Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
06/18/24 at 14:31:48 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Swiss Digital FUSE BOX (Read 63722 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #550 - 05/30/24 at 20:05:08

Thanks--but no thanks?--for posting that Mark. Wink

Okay, that did it. Thanks to Mark and Damien I have a Graphene Sluggo on the way to me.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
S of T
Verified Member

Reply #551 - 05/31/24 at 03:24:51

Tom Gibbs, another great evaluation.
Cool Lon/Graphene on the way. Do I contact Mark and/or Damien to order?

On another note. I'm excited Smiley to receive tomorrow: Townshend Audio Fractal F1 Speaker Cables. I already (prematurely) put them in my Signature. However, I have 30 days with TMR to experience and make a decision. I did not order them to return. Nice peace of mind, though. I've followed the F1's from the beginning. If a pair came up ......I wanted to have them in. Here tomorrow!

SonyTPort
Illuminations D60
ShunyataZ-AlphaDigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
KimberKS1030 IC
XLOProPcord
DecwareZMA/25thMods
DIYKimber6063&6065/SCables
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
KimberPK10Palladian from wall
to PSAudioP3
ZDSD&ZMA HCOut
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #552 - 05/31/24 at 10:18:09

Yes, contacting Mark or Damien is the way to get the Sluggos, they are not yet for sale on the web page.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #553 - 06/03/24 at 20:30:23

My Graphene Sluggo arrived today.

Right off it sounds very nice, warm and a little laid back, though I can hear some little twinkles of nice gentle detail woven into the sound. All the Sluggos tend to sound warm and a little laid back to me in my system when they are first introduced, especially as the component or in this case (I put it in the P15) all the components have been shut down for a few minutes and need most of a day to "be all they can be." But I sense I am going to like it right where it is, and in this direction.

IP Logged
S of T
Verified Member

Reply #554 - 06/04/24 at 00:45:27

Nice Lon, I need to email and order. ZMA only right now.

Four days with my new speaker cables.....I get it they do all things well. However, better suited to Solid State. Non-directional and no burn in needed is cool and apparent.

For me, I prefer .....what Steve created on Adams Street.....to console of his band .....real. I will keep my current.

SonyTPort
Illuminations D60
ShunyataZ-AlphaDigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
KimberKS1030 IC
XLOProPcord
DecwareZMA/25thMods
to PSAudioP3
ZDSD&ZMA HCOut
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #555 - 06/04/24 at 00:49:40

Yes, speaker cables I find very distinctive, some I like some I didn't. I found an irritating aspect to the Styx speaker cables I had years ago, and I have a pair of Mapleshade that are perfect for my audio visual system, and I really like a pair of PS Audio that uses Ohno copper for my main system--I find it works really well with my PS Audio power cables that also use Ohno Copper, and my VooDoo Cable interconnects that have Ohno copper conductors as well as Ohno silver conductors. It took a long time to get those in there and they are not coming out.

A couple hours in on the Graphene Sluggo and it has opened up some. I'd say the biggest difference in this Sluggo showing up so far is dynamics--they are a bit punchier and go from quiet to loud a bit more seamlessly.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #556 - 06/04/24 at 04:15:26

I look forward to your impressions as the graphene wakes up more Lon. I have used graphene oil over time as a connection conditioner, and can imagine it to be a great thing to integrate in a sluggo. Not the same, but it seems some nicer Chinese fuses use graphene (and other) powder inside, and I would not doubt if SR similarly uses mineral blends supporting cleaner, denser, more dynamic sound.

Reading the review update Mark recently posted, I thought, "well I recall hearing very similar results (description-wise) changing from the Gold Plated “Super Sluggo" to Mark's Copper Sluggos.”

On first impressions, I remember liking the gold dipped "super sluggo," enjoying how it increased density with smooth and spacious midrange textures, fine detail and decays... a notable pleasant sweetness. But it did not take long to find the bass in particular slowish and veiled for my tastes, and associated, lacking finer information that makes leading edges and textures feel more complex and alive. This impression followed with the mids and top feeling less obviously slowish and veiled, but still a little sluggishness that to me was beyond a slightly euphonic sweetness… in turn reducing/smoothing the finest micro information in space, and speeds that I love.

After that settled in, I thought I would be one of the first to send my SDFBs and all back. But experimenting with different, more resolving, less bass weighted, and faster cables and tubes helped. Then I tried some home-made copper slugs that were big sounding, but more balanced here. Their bigness was like the gold, but with better resolution and speed balances, including the bass being alive and complete enough to keep me digging in. More cable and tube experiments to open the sound just so then caused me to be able to hear more of the SDFB benefits, while liking the concept of protected, direct connections…but I needed to make it work with less balance shifts and more transparently in this system.

Then I got some verafi coppers from Mark, and that helped more... I really like(d) the sound of his coppers, especially with clearer/faster cables and tubes. One of those rare occasions where copper really shines, the sluggo had good balances spectrally and across the speed ranges, while being quite resolving of very fine information in space... allowing a beautiful coppery shimmer and sweetness that is usually less clear here. The verafi copper being 5mm was part of this, mine having been more like 6mm, the lighter gauge verafi leaned the sound in a really good way in my system, less dense/full allowing more of the sound completeness I really like from the verafi copper.

Then, making faster and more resolving "piggies" continued to improve the whole in the same directions... a little less dense/full/bassy, they allowed more resolution and speed.

