Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 06:31:31 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beach sound measurement. (Read 1537 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Beach sound measurement.
08/01/19 at 01:46:41

I don’t know if anyone will find this interesting but I was at the Lake Michigan beach the other night.  I was listening to the sound of the surf and said I wonder how that measures.  Weird I know.  Anyway, check out the low end.  Other than that it kind of mimics what I get in my room at home.  Checkout that low end though.

Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana Studio, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio/DIY Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, Lii Audio P10 based OB speakers
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Beach sound measurement.
Reply #1 - 08/01/19 at 03:48:51

Hey Pal. What do the colors represent? The purple looks like it could be an average of the green? Which color is your room?

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>LaoChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Beach sound measurement.
Reply #2 - 08/09/19 at 14:16:58

I think high is average high, blue? is average low and green? is the live response.  None are my room, but except for the lows is follows a very similar pattern.

I was just there listening to the waves and the sound was putting me in a nice place so I thought, "I wonder how this compares to the sound in my room?"

Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana Studio, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio/DIY Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, Lii Audio P10 based OB speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print