Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/17/24 at 21:25:04 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Jay's Audio CDT2-MKIII + QStab NSE CD Clamp (Read 4584 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

FS: Jay's Audio CDT2-MKIII + QStab NSE CD Clamp
10/06/21 at 15:13:35

After upgrading my server / streaming setup I'm going to say goodbye to my Jay's Audio CDT3-MKIII.

Includes QStab NSE CD Clamp This is $298 new. It was in instantly noticeable improvement across the board.  

A Decware forum member visited my listening room awhile ago, he said it was the best CD playback he has ever heard.

Out of curiosity I bought the Jay's CDT. It smoked my server / streaming setup. This bugged me. So I upgraded a bunch of stuff for my digital streaming. Now, I'm looking to sell my Jay's Audio CDT2-MKIII.

Purchased in May.

Asking PP FNF $2,200 + shipping

Listing on USaudiomart for $2,400 ++

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: Jay's Audio CDT2-MKIII + QStab NSE CD Clamp
Reply #1 - 10/06/21 at 17:52:19

I am the Decware forum member GS is referring to. The CD transport is absolutely killer and built like a tank. It's in absolutely perfect condition and GS really babies his equipment. If you spin CD's you owe it to yourself to have a conversation with the owner.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR MWI modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th A preamp > ZMA-25th A amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > SDFB's > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/07/21 at 01:57:46

After 12 years I recently ditched my music server setup in favor of physical discs. The improvements were large.

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/07/21 at 13:40:31

Just PM’d you, Groovy.

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/07/21 at 15:28:45

HK, Thank you.

DancingSea, I was inspired to buy the CDT after seeing your thread on the PS Audio forums. the Jay's CDT was better than my Roon + HQP -> Rendu setup. Significantly better! The Innuos ZENith MK3 with the InnuoSense software is on par with the CDT. They are different close enough for me to be happy with the convenience of playing songs from the server.

Doug, Sent you a message.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/07/21 at 18:47:28

GS: That’s wonderful. I’ve since boycotted PS Audio forums and spend time at Steve Hoffman  🤪

Another thing I didn’t anticipate is how much I enjoy the ritual of physical media.  And it was shocking how crappy my Roon/HQP/ MicroRendu 1.4 system sounded once I got the Marantz SACD 30n.  I’ve yet to try directly connecting a hard drive to the Marantz and let it perform as a music server ala Innous.

The Jays is supposed to be phenomenal. As I’m sure you know, it’s Steve Guttenberg’s transport of choice.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/08/21 at 13:42:47

SOLD.

DS, I agree with the ritual. I also have a nice vinyl setup so that satisfies that part of music play back.

I've been finding that a lot of music I want to buy is only being released digitally on bandcamp.com or other platforms. I was downloading it then burning it to CD. Having a bunch of generic CDs with generic labels was starting to bother me.

Part of me wonders if I'll regret selling it in the future.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/08/21 at 16:50:23

GS:  I’ve flirted with going into vinyl, but have thus far balked. The primary reason is the inability to skip tracks with the push of a button.  Or in the case of Roon, banish the tracks entirely.

I agree about the generic CDs.  One nice thing about the Marantz is it plays data discs.  I’ve burned high res downloads to data discs, as well as things from bandcamp. To make it less generic cd like, when possible I’ve bought used CD versions from Amazon and Discogs just to get the CD case and album art work. I then put the taiyo yuden generic cd in that case.

If the bug strikes, you can always repurchase the Jay’s!

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 10/08/21 at 18:10:13

DS, It sounds like you found a solution that works well for you, That's terrific!

I'm happy to box up my CDs for now. I've always had a soft spot for vinyl so I don't see that changing any time soon.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 10/08/21 at 23:40:44

GS:  Your direction makes ultimate sense.  The ideal for me would be to have a server setup that at least equaled, and hopefully bettered, a high quality physical digital media arrangement.  Mostly for ease of use.  I thought I had achieved that with my fairly complex computer setup.  Not sure how it took me 12 years to figure out how far off I was!  The rediscovery of physical CDs and SACDs as played by the Marantz SACD 30n has recalibrated my baseline for what sounds good.  

One day I'll likely make the same move you have, to an upmarket music server like a Melco, Aurrender, Innous, etc.  I speculate it will take a good $4K or more to get there.  I do miss the ease of use with Roon.  Too bad these things aren't free, that would make exploration much easier.

Lately I have a fascination with tube preamps and tube integrated amps - and a new sub.  While music servers don't cross my mind in the least.  It's peculiar how what grabs our interest when.  No doubt an article in TAS or Stereophile will light me on music server fire one day.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print