Now, having integrated the SDFBs with system adjustments, in today’s quick tests I used Archie Schepp and Niels-Henning Orsted Pederson "How Deep is the Ocean" from "Looking at Bird." It is a decent recording with just sax and bass, so a nice reference for me for hearing into the recordings of instruments and space. I did these tests in my CSP3 since it is easier to switch fuse replacements than my amp, and very revealing, so shows it all pretty well, but is limited to its signature. I tested them both ways to verify the most resolving sound. Then I let them warm up a little, but guessing more would be better, though making  it harder to compare. So these tests are not conclusive and are general based on one component and one recording… hopefully a useful set of pointers though.

I had been running a Rhodium plated hollow silver fuse replacement in the CSP3, and still feel like it is not fully burned in with several weeks of 5-8 hour days. I find Rhodium sounds good within a day or two a lot of the time, but takes a long time to fully burn in to a point where its solid clarity and smoothness continues to allowing the subtlest fine detail, space and speed.

First I tried the Super Sluggo (gold dip), and found it similar to when I first tried it... a nice big sound with seductive mid to high air and textures. But for me, it is still too slow, the slowness also reducing micro information cues and inner detail and space, especially down low. Even having compensated for the extra power supply push from sluggos making the whole of the sound denser and balancing it more toward bass... With the super sluggo, the bass in particular, supported by its fullness leaking some into the mids, is slow and dark enough to feel like the low end is lacking articulation in comparison to more open and faster top, and in comparison to other slugs I tried.

It would not surprise me if this is part of what the reviewer experienced changing from the gold super sluggo to graphene, bass issues he had with his amp possibly being in part associated with the Super Sluggo sound. Here, even having adapted the SDFBs to my system and tastes, if the gold were my only choice, and I was not a maker and modder, I imagine I might go back to fuses.

This system, without feeling bright or lean, shows everything pretty clearly, down to the finest harmonic information... Having solved a lot of the smearing I did not know was there per se, there is lots of space helping to show increased resolution of the finer harmonic complexities, leading edges, decays, textures, etc....  all in a warmish but fast musical foundation. The super sluggo pushed the balances and speeds out of whack in my initial tests, and still does that, though to a lesser degree.

Finally, here, the inherent sound of the Super Sluggo does good things I can imagine people preferring in given settings. But it does not on the whole compliment my system and sound needs. And my issues with the super sluggo are similar to what I interpret the reviewer found the graphene to resolve... By his descriptions of the positive changes with the graphene...looked at the other way... the graphene revealed and resolved traits that the Super did not completely reveal. Here, all the fuse replacements I have tried improved on these same issues, compared to the Super Sluggo, increasing overall clarity, speed, better balances...and in turn making the music more alive with a more complete soundstage.

This is not to say the Graphenes are not great, or that the Supers are not just right for some settings and tastes, just that they do influence the sound in pretty clear ways.

Next I tried a Verafi Copper. As I said, I really liked this one before, and I found it nice enough today to want to do more comparisons with my now, mostly hollow fuse replacements, at least once they are more burned in. The hollows open and resolve the speeds and sound more than the solids here, taking the system work I did to adapt to slugs a little further, and into a very nice place actually.

Here the copper does most everything in more resolved and neutrally balanced ways than the Supers, without serious veils or speed and spectral imbalances. Though more bass weighted, warmer, slower, and softer than the hollows, they sound good to me, allowing nice fine detail and space throughout. Round about, the balances and spatially alive finer resolution from the coppers are due in part to their more complete spectral and speed balances, allowing more fine revelation than the Supers. Compared to Rhodium/silver, or silver hollows, it brings a compelling warm sweetness that could be a nice tuning tool. For systems needing some more warmth and bass weighting (especially compared to fuses) without notable loss or smoothing of fine information in space, they might do this nicely with their relative neutrality and transparency.

Next was a solid Golden State silvers that I used with Mark's coppers for quite a while. These are 6mm, and I wish they were 5mm since the lighter gauge would open them up nicely. But they sound really good... sort of a bigger and clearer sounding Verafi Copper... all aspects of the sound a little bigger it feels fuller, but balanced, and quite spatially alive, excellent fine detail in space throughout balancing the fullness nicely. The silver is warm and resolving in a good silver way, but it does lack a bit of that sweet magic I get in this setting from the Verafi Copper Sluggos. How much of this is gauge, hard to guess, but within the bigger sound, the big silvers have similar or more absolute clarity with a good silver feel. And one or the other felt better to me in different placements, so I enjoyed using the two together for most of my testing with tube, cable, system work.

Then the hollows trickled in and replaced most of coppers and silvers. We will see after the hollows are fully burned in, but being less metal, they are less full, allowing whatever they allow more, and more quickly, yet still dense and musical here, so promising.

Leading to the next, the Rhodium/silver hollow. When I first put this in, it was wild...  intensely and weirdly clear. But that began to pass pretty quickly as it settled into its Rhodium sound. Still green, I do hear a distinctly solid and smooth Rhodium clarity... It is like all the clarity and space is there, but with a more solid feel than other metals, and the smoothness allowing a sense of some warmth, but less obviously textured than good copper or silver. From these comparisons, I realize the hollow Rhodium/Silver is just a little veiled in clarity and speed at this point, but I did not notice it before comparing with more burned in slugs. I expect that to pass...fingers crossed. I have not figured out how to describe the Rhodium sound beyond this. But having that sort of Rhodium smooth sheen, and being silver based and hollow makes it overall less bold, full, and bass weighted, while making it more spacious and open, especially compared to solid slugs I have.

