Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 17:23:35 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to the Forums and Decware (Read 3122 times)
ChuckW
Verified Member

New to the Forums and Decware
11/24/15 at 23:18:27

Hello everyone. Chuck here and I'm about to dive into some Decware goodies.

I'm starting with some DM945 monitors. I have to ask why I see so many members using subwoofers in their rigs? Do the Decware speakers / Monitors not deliver the low response you guys are looking for?

Chuck

Decware DM945, VPI Prime #427, Dynavector DV-20x2, VPI SDS, Rogue Audio Stealth (Magnum), McIntosh C220, McIntosh MVP861, Sophia Electric 91-01 300B Mono-Blocks. Various cables.
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: New to the Forums and Decware
Reply #1 - 11/29/15 at 13:29:46

Welcome ChuckW

They are fine for general listening, but I think in the long run, you'll want deeper bass.  The monolith cabinets add bass and give you a more well rounded experience.  Others here have integrated subs well, so they may chime in.

Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana Studio, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio/DIY Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, Lii Audio P10 based OB speakers
  IP Logged
ChuckW
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/29/15 at 23:27:53

Thanks for the reply. I've used subs in the past, but I'm hoping to get away from them. After a long talk with Steve before my first Decware purchase we both decided the most I would need, if I actually need it, would be the Monolith base cabinets. I have a large inventory of speakers both new and vintage. However I wanted to try some high eff speakers with the 300B amps @ 9wpc.

Chuck

Decware DM945, VPI Prime #427, Dynavector DV-20x2, VPI SDS, Rogue Audio Stealth (Magnum), McIntosh C220, McIntosh MVP861, Sophia Electric 91-01 300B Mono-Blocks. Various cables.
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/24/16 at 01:14:14

Hello Chuck.
I am curious to hear how well you like the DM945 speaker with your 300B amp.
Is there anything to report?

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print