Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 15:04:28 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zu Audio Dirty Weekend's open for orders.... (Read 3852 times)
mark58
Seasoned Member

Zu Audio Dirty Weekend's open for orders....
04/02/19 at 19:15:11

Recently these speakers were discussed and since they just opened for orders, I thought I'd let everyone know.  They will likely sell out today or tomorrow.  I think they have a number of orders in mind before closing the window.  Mark.

https://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/omen-dirty-weekend-2?mc_cid=92d17454f1&mc_e...

PS...if I were buying I would get the Rustic Hickory finish with the Clarity Cap upgrade for $100 more...a total of $1099.  

60-day 100% satisfaction guarantee. [] Free return shipping if they don’t meet your expectations. [] One year 100% trade-up allowance. [] Five year warranty on parts and labor

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Re: Zu Audio Dirty Weekend's open for orders....
Reply #1 - 04/03/19 at 00:47:39

web site says "sold out"

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/19 at 01:23:52

Not surprised, they are a pretty decent speaker for the $$.
If you subscribe to their website, you'll see "pre-owned" ones get offered that get returned for one reason or another and having dealt with the company, I'm certain they are "good as new" and  will be discounted. When I purchased a pair I preordered them a couple months before the run to assure I got them. Hope that helps if you gotta give em try.

Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/03/19 at 14:07:13

I got the open for orders email at 1 pm CST yesterday.  They said they would probably sell out that same day, so not surprised.  If you are really interested, I would suggest calling.  They are very customer friendly...ask them if you could buy a pair.  Say you were referred by a satisfied customer.  Worth a shot.  Mark.

801-627-1040, 800-516-8925

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/12/19 at 19:44:38

FYI, Just got an email saying the next production run for the Dirty Weekend speakers will be 7/2/19...

IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/12/19 at 20:22:40

mark58 is correct July 2nd is the next go round. At around 1,100.00 they are an amazing speaker with the clarity cap upgrade. I scored a mint pair for 750.00 a few weeks back with the Clarity Cap upgrade and all. With the upgrade they are basically the much more expensive Omen MKII's at 2,300.00 .  The only difference in the two is the Zu-B3 input, an engraved nameplate, some metal bracing ,and the internal wiring (which the Omen MKII uses their Mission MKII wiring). I don't need the Zu-B3 input, my standard nameplate is just fine,I haven't heard a squeak or rattle from the cabinets, and the internal wiring that is used seems just fine. I dont think these things justify the additional 1,200.00. I could not be happier with the DW's performance especially at the price I purchased them for.

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/06/19 at 23:55:03

I just got an email reminder that the next Omen Dirty Weekend run will begin July 2nd.  If I wanted a pair, I'd call and see if I could put in an order now.  I gave the phone numbers and links previously in this thread.  Love my Zu Audio Soul Loudspeakers...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print