Also, since these are hollow silver tubes, the Rhodium plating is inside and out, so these things proportionately have a lot more Rhodium to silver than Rhodium plated solid silver fuse replacements... I don't really know what to expect from this beyond a longer burnin, and I look forward to whenever that happens hearing them fully. Here, Rhodium's straight forward open and smooth clarity can be a nice touch in certain places... Little by little I find myself using it more in the mix, though I find it easier overall to use the more obviously warmish and textured pure silver, pure copper or gold plated pure copper for cable and component connectors.

Next is the pure silver hollow. After the solid silver and hollow Rhodium/silver, this one showed more clarity in space, more dynamic hit, a nice subtle warmth...though a less full "warmth" with less bass weighting than the solid silver. The sound still pretty dense, the more neutral and open feel makes it faster and more spacious.... more present and clearly active. Here it has really good balances throughout and is rich in speeds and in complex information. In these tests, and in this system, likely the “best” overall at this stage of burnin.... But this is in the context of several different slugs in use system wide. I like having a blend to mix and match.

Here anyway!

Clearly all systems are different, but I hope this points to the actual sonic characteristics of each without biasing it too much based on my system and tastes. That is the trick I think… and a tricky one at that.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #557 - 06/04/24 at 09:31:53

will wrote on 06/04/24 at 04:15:26:
Clearly all systems are different, but I hope this points to the actual sonic characteristics of each without biasing it too much based on my system and tastes. That is the trick I think… and a tricky one at that.

Will, this is a marvelous delineation of the Sluggo characteristics that mostly dovetails with my own experiences. I don't have any solid silver or rhodium-plated silver, but I can imagine how they sound from your descriptions.

I think that the Graphene Sluggo may be revealing the hollow silver in my DAC as the weaker link now, and I may try one of the High Purity Copper Sluggos in that component after I have gotten the sense that the Graphene Sluggo has matured. But I will say this morning the system is sounding very balanced and surprisingly "polite" in a positive sense. I'm playing delicately recorded lush music and those characteristics are gently presented and though I'm listening to Redbook cd the sound is very analog. Bodes really well for the near future!

I think I'm nearing a new plateau where I will kick back and listen and futz less again. That's my goal!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #558 - 06/04/24 at 18:03:46

Thanks Lon.

It is interesting that changing your Regenerator from hollow silver (last I recall anyway) to Graphene, has possibly revealed the hollow silver in the DAC as a weak link.

Your thoughts and listening this morning got me to thinking... During my tests above, I was so absorbed by the flow, I lost track of something important... To get a hollow silver to test in the CSP3, I needed to pull one from my DAC or Regenerator, the only two I have presently. I chose the DAC being easier to get to and thinking it may have a little less overall impact on the whole sound. Now, a little befuddled, having been so caught up in the activity, I so far have lost the time progression in mind. But I think it was right at the end, before testing the hollow silver in the CSP3 that I put the Rhodium plate hollow that had been in the CSP3 before tests, into the DAC, and the silver hollow that had been in the DAC, into the CSP3.

As I was listening this morning after reading your post I noticed hearing the silver revelation, warmth and textures in the CSP3, and finding added complexity there better than the Rhodium-plated smooth clarity and solidity. But I was still hearing the Rhodium's clarity, sheen, and its hit... now more pronounced, causing me to remember the hollow Rhodium plated silver was in the DAC!

It was then I figured that this order and combination contributed to the sound I had attributed to the hollow silver in the CSP3 above, particularly the clarity of attack and dynamic hit, guessing it was in part from the Rhodium contributing to a sense of immediacy and dynamics from the DAC. Overall it still sounded like Rhodium mixed with silver, but this order created an improved set of balances of those basic traits... A pretty combination of solidity, density and clarity at the core, with some warmer textures, fine detail, and space from the CSP3 ...

I verified my impressions by trying a Verafi Copper in the DAC, and sure enough, the sound became more like the silver alone, but with copper flavored warmth and textures added. This was also a really nice sound, but definitely different and I prefer the Rhodium/Sliver in the DAC, its comparatively contrasting qualities complimenting the silver complexity in the CSP3 really nicely.

I was listening to a Bugge Wesseltoft solo piano album, "Songs," and it is clearly a piano player who loves the sound of the piano recording... big body that is rich and complex while showing all the nuances of piano sound, from the immediacy of the hammer pads on strings through the dense body and complex harmonics from strings, wood and air...with beautiful long and complex decays. Even with a Zbit, a Zrock2+, and a newer toy I am finishing modifying that is designed to solve baffle step issues... Though all are pretty tuned up and resolving, that is three meaningful components and cable sets between the DAC and CSP3... yet this "sluggo" combination is quite real and clear. And this recording in particular shows more clearly that this slug combination, Rhodium plate in the DAC, and Silver in the CSP3, was creating something special. To me, it so far seems notably better than when I had been running the same hollow fuse replacements for some weeks, but in the opposite order, the silver in the DAC, and the Rhodium in the CSP3.

It is amazing how "good" can become "better" once optimal synergy is found.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #559 - 06/05/24 at 00:21:25

It really is intriguing how these different metals interact in components, a lot like tube-rolling really fine and distinctive tubes, but without the pin-out and voltage differences--one size fits all (if you are using all 5mm x 20mm or all the larger fuses).

