Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 19:50:12 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PS AUDIO - P-5 PERFECTWAVE POWER PLANT - BLACK (Read 5828 times)
P K
Seasoned Member

PS AUDIO - P-5 PERFECTWAVE POWER PLANT - BLACK
11/20/14 at 14:35:52

Asking $1,695.00 plus shipping.

MSRP: $2,495.00

Firmware updated to .38,

No Marks or Scratches

Shipping Costs will be actual FEDEX shipping charges to be determine by your actual address.

Please check my perfect (100%) feedback on eBay, USAudiomart and AudiogoN (both user names are Alfa_lover), you may buy in confidence.

PAYPAL ADDS 3.3%

Peter

th-3.jpeg
  IP Logged
P K
Seasoned Member

Re: PS AUDIO - P-5 PERFECTWAVE POWER PLANT - BLACK
Reply #1 - 11/23/14 at 15:42:27

FROM THE PS AUDIO WEBSITE:

MSRP:$3,495.00

Power Plants take your incoming AC power and regenerates new sine-wave-perfect, regulated high current AC power. In the process of regeneration any problems on your power line such as low voltage, distorted waveforms, sagging power and noise are eliminated. The results are both audibly and visually stunning when powering either audio or video products.

The P5 Power Plant has 1250 watts of pure regenerated power handling any size system you want to power. From medium to large power amplifiers to the smallest pieces of source equipment, the P5 will work magic on your system’s performance. Dynamics and openness are breathtaking with the P5. This is clearly one of the most important pieces of audio equipment you can own.

1250 VA output

Built in Boulder

Surge protection

Spike protection

Regulated output voltage

Ten times lower distortion

Whisper cooling fan

100% regenerated AC

Integrated oscilloscope

THD meter

Control over the web or network

Adjustable output voltage

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 11/23/14 at 21:31:32

Sent you a PM P.K.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
P K
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/24/14 at 12:11:16

Sold

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 11/26/14 at 19:32:21

PK,

P5 has arrived and is set up. In the process I've lost the DVR output but that has nothing to do with the P5. Sounds very good. . . not using Multiwave yet. May not. Going to put the Premier in the system I keep at my Dad's, should make a big difference.

Thanks for evrerything! A great transaction.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 11/27/14 at 16:17:24

Great Lon, glad that you will be able to enjoy this unit. As you know, I am a big believer in PS Audio power plants. AC is such garbage.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 11/27/14 at 16:24:51

Yes, It's very different from the Power Plant Premier, I'm still getting used to it. The "character" of the sound has changed.

The Power Plant Premier is now at my Dad's in the system there and has transformed that system. My brother-in-law from Virginia is here and he's just gob-smacked by the change that it has made. I would be too if I hadn't expected it. Smiley

Sure wish I hadn't lost the digital output from the DVR though. . . looks as if I'll have to go get a new DVR soon.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 11/28/14 at 14:08:08

Wow. Oddly enough, after rebooting my DVR about eight times just because. .  my digital outputs are back.Whew. Sounds very good as well.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print