Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 10:40:41 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Swiss Digital FUSE BOX (Read 75677 times)
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #650 - 07/03/24 at 08:30:01

I was not expecting this so soon, but within the last two hours or so, the initial Graphene bass bloat has tightened up considerably. Detail and soundstage are working together now, not fighting the low end. Things are sounding pretty great!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #651 - 07/03/24 at 14:07:54

@bloodlemons

Good Morning

My own experience with Graphene is this - 40 hours gets you 75% of the way home - 150 hours and you reach 90 percent - 300 hours you get the full deal

WHY

This is the ONLY Sluggo that using a Vacuum Depositing methodology to produce the end result. There is an actual CURING PROCESS involved here.

Graphene may not be for everyone - I get that...

I like the net results with Graphene (for my system)...

I am in contact with several of you re Graphene and I am enjoying the back and forth. I will hafve less time aftert today for about a week as wer prepare to ship Mainstream and SnubWay back orders. As new(er) products emerge there is always an information need

ENJOY ALL

Happy 4th

Best wishes

Mark

PS - cool new ad on Tracking Angle found here (Main Stream)

https://trackingangle.com/

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #652 - 07/03/24 at 15:45:16

Thanks for the info and thoughts, Mark. Have a great 4th of July!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #653 - 07/08/24 at 01:28:20

Hey Will, you’re right—the amp’s fuse holder is certainly more accessible compared to the source gear.  Since I hold your and Lon’s ear in the absolute highest regard, I will certainly end up playing around with it in the near future.  

In the meantime, some other tweaks and changes are taking up my time and attention.

And I am also planning on getting my 4th SDFB  ;D

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #654 - 07/08/24 at 01:38:03

Kam: a fourth SDFB

To be honest, I could easily imagine that being a further improvement. Just can't see affording another proper power cord and SDFB in the near future.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #655 - 07/08/24 at 03:25:30

LOL Lon!

Thank God I had already downed my sip of soda before I saw your post, otherwise, I’d have spit it out!

Yes, I’ve meaning to add it to my Phoenix Net for quite some time, and have been biding my time. I also wanted to try out Mark’s super piggy as well, which I plan to get with this order.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #656 - 07/08/24 at 16:20:23

FWIW, I'm running most of my gear without individual SDFBs into SDFB-protected Sorcers... Since the the fuse box itself doesn't add or detract from the overall sound, it seems like a reasonable compromise to me. I can definitely verify that the fuse boxes work -- it's a very careful game of power cord Jenga to figure out how many is too many into any one Sorcer...

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #657 - 07/08/24 at 16:22:41

I should add that whatever misgivings I initially had about the Graphene Sluggos are now completely dispelled. I just realized a moment ago that I haven't thought about the change in Sluggos in days. Everything sounds great now!

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Reply #658 - 07/08/24 at 16:51:20

“Great” is not a particularly helpful description. The question is specifically what does it sound like absolutely or relative to the other sluggos, in terms of tonality and other characteristics.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #659 - 07/08/24 at 17:03:01

My take: when fully seasoned the Graphene is set apart by "resolution" I suppose is the best way to describe it. I hear just a bit more of the piano soundboard in solo piano recordings, a bit more of the cymbal resonance in well-recorded drum solos, a bit more room presence. It's easy to get used to and noticed when absent with other Sluggos.

I'd say that the Graphene is not at all warm. Accurate, not bright or etched.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #660 - 07/08/24 at 17:46:39

Good point, highstream. I am pretty busy with work today but I will try to supply some more detailed impressions when I have a minute for myself (and you)...

IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #661 - 07/08/24 at 23:09:55

Not wishing to offend - but this was a fine read today

Thanks

Mark

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/graphene-sluggo-unlocking-sonic-scenery#2...

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #662 - 07/09/24 at 00:55:37

That is a truly excellent write-up! Congrats, Mark!

Also, "Fuse Box Max?" What is this? I can't keep up!

IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #663 - 07/09/24 at 01:16:45

@bloodlemons

Current SDFB can only service up to 12 amps

MAX can do 32 amps. Chassis about 50% bigger with all major parts (MicroP, Hall Effect Sensor and Relay) up to the task

I will post some pictures soon

Thanks - Mark

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #664 - 07/09/24 at 01:45:51

Geez, Gladmo continues to receive so much doubt on Audiogon. He should join here instead. Great write up!

IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #665 - 07/09/24 at 02:29:03

@Kamran

I can share with you that @gladmo is one of the m ost astute listeners I have EVER known - this goes back to my Infinity Days, Genesis, Alchemy etc etc.

He's also a very nice fellow Smiley

I hope he is invited to join

Thanks

Mark

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #666 - 07/09/24 at 04:11:14

About an hour ago I placed an order through the Verafi site for a few more Graphene Sluggos (which might tell you something about how they are settling in with my system), and about three minutes later I got a call from the man himself! Yep, Mark proves time and time again that he possesses one of the most congenial personalities in the audio world. There was really no reason to call me about my order, but he did anyway, just to say thank you. Kinda made my night!

He also filled me in on a few new developments on the horizon. I am SWORN TO SECRECY, but I will say Mark was talking about bold new products, more-or-less unlike what we're used to seeing from Verafi of late. I really don't know how he does it, but the beat goes on...

IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #667 - 07/09/24 at 14:05:14

Good Morning...

@bloodlemons - many thanks. Always enjoy our spirited conversations.

Best wishes

Mark

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #668 - 07/09/24 at 18:42:52

Quote:
the initial Graphene bass bloat has tightened up considerably.

Huh, when I had the graphene in bloat was the last thing on my mind when listening to it. It was super clean tight and precise. Mark, Did the processing change? or is it only of those anomalies?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #669 - 07/09/24 at 20:06:03

@GroovySauce

Yes indeed - after the feedback you and others shared... I did complain and changed two parameters dealing with the Graphene Sluggo

Coatintg Thickness and Vacuum Deposting mentodology (time and more)

Many thanks as always

Mark

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #670 - 07/09/24 at 20:14:50

In all my years of reading this forum and another audio forum I've come to the conclusion that each component, tube, fuse, etc. can sound different from person to person and room to room etc.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #671 - 07/09/24 at 20:16:48

Oh, absolutely. Also, my room is untreated. I have a pretty busy decorating style, so there aren’t really a lot of reflective surfaces to worry about, But I have been putting off, trying out some first reflection panels for quite a while.

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #672 - 07/10/24 at 16:02:12

@Verafi Mark-
Hi Mark, Can you clarify what fuses you can replace with Sluggos and have your component protected.  My understanding is the SDFB  is only intended to protect the power input fuse not the internal fuses of the component.   Wouldn’t replacing internal fuses  with Sluggos leave the internal component exposed to damage in a failure or am I off base here?  Thanks

Torii Jr V2 w/ Copper Bypass
Space-Tech Lab STR-104 Super Rectifier
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
SDFB w/Piggy and Silver Slugs
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #673 - 07/10/24 at 16:04:42

@Hereafter

While many people advocate using Sluggos in "other areas" we ONLY advocate using SDFB and Sluggo on the Mains

Our instruction state this as well...

Many thanks

Mark

IP Logged
verafi
Seasoned Member

Reply #674 - 07/10/24 at 16:12:43

Good Morning All...

After some healthy back and forth this will be my last post on these forums

I'm a guest here - and we are absorbing way too much bandwidth and time in a place that's not our own.

I respect and fully endorse this.

There are two ways to contact me easily

my e-mail is verafiaudio@gmail.com

my google voice for calls or text messages is 818.584.6870

Thanks to Steve for extending the courtesy he has.

All is well... here via the above if you need me

Best wishes - Mark

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #675 - 07/10/24 at 18:01:57

Thanks Mark. For those who have any interest in offerings and updates on Vera-Fi products, I suggest following Mark Shifter on Facebook. All the latest news on products, etc.

Peace out on the Decware Forum Mark.

Best wishes,

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR MWI modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th A preamp > ZMA-25th A amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > SDFB's > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print