I did also make a change and replaced the hollow silver in the DAC with a High Purity Copper Sluggo. It will be tomorrow morning really before I have the full difference represented but it does give a little jolt of fullness and bass that is giving me a good foundation, and improving a tiny bit of thinness that I was sensing after the Graphene began to settle in. . . .

Edit to add: after about 14 hours of the High Purity Copper in the DAC the sound is really good. . .justifying the replacement of the hollow silver slugs. Just a bit more body and a stronger foundation. With the Cryotone 300B-WC the silver was a nice "cooling touch," which was not needed with the Black Treasures and the 6CG7 tubes that I have moved to and fallen for.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #560 - 06/05/24 at 05:00:02

So I have kept quiet as I didn’t want to influence your opinion on the Graphene Sluggo.

I switched back to High Purity Copper with Gold Immersion over a month ago.

Not because the Graphene is bad.  It’s actually pretty amazing.  However, it became just too analytical (and yes, a bit thin) sounding compared to the more fuller sounding HPC sluggo.  In some rigs and to some ears, this will be a God send but it just wasn’t the right fit in my case. Mine was also from the first batch (just like GS) where I could see flaking when I took it out.  I believe Mark has fixed that in the second iteration.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #561 - 06/05/24 at 09:54:31

That makes perfect sense to me. I find the Cryotone 300B-WC to be significantly analytical sounding themselves, and I find that with the Graphene Sluggo they are exponentially more so and I don't relax into the sound.

The Cryotone 300B-WC are now one of my backup pairs of 300B tubes. I was very surprised to find that I prefer the sound of the Shuguang Black Treasure 300B-Z which is a bit darker, bit more full sounding tube that has seduced me. Also since I don't want to risk my one remaining Sophia Electric Aqua II 274B that sounds best in my CSP3 in my audio/visual system I have been using an old Zenith 5U4G that sounds fantastic in the SEWE300B and better with the Black Treasure tubes. (I'll find out what a Cryotone 5U4G sounds like in ten days or so). And these all sound best with my current Sluggo contingent: Graphene in the P15, High Purity Copper in the DAC and Super Duper in the SEWE300B. The blend is better than the individual parts. I'm getting sound I really sink into.

The High Purity Copper is just right in the DAC--it imparts a sort of candle-light glow that is just right to highlight the extra smidgeon of body and heft it brings there in the center of the system. And the Graphene and Duper add their polished detail at the front and back of the system with iron in velvet gloves. A lovely synergy.

IP Logged
S of T
Verified Member

Reply #562 - 06/05/24 at 15:56:31

#555 post Lon. Yes, I'm all in with Ohno solid core.
DIY Speaker Cables/created my own hi-bred of Kimber Select KS6063 & KS6065 (24awg solid core w/6N Silver & Neotech solid core UP-OCC Copper with 19awg Kimber's best VariStrand .....9awg aggregate to speaker/12awg to each speaker post).

Will....speed PRAT and best timbre ever with my above creation & solid core of KS1030 IC ....Illumination's D-60 solid core + 7581A output tubes.

Kamran, I'm staying put with my HP Sluggo. I don't want to change it from what I'm hearing/enjoying.

SonyTPort
Illuminations D60
ShunyataZ-AlphaDigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
KimberKS1030 IC
XLOProPcord
DecwareZMA/25thMods
to PSAudioP3
ZDSD&ZMA HCOut
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #563 - 06/06/24 at 02:32:05

Lon,

I am with you... to reflect on synergy and context again and again is I think really important.

In this case your tubes and sluggos effect each other and those together effect components, and components effect the whole...

Trying the Graphene sluggo in the P15 in the midst, shifted your feel for the DAC sound, stimulating refining it with a sluggo change... And the DAC, with its sluggo and cables, etc, is effected by, and effects everything else. On and on the circle goes, the individual sonic influences of each part effecting all the others as well as the whole... And the whole is the real basis for adjustments from promising individual parts.

In contrast, our sort of audiophile habit of isolating individual things as "good," often without much explanation of its sonic qualities, or why the whole stimulated a need for change... This can inhibit our collective growth and potential, while supporting a less efficient sort of audiophile shopping merry-go-round.  

With really good quality things anyway, over and over we prove that how good something is in our setup, is based on all else together as much as the part or component. And how we convey that to each other defines how easy or hard it is to extrapolate how something might work to make our own system more involving and complete.

Related, in terms of learning from each other, I am thinking that the sort of cliche that "all systems and rooms are different, making everything relative depending on the system/room..." is true... But also this can be a little too easy as a catchall that supports everything being gray, the feeling that nothing is necessarily quite real or understandable. Broad generalizations seem to easily turn to "normalizations," becoming "gospel" in mind often without us even knowing it, while potentially keeping us from digging in further, and thus slowing down creative development.

Knowing that the system/room as a whole has a powerful influence on why parts seem better or worse...along with knowing that the whole sound experience is defined by the characteristic values of each of the individual parts... How can we continue to refine this knowledge to help each other more easily find musical beauty?

In relatively resolving systems, with relatively good balances, different high quality components, wires, sluggos, tubes, etc, do have individual sonic characteristics and influences on their own. Yet they may or may not be just right for a given system. So the more we understand the sonic characteristics of a certain component, sluggo, tube, or cable, the easier it is to guess whether it might help our own room. This is why calling something "better," "best," "worse," etc... without much clarity with the reasons, can drive me a little batty.

