Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/19/24 at 23:16:00 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Zen CD/Network Player for SALE! (Read 1627 times)
JimmyJet
Verified Member

Decware Zen CD/Network Player for SALE!
11/15/21 at 23:13:32

Hi gang! As usual, I’m listing a piece of Decware gear here first to give all of us Decware fans a first chance to grab a great deal before I put it up for sale on the usual audiophile marketplace websites.

I’m not going to go into all the details because I figure a Decware fan will already know all that, but just in case you don’t, see more info at https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZCD.htm

This is a Tascam CD-240 professional level CD/Network/iPhone/Pad/Pod digital audio player modified by Decware Audio. In this model, Decware started with an XLR balanced CD player and used its differential output stage to drive wide-bandwidth audio transformers to give far greater sound than stock.

These wide-bandwidth audio transformers are connected to an additional set of RCA outputs on the rear of the unit along with a 20-step stepped attenuator that controls how much voltage is fed through the RCA's to create a strong output voltage; in fact, compared to the stock RCA jacks on the CD player which output an industry standard 2 volts, the transformers will output whatever the balanced voltage is of the player. That means you can expect anywhere between 3.75 ~ 10 volts of output. The end result of this Decware output stage results in a much more “analog like sound” that you can customize to your system/ear with the stepped attenuator.

Apart from the Decware modifications a HUGE plus for the CD-240 is the iPhone/Pad/Pod integration through the front USB connection. Your “i” device can be controlled by the CD player but your iPhone can also control the CD player and push Spotify, etc. directly through USB to the TEAC’s internal DAC, or pass through to your own DAC – so many possibilities with this very versatile digital player. There is also a robust TEAC app for the network player. I used it to play music from my network’s DLNA server (via its LAN connection in the back). This thing plays internet radio as well.

I’ve switched over to a new SACD player, so this unit has to go to fund my new unit. Includes the original box, factory packing materials, owner's manual, and Decware badged remote control (notice the protective film is still in place). I paid ~$1300 after tax and shipping. Priced at $690 for a quick sale – shipping is FREE within contiguous U.S.

Unit is pristine and comes from a smoke & pet free home.

Please see shared picture album at:  https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0o5n8hH4ilrFq

-cheers!  And thanks for looking…

Torii Mk IV [beeswax, attenuator]

Klipsch KG4's [Crites' upgrades
  IP Logged
Eboogie101
Verified Member

Re: Decware Zen CD/Network Player for SALE!
Reply #1 - 11/17/21 at 02:06:57

DM sent!

IP Logged
JimmyJet
Verified Member

SOLD! > Re: Decware Zen CD/Network Player for SALE!
Reply #2 - 11/18/21 at 04:18:25

Thanks all for looking!

-cheers!

Torii Mk IV [beeswax, attenuator]

Klipsch KG4's [Crites' upgrades
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print