Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 14:34:05 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thinning the stable to make room for new stuff! (Read 4240 times)
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Thinning the stable to make room for new stuff!
09/15/19 at 00:13:32

OK gents and ladies too! First time I've done this here at DecLand.
Putting a few items on the auction block.
First up are these speakers known to the Decware community as the "ElCamino". I don't recall how they got that name but this is one of the few finished pair by Bob Z speaker builder extraordinaire. I aquired these in early 2016 I think when they needed a home. They are incredible sounding indeed. Maybe a record for depth and weight and strength of bass tones from such small mid bass/midrange drivers. They are a quasi horn loaded ported cabinet. Bob sort of concocted these when working on DNA horns for Steve and the concept is the same ported box loaded to a true flared bass horn in one compact yet massive (heft) tower. These hit way above their pay grade and I've really enjoyed them. I have too many pairs of speakers and I'm looking at some other things Bob has "cooking" and some planar/estat stuff I'm fiddling with. They have been finished nicely in automotive dark red and pewter silver top and foot. The surface of the tops is perfect and there are two minor paint blemishes that are in the pictures. Other little things you have to be inches away to see. Beautiful speakers and beautiful powerful sound.
$1,400 takes em and I'll bring to DecFest if there is interest.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Thinning the stable to make room for new stuff!
Reply #1 - 09/15/19 at 01:58:04

Dimensions, driver size/model, maybe frequency response. These would be the hanging questions for me. I am betting that you don't want to ship, and completely understand why.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/15/19 at 03:05:53

The drivers I believe are SB Acoustics. Specific model numbers that is a question for Bob. The frequency response of the drivers are available. I don't ever remember seeing a frequency response graph of speakers on Decware. You have the OB from Decware so the bass response is flatter lower and more pronounced. This speaker never made production for various reasons but scads of DecFest attendees auditioning it against all the other speakers did have much praise about the smooth response and midrange clarity. There is also no lack of sparkle on top. Bob has taken a particular liking to this tweeter in other designs as well. Bass is unquestionably solid and hits into the low 30 Hz range with tight accurate dynamics. There are only maybe 6 assembled pair of these maybe only 4 of which Bob himself made. This pair is one of them. Come to DecFest?

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/15/19 at 03:08:38

Dimensions are 40" H x 8.5" W x 17" D
I see no reason not to ship. Anything I have bought I have paid shipping so buyer would pay shipping. I pack well but the weight and size of these would add some extra shipping I'm sure.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/15/19 at 03:17:04

To say these have a "slam factor" to them would be accurate.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/15/19 at 03:35:52

So I ran through the speakers and there indeed are some response plots for some of the speakers. So I do not know if the in room response was ever done for this particular speaker or not.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/15/19 at 13:26:26

There is no doubt that Chris can pack a pair of speakers for shipping. He fastidiously packed a pair of HR1s for me and they arrived completely unscathed.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/03/19 at 02:37:26

I'll be bringing these to DecFest......

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 10/08/19 at 02:36:01

!SOLD! at Fest.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print