And not to say that seeking the "best" solution for a given microcosmic change within a complex system is unimportant. But its success usually depends on our levels of feel and understanding for whole system/room sound balance needs... and our feel and understanding for the qualities the new thing might bring to the whole. Then Synergy, deeper levels of synergy where the real magic can come from. And finally, back to the whole, the change becomes one of the many parts that make up the new whole... a new beginning.

In my case, recently finding that changing the order of the hollow Rhodium plated silver slug from the CSP3 to the DAC, and the hollow silver from the DAC to the CSP3...  In some senses this could be thought of as a subtle change, the same good parts moved around a little. But in the big picture, it was a powerful change, that shift causing the whole to come into a sort of profound fruition I have not heard before...

It was the slugs and slug order that pulled that all together, but if all else was not primed for that particular slug discovery, the results might have been good, all parts being good, but not so powerfully synergistic as it is...

As it turned out, the music has become really difficult to dissect intellectually. All balances are so beautifully complete and integrated that I can't hear the usual subtle things that stimulate exploring refinement...

I can fine tune from here, like taking the basis of this more complete musical world to adjust the super tweeters to the best settings and places for these conditions. Or my usual gain tuning, to refine system sound, and that of individual recordings.

But it is rare for me, perhaps unprecedented at this level, to get to a place where I can "search" for subtle sonic issues that I might be able to refine, and for the most part, not be able to hear or discern them... I hope it lasts!

Historically similar breakthrough plateaus, once soaked in, finally lead to a deeper understanding of the complexities of music in the home, eventually revealing new pathways for further refinement. But for now, I am pleasantly mystified by this level of completeness and comfort from being a part of this musical experience....

And it was the slug order change that exposed this magical place! But how much of it was from putting these particular 6CG7s in the CSP3 power positions.... or the particular wires and gauge I recently used to replace "stock" wires I was not loving inside the Omegas.... or the Linlai WE 845s that are now getting nicely burned in powering the amp so beautifully.... or the cap bypassing, connector and wire changes in the newish baffle step tuning box.... How much of this new found magic was the setup leading to the slug discovery?

Similarly, thinking about your recent experience Lon, from within the progression of your long quest for refining balances, the hollow silver in the DAC was good. But then the Graphene sluggo's influences in the P15 contributed to the DAC feeling a little lean. Then, knowing their sonic qualities and characters, replacing the hollow silver in the DAC with the pure copper sluggo was a sweet balancing act.

Yet like here... this came out of, and along with tube tuning changes, other system changes, and Synergy... Showing again how each thing, and how it all goes together, is such an important theme in our pursuits of beauty. As you pointed to... Synergy, when deeper, can make the sum of the parts magically better than the individual parts.

'
Anyway... finally, the complex of pretty distinctive individual sonic influences from each part on the whole is bigtime... At the same time, the sound of each individual part is influenced by all that makes a whole... So how can we collectively help each other more and more easily discern the qualities of each thing we love, and how those qualities effect, or might effect the whole.... Seems that the deeper the understanding, the more easily we can extrapolate from the experiences of others how something might work in our systems... with luck, saving ourselves, and each other, confusion and energy (including $), while allowing "the merry-go-round" many of us ride at times to turn into a more efficient path of discovery in our quest for the beauty!

Stone,

Those sound like some complex cables. I can imagine the sound being really nice with those materials and your blend.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #564 - 06/06/24 at 10:16:11

You make good points here Will, and in fact you are pointing out what makes this FORUM such a great place. We have all found Steve's products and in enjoying and exploring them we are reinforcing and experiencing Steve's love of sonic exploration and discovering components and their evolution towards playback refinement.

And many of us post frequently and honestly and share our experiences. And we get to know each other as co-travelers on the journey, and this knowledge helps each of us to understand the modus operandi of the elements of the hardware. We share this knowledge. . . organically, as parts of our direct and indirect references in the conversations, and as a result we also create a foundation for implementation in our own explorations. I sense how you, Kam, Groove, Palamino, James, Donnie and many others "hear" and digest the playback and the nature of various components, and as you point out this allows us to better evaluate what and how a part or machine or positioning may influence our own systems.

Not every forum even begins to approach this sort of communal archive and lending library of knowledge and philosophy and sharing of joy and frustration and plain sonic experience. We're really lucky in that regard. And because of this structure of musical and equipment friendship we also have Steve, Mark and others on the production and development end participating and enriching the gene pool. A further fortunate blessing.

In my recent Sluggo moves I've regained a healthy lower frequency foundation that enhances the "whole." Your early guidance towards the High Purity Copper and Mark's excellent advice steering me to the Super Duper and then the Graphene has me really excited by a new balance of frequencies and dynamics and texture. I don't know how many times I've hit a new "plateau" like this and said "this is the best sound I've ever had in my home". . . and I have a strong suspicion that due to the evolution and support and sharing of others here. . . there will be more times.

Life is good. So good. Because of music, and because of this communal curiosity and communicaton.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #565 - 06/06/24 at 17:24:52

To add to Lon's post a little: If we had this same thread on the Hoffman forum, it would be so full of skeptics and trolls within the first hours that the thread was devolve into in-fighting and sink like a stone. This forum, small though it may be, is almost like a long conversation between distant friends, and that's a much more satisifying experience for those of us who are a little more open-minded in our experiments and approach.

Audiogon is a decent amount better than SHF in this regard, but there's still a lot of arguing over there, which makes it more difficult and time-consuming to find the information you seek.

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Hearafter

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #566 - 06/06/24 at 17:49:42

+++ Bloodlemons.
I have spent several years on Agon and check in on Hoffman and a few others and the trolling, politics and skeptic arguing can grate on you.  I recently joined this forum after receiving my Torii Jr. in January and I find this a more intimate tight group that is refreshing.  I have learned so much on Agon and now here on Decware.  It’s a pleasure to listen and implement your shared experise.  Many Thanks!

Torii Jr V2
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #567 - 06/06/24 at 18:01:53

I wish I could like Lon’s post a thousand times.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Audeze LCD-XC
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #568 - 06/06/24 at 18:24:38

I agree, this is one of the refuges in a crazy world thank goodness, where we tend to carefully respect and support one another in our home audio quests.

Not just in audio, seems it is a mess out there in most arenas with so much cultivation of conflict now a political/cultural pattern. Such a shame, meanness and associated polarization becoming so widespread that it seems to be self-perpetuating, even revered. No doubt, that this forum is not so caught by that stuff is a reason many of us hang out here.

But we did not magically arrive at this special place. Like Lon said, Steve's creative hopes, dedication and excitement for making home audio better for himself and all of us has been, and remains an important foundation. But the forum has not stayed awake, friendly and informative without great effort by a lot of us trying to keep it civil, friendly and informative...trying to cultivate those patterns, and trying to solve deviations from them.

A healthy family in a disjointed world seems to take some work to be good and to get better, and off and on we have definitely had some rough challenges here in trying to hold onto and improve this place as the special place it is.

Luckily, with most of us noticing, loving, and supporting this pattern, this gives our special nature a lot of sustaining power. But even so, we have had to work pretty hard at times to clear up some folk's efforts to degrade these patterns by recalcitrantly trying to infuse our conversations with conflict. Luckily this has worked so far!

Smiley

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #569 - 06/06/24 at 19:14:06

Quote:
Posted by: will      Posted on: Today at 10:24:38

...But we did not magically arrive at this special place. Like Lon said, Steve's creative hopes, dedication and excitement for making home audio better for himself and all of us has been, and remains an important foundation. But the forum has not stayed awake, friendly and informative without great effort by a lot of us trying to keep it civil, friendly and informative...

I would also like to like Will's post a thousand times. I've been on the internet since before it was "The Internet" and I've seen countless useful online communities devolve into Mad Max dystopias because a small fraction of the population wouldn't treat other members of the community with respect and common courtesy. I am so grateful for all the posters here, and for the work that has gone into making and keeping this forum not only incredibly informative, but also (maybe esp.) so civil and friendly.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Audeze LCD-XC
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #570 - 06/06/24 at 19:36:23

There dozens of Will's posts I'd love to like that many times! I agree it has been some work and also lots of play to keep the atmosphere here as we like it. And what a resource!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #571 - 06/06/24 at 19:53:43

From CAJames:

"I wish I could like Lon’s post a thousand times."

What a nice line and sentiment!

And likewise Lon... Thanks for so many pointers over so many years.

It is really sweet how real we can be here... many thanks to all of us!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #572 - 06/06/24 at 20:41:05

Just as these are phenomenal products, this is a phenomenal place.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #573 - 06/06/24 at 21:34:28

I agree that the atmosphere here is one of support and discovery.

Thankfully it has kept true to it's roots and not devolved into spats and hatred.

Let's keep it positive and hopefully we can all listen to our music as we would like to hear it.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #574 - 06/06/24 at 21:44:11

I think it helps that our fearless leader constantly refers to the "Audio Gods" as his inspiration for new designs. That's a pretty high bar for unconventional thinking compared to what the rest of us are usually tinkering with and chatting about.  ;D

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #575 - 06/06/24 at 23:54:30

Here here! In complete in agreement with Will and other esteemed members regarding the atmosphere.  I bet there are more than a handful of members who don’t have Decware gear, but who contribute to and or learn from our community.  

Come for the knowledge—stay for the camaraderie.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #576 - 06/07/24 at 02:23:14

Agreed about the good people gathered here, it's very refreshing compared to just about any other forum I regularly read. As a relative newb compared to some of you, I've felt welcomed. I read as many posts as I can and it's been a huge education which is in no way near done. Thanks to everyone for being great and also willing to share your knowledge, it's beyond invaluable.  

Will, as I read your post I kept thinking "the dog caught the car, now what???"

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #577 - 06/07/24 at 04:30:33

Hey Sean. My wife and I lived and worked most of our adult lives as potters, off grid, in wild nature a mile from our nearest neighbor. So we were unusually "unhooked" from day to day culture, and unusually "hooked up" to the natural world. We would get sucked into the whiles of TV like 5 year olds visiting people, but never had one hooked up in our house except for videos and streaming. And somewhere in the late 80s or early 90s, for the most part, we gave up being "responsibly informed" people via radio news. We noticed it rarely gave us information we could use to improve our lives or the world (or that we wouldn't hear in the grapevine anyway), yet it brought us the troubles of the whole world every day, and was pretty good at riling us up and depressing us by showing the state we were in as a species. So you can imagine how much I am on social media!

Anyway, my sheltered life might explain why "the dog caught the car, now what???" made me smile, but unfamiliar, it was hard for me to quite get. Then I figured you were talking about my post where I was trying to describe how the music was so real in so many ways, I couldn't really find flaws.

If that is the case, not to worry. Wink

Seems a fundamental of nature is that everything is based in transformation, so perception and discernment are always changing. And no doubt, everything that makes the system is changing with time and running power and signal through it ...  So I imagine other cars will show up!

Will

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #578 - 06/07/24 at 15:04:40

Will, yes you figured it out correctly! Sorry, I should have been less cryptic there!

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #579 - 06/07/24 at 18:50:40

Good Day All,

After fighting the rigors of SnubWay delivery for the last 10 days - this was/is a welcome relief

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/vera-fi-audio-swiss-digit...

It's been so frustrating these last 10 days. Weather just killing us in Damien's locale, DHL changing Tracking Information on us - then after getting to Customs Clearance in Cincinnati we traveled onward to Lousiville KY only to be stranded there since the 3rd. We ended up in Chicago last night - promsing to be delivered to local USPS near Robinson, IL (where Damien is) and then FINALLY x 3 to Damien tomorrow.

All because DHL has decided they don't deliver to Damien's address --- lost all that time to "Last Mile" with USPS...

I think that just all finally came out - emotional vomit as I've been so upset about this...

As Rosanne Rosanna Danna used to say ---- NEVER MIND

Please enjoy this wonderful Review from Tom Gibbs and Positive Feedback

Best to all - Mark

IP Logged
S of T
Verified Member

Reply #580 - 06/07/24 at 21:18:35

......long conversation between distant friends. Well put bloodlemons. I have been conversing with Lon from the original Forum since 2001 (yes 2001). ...and others, forgive me if I forget from that first year.

Jeff of Arabica......Jeff, I speak to often via text over the past few years. Plan on meeting him at the Dallas show next year. However, I could surprise him in Anaheim this late fall .......once he opens.
www.stonegroovestillhouse.com

SonyTPort
Illuminations D60
ShunyataZ-AlphaDigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
KimberKS1030 IC
XLOProPcord
DecwareZMA/25thMods
to PSAudioP3
ZDSD&ZMA HCOut
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #581 - 06/07/24 at 21:39:23

A great review! I am really enjoying the Graphene Sluggo in my PS Audio P15. A truly detailed but meaty presentation!

We're getting closer to the Snubways!

IP Logged
S of T
Verified Member

Reply #582 - 06/07/24 at 21:41:29

Mark, I can relate on a personal level....having a ship to and bill to and USPS vs. Fedx or UPS....it's a nightmare when I order something......55 and older retirement .....beautiful Park ....but pain in the Arse!

Yes, reading the follow up review now..........

and yes, I just told Kamran couple posts above.....I'm good on the HP Sluggo.....yeah right? I will order the graphene.......

I have taken so many calculated consequences with to and from shipping and 5% restocking fees.....
this is a no brainer .....peanuts.

SonyTPort
Illuminations D60
ShunyataZ-AlphaDigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
KimberKS1030 IC
XLOProPcord
DecwareZMA/25thMods
to PSAudioP3
ZDSD&ZMA HCOut
  IP Logged
S of T
Verified Member

Reply #583 - 06/07/24 at 22:24:41

bloodlemons, the Hoffman Forum.....yeah.

They attacked the 300B Sarah in development....and Lon so eloquently navigated their ignorance and hubris.

SonyTPort
Illuminations D60
ShunyataZ-AlphaDigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
KimberKS1030 IC
XLOProPcord
DecwareZMA/25thMods
to PSAudioP3
ZDSD&ZMA HCOut
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #584 - 06/07/24 at 23:24:19

Congratulations Mark & Damien on the wonderful review. The SDFB has been such a major upgrade in my system. Ordering another for my CSP3 this weekend.

Also, I know both of you take the VeraFi Audio offerings and customer service seriously. I'd chalk the SnubWay shipping delay up as a lesson learned with the relocation of your distribution center. There are just some things in life we simply can't control, like the weather, etc  Personally I have faith in the great team you have assembled Mark. The quality of your products and responsive communications speak volumes to me. It's something sorely missing in so many people these days.

Rock on and blessings to you and your families.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #585 - 06/08/24 at 00:13:17

Listening to some open and spacious Shakuhachi Flute today, Michael Chikuzen Gould "Floating Clouds," and then the darker, denser and fuller Olafur Arnolds "Livingroom Songs," the system remains amazing in its heightened form!

The Shakuhachi, reasonably well recorded, shows so many subtler things, in the instrument, and in all the transitions from the instrument into spaces. It can also tend a little into oversaturated/intense with some hard blows. For both reasons it is a decent test recording with system sound shifts.

And "Livingroom Songs" being quite warm and full, is also good for hearing how the finest detail, inner detail, and spatial information are revealed. Also, I think this is one of those recordings where they intentionally introduce some distortions to increase "natural sound" lucidity and textures or whatever... Another recording that feels this way to me is Patricia Barber's "Nightclub." I used to like this sort of manipulation, but as the system gets better resolved, it can sound a little too much like minor distortions creating the lucid feeling they stimulate.... Similarly for me, too much tonal coloration guised as "warmth" can be irritating, either making me work a little to balance into musical beauty. I like Livingroom Songs for testing, both for its strong warmth, and for what I perceive as intentional distortion.

My front end is worked over in many ways to be resolving and synergistic. From the cable into the computer, to the computer itself, to the OS and player software, the particular outboard drive.... all digital cables optimized... seriously modified USB Bridge and DAC... It acts like an amazing front end, not a grouping of cool things. And it has been good enough for such a long time I am often a little shocked when folks still complain about "digital."

Nothing has changed there recently except putting the hollow Rhodium plated silver fuse replacement in the DAC, and moving the hollow pure silver from the DAC to the CSP3... The USB Bridge still has a Golden State solid silver slug that it has had for quite a while.

And as I pointed to earlier, a number of changes are coming into fruition together here, including these hollow slugs probably getting pretty burned in now, so it is difficult to attribute this level of beauty to any one thing.

But still, subtle in some ways, it sounds like something really good is happening in the digital to analog realm... It is like there is a heightened level of integration and smoothness from within a very complete, complex, and spacious matrix. The front end sounds a bit more resolved in all levels of detail and space, while having beautiful speed complexity... all good stuff... but it is the silky smoothness without slowness, dullness or darkness that is pretty notable as a system shift.

All of this makes me think the timing, both digital and analog, is really good... lacking smearing that can without knowing easily damage subtle musical information that is so important to sounding real. It is easiest to read in the textural and spatial realms, but as importantly, it awakens smooth "warmth" and "liquidity" by infusing them with complexity of fine spacious detail. So with Livingroom Songs, the pretty intensely full warmth is not dark or dull.

Again... from analytical listening, this is not a massive shift here, sounding quite close overall as before. But it is powerfully expressed in the whole experience, where refined revelation with amazing smoothness changes the experience in all ways, especially in the context of other system tuning coming to fruition together with this front end shift. So though subtle in some ways, it is major as far as I can tell...still holding, if not stronger, as a new level I have not heard.

And how much of it is the slug's character changing the component sound as we have come to expect...this Rhodium plated hollow silver definitely letting me further into the recordings with this DAC. Yet everything is so beautifully resolved and silky smooth.... with all nuances there, I figure it must be increasing digital conversion finesse along with all else.

I have had a nice polished copper slug with graphene oil in the DAC since I first modified it years ago. Then a Golden State solid silver with graphene oil for some months...  then a hollow silver for maybe a month, and now Rhodium plated hollow silver. All were good, but none before have done this thing I am experiencing.

Tricky to read exactly, as everything I do in tuning contributes to these same qualities from the music, but I am pretty sure that whatever the Rhodium plated slug is doing with the electrons into and out of my DAC processes is significant in the big picture. As is what it is doing in this particular DAC overall... that open Rhodium spaciousness and hit revealing the music more completely and with more dexterity, beautifully matched in the context of this system/room.

When things are this "right" it grabs me once again how complete a 16/44.1 file can be (other than a few early Flac experiments, all I have)... With all other balances nicely balanced individually and collectively, seems that as the timing gets more right throughout my system/room, it gets difficult to discern how much of what I experience is the sound, and how much is space... The space allowing the well resolved sounds to be, pretty vast complexities emerge with smooth resolution and grace.

So beautiful... the alive smooth clarity is magical, and as hard as I try, I can't really discern transitions from the fundamentals into harmonic overtones and spatial information.... it is all so present and completely integrated it pulls me in, and becoming part of it, it brings tears to my eyes.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #586 - 06/08/24 at 13:49:44

I sympathize. With the recent additions of SDFB and Sluggos and the shift to the Black Treasure 300B-Z and to 6CG7 driver tubes I am hearing deep into recordings with lifelike dynamics and a great balance of frequencies. I probably should log out of this forum and just rest on this plateau without learning of new parts, components, philosophies and modus operandi that will change things in even the most subtle ways--I'm that satisfied.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #587 - 06/08/24 at 16:47:33

Well I do wish you good luck with that! Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #588 - 06/08/24 at 17:07:01

Ha, it will never happen. This place is more than under my skin, it's soft tissue.

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #589 - 06/08/24 at 23:23:30

I wanted to take a moment and personally thank Kamran. I believe he somehow knew and understood how frustrated I'd personally become over the late deliveries of SnubWay

He telephoned me - we missed each other... but then we connected and I let go emotionally how unhappy I was with DHL and their utter BS with respect to Damien's address "being not deliverable for them. This was just nutty as we had delivery from them before to his address.

The saga of travels then began -

SnubWays went from Cincinnati to Lexington KY to Xhicago Il to a Post Office near Robinson IL but NOT Robinson IL to finally Robinson and at the very last moments of Saturday Delivery to Robinson and onward to his place. Like nother I've ever seen or experienced.

And here they are... May shipments commence.

My very sincere apologies for being as late as we are. Weather and DHL be damned -

Kamran... I will NOT forget your call to me. Seriously Man... THANK YOU

As I told you - the Grace and Kindness shown to this little company will not be forgotten

Peace

ENJOY One and All...

445804920_697175062500536_2548434259760534168_n_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #590 - 06/11/24 at 06:29:18

Today I received the Graphene Sluggo,  and tonight I had the pleasure of listening to it.  All I can say is that it is very impressive - right from the start. My system sounds great. Fresh, clear, one of those big steps in the right direction, not a subtle change. Perhaps just a bit bright, but I am still in hours 1-4, I bet it will mellow some.

Thanks Mark. I know we are also celebrating getting Snubway out today, and I look forward to it soon. In the mean time, this Sluggo is more than I expected.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #591 - 06/11/24 at 06:34:11

Tony -- Which Sluggo did you swap out for the Graphene?

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #592 - 06/11/24 at 06:55:26

I swapped out the Super Sluggo. I think it is also referred as Gold Plated Copper,  but from my notes, it was Super Sluggo.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #593 - 06/11/24 at 07:50:19

That sounds right re: the Super Sluggo. Thanks for letting me know; it's hard to keep track of everyone's baseline to compare when they're trying new things.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print