Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone? (Read 1732 times)
Mike
Verified Member

Anyone?
05/21/20 at 18:42:30

Can’t seem to get answers elsewhere so trying here...

1. What is the agreed (hopefully proven) method for downsizing the WO32 for 6”, 6 1/2” or 8” Drivers?
2. Likewise, is there an agreed ‘ideal’ set of driver parameters to adhere to if resizing for 6”, 6 1/2” or 8” woofer use?
3. Has anyone built a 6”, 6 1/2” or 8” driver version (resized) and does it still perform as expected?

Thank you
Mike

IP Logged
Tony Adams
Verified Member

Re: Anyone?
Reply #1 - 08/29/23 at 03:45:20

welcome

IP Logged
1stwattlife
Seasoned Member

Re: Anyone?
Reply #2 - 07/10/24 at 20:23:41

Some months ago I had a short conversation with Steve about resizing the inFamous DeathBox to an 8 inch driver. If I remember the conversation correctly, the answer we came to involved no change in the box (which is tunable), because the smaller woofer is harder to drive. This was not about the plan that you are asking about, but I figured I would throw what little knowledge I have about the issue out on the table in case it is useful. Your question, along with the answer I had previously gotten raised a question of my own about the needs of a 6 or 6.5 inch driver as opposed to the 8 inch.

I am sure someone who is actually knowledgeable about these things will chime in soon enough.. I will keep an eye on the thread as well to see how it goes...

P.

BTW- Welcome to the forum!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print