Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/08/24 at 23:52:47 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Swiss Digital FUSE BOX (Read 72853 times)
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #650 - 07/03/24 at 08:30:01

I was not expecting this so soon, but within the last two hours or so, the initial Graphene bass bloat has tightened up considerably. Detail and soundstage are working together now, not fighting the low end. Things are sounding pretty great!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #651 - 07/03/24 at 14:07:54

@bloodlemons

Good Morning

My own experience with Graphene is this - 40 hours gets you 75% of the way home - 150 hours and you reach 90 percent - 300 hours you get the full deal

WHY

This is the ONLY Sluggo that using a Vacuum Depositing methodology to produce the end result. There is an actual CURING PROCESS involved here.

Graphene may not be for everyone - I get that...

I like the net results with Graphene (for my system)...

I am in contact with several of you re Graphene and I am enjoying the back and forth. I will hafve less time aftert today for about a week as wer prepare to ship Mainstream and SnubWay back orders. As new(er) products emerge there is always an information need

ENJOY ALL

Happy 4th

Best wishes

Mark

PS - cool new ad on Tracking Angle found here (Main Stream)

https://trackingangle.com/

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #652 - 07/03/24 at 15:45:16

Thanks for the info and thoughts, Mark. Have a great 4th of July!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #653 - Today at 01:28:20

Hey Will, you’re right—the amp’s fuse holder is certainly more accessible compared to the source gear.  Since I hold your and Lon’s ear in the absolute highest regard, I will certainly end up playing around with it in the near future.  

In the meantime, some other tweaks and changes are taking up my time and attention.

And I am also planning on getting my 4th SDFB  ;D

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #654 - Today at 01:38:03

Kam: a fourth SDFB

To be honest, I could easily imagine that being a further improvement. Just can't see affording another proper power cord and SDFB in the near future.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #655 - Today at 03:25:30

LOL Lon!

Thank God I had already downed my sip of soda before I saw your post, otherwise, I’d have spit it out!

Yes, I’ve meaning to add it to my Phoenix Net for quite some time, and have been biding my time. I also wanted to try out Mark’s super piggy as well, which I plan to get with this order.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #656 - Today at 16:20:23

FWIW, I'm running most of my gear without individual SDFBs into SDFB-protected Sorcers... Since the the fuse box itself doesn't add or detract from the overall sound, it seems like a reasonable compromise to me. I can definitely verify that the fuse boxes work -- it's a very careful game of power cord Jenga to figure out how many is too many into any one Sorcer...

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #657 - Today at 16:22:41

I should add that whatever misgivings I initially had about the Graphene Sluggos are now completely dispelled. I just realized a moment ago that I haven't thought about the change in Sluggos in days. Everything sounds great now!

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Reply #658 - Today at 16:51:20

“Great” is not a particularly helpful description. The question is specifically what does it sound like absolutely or relative to the other sluggos, in terms of tonality and other characteristics.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #659 - Today at 17:03:01

My take: when fully seasoned the Graphene is set apart by "resolution" I suppose is the best way to describe it. I hear just a bit more of the piano soundboard in solo piano recordings, a bit more of the cymbal resonance in well-recorded drum solos, a bit more room presence. It's easy to get used to and noticed when absent with other Sluggos.

I'd say that the Graphene is not at all warm. Accurate, not bright or etched.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #660 - Today at 17:46:39

Good point, highstream. I am pretty busy with work today but I will try to supply some more detailed impressions when I have a minute for myself (and you)...

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #661 - Today at 23:09:55

Not wishing to offend - but this was a fine read today

Thanks

Mark

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/graphene-sluggo-unlocking-sonic-scenery#2...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print