Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Zbit on US Audiomart
Reply #1 - 07/18/19 at 06:08:29

Not a bad price.  This guy lives like 40 minutes from me.   Definitely tempting. 

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable, White top ZP3, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 07/18/19 at 14:29:45

I thought long and hard to allow someone else a shot at this, but I decided to message the seller to see if this is still available. It may be just the ticket for one of my secondary systems.
. . .

It never ends.

Edit to add: I purchased it. No longer for sale.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/18/19 at 23:58:34

Hopefully someone will benefit from this. I thought it was a good price. I noticed it had been marked sold. Did you get it Lon?

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 07/19/19 at 00:18:24

Yes, I had edited the post above yours a few hours ago--I bought it and should have it Monday. Will be a nice addition to my "second" (audio/video) system which is Oppo UDP-205 to ZROCK2 to CSP3-25 to Taboo Mk IV-25 to HR-1s. This will allow me to upgrade the weakest links of cable as well, so should be a good addition. (I have one of course in my main system).

Thanks for the heads Charlie.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 07/19/19 at 11:48:51

Good for you Lon...congrats.  I briefly considered it, but when I thought about it, i would have wanted the dual controls.....hence I opted to pass.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable, White top ZP3, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 07/19/19 at 12:20:41

I hear you there, dual controls are really nice to have, and that is how my ZBIT in my main system is configured. But in the system this is going in I have dual controls on the Taboo Mk IV-25 and can adjust balance as well with the output controls on the CSP3-25, so a single control on the ZBIT is fine. And the price, and no waiting. . . that pushed me over the edge.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 07/23/19 at 13:14:36

This ZBIT arrived and is installed. I now have VooDoo Cable Stradivarius Cremona XLR into the ZBIT, the same cable in RCA out of the ZBIT into the ZROCK2, VooDoo Cable Stradivarius (original version) RCA out of the ZROCK2 and into the CSP3-25 and VooDoo Cable Ultralinear RCA from the preamp into the Taboo Mk IV-25.

Sound has become more dynamic and a bit fuller. The next step in this system is either to upgrade the source (Oppo UDP-205 is great. . . but I have a better source upstairs) and to upgrade the two non-Stradivarius Cremona cables (an expensive proposition but I'll keep an eye out for used ones). Sound is really really good. ZBITs rule.

IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 07/23/19 at 14:27:45

Very cool!

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo