Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/26/24 at 00:50:46 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
The next project after the last one (Read 70272 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: The next project after the last one
Reply #400 - 10/21/24 at 18:15:04

My dear sister gave me a gift certificate to an exotic wood shop for my birthday.

I looked at what they had to offer and then ordered up some spalted tamarind planks.

After a few days of consternation of how to use this these planks, motivation hit me this morning and wood was cut.

I have a pair of 4" coaxial drivers ordered along with crossover stuff, due to be dumped off by UPS tomorrow. Hopefully they slow to under 40 MPH to make this delivery.

We shall see if I can make this stuff work and hopefully I can build something to show off this fancy wood.

Just dry fitted up here, I wanted to see if my print numbers came together on the wood correctly.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Re: The next project after the last one
Reply #401 - 10/22/24 at 02:35:42

Beautiful, Donnie. Do you have a finish in mind?

I made a guitar hangar from tamarind that turned out well. I recall it was very dense, and worked similar to mango. I used a beeswax/oil finish on everything back then because it was the only thing that wouldn’t get sticky with the constant rain and high humidity. Taking the time to polish and buff it out really turned the accents in the wood up to 11.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print