that my file size is too big, even though I've reduced it to 307 KB. Fun with computers. Also, when I took a picture of the back of the amp, I noticed some scratches on the back of one of the coil covers (? don't know what else to call it). I'll have to have Decware touch that up - I could never match it here to my satisfaction. I'll give the pictures one more shot.
Randy

Minitori_top.JPG
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/11/14 at 05:25:38

See scratches on coil cover (right side of pic/left side of amp)

MiniTori_back.JPG
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/11/14 at 05:39:02

One more try at posting picture of front. File size now 207KB.

MiniTori_front.JPG
  IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #6 - 11/11/14 at 06:57:50

Thanks Randy.  She looks nice and I think she is the mkii model.    Ill shoot you an email.

IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/12/14 at 10:31:24

PM sent Morgan

IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #8 - 11/13/14 at 03:40:09

Thanks for the fast help fellas.  Randy's mkii is on its way to me in a few days!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print