Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/17/24 at 13:18:40 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
Swiss Digital FUSE BOX (Read 98154 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #700 - 08/03/24 at 01:07:43

I've had a few power conditioners and they all have had some sort of impact.

Right now, I'm really happy with the Torus AVR 15 with the Snubway, Main Stream, Puron and Eau4. All of them are plugged into the Torus.

I also have the DigiBUSS plugged into the Torus using as an extention to plug the STR into. The DigiBUSS and UberBUSS also have passive effects.

My guess with power conditioners is that your specific power situation drives what will work best. I enjoy the transformer conditioners. Decware makes one. The difference with the Torus is, it's an autoformer and has multiple taps with circuits that can change the voltage to keep it as close to 120v as possible.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #701 - 08/03/24 at 02:09:24

I hate to say it on this forum, but I had the Decware ZLC and I didn't feel like it made a difference either way. I finally sold it, hopefully to someone who appreciates it more. It just didn't do anything for me at all.

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/Reed 3P arm & Benz Micro Ebony cart; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm & ZYX Ultimate Exceed Airy cart or Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Lightspeed Attenuator; Space Tech Labs STR 1004 & 104; Sorcer X4+; SDFBs; Graphene Sluggos in all
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #702 - 08/03/24 at 07:15:14

So, Graphene in all of my components now, cooking for about a day...

Unreal. And they're not even settled in. But I can hear it starting to happen.

Miles Davis, Sketches of Spain. One of my favorite albums. But it's like I've never heard it before. I am actually SURPRISED by what happens next in the song. How? I don't know! But that is what's happening.

I'm just here on my couch, being all astonished. Unreal.

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/Reed 3P arm & Benz Micro Ebony cart; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm & ZYX Ultimate Exceed Airy cart or Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Lightspeed Attenuator; Space Tech Labs STR 1004 & 104; Sorcer X4+; SDFBs; Graphene Sluggos in all
  IP Logged
S of T

Reply #703 - 08/05/24 at 16:29:41

Stone back in action.......
I moved and was on vacation. Two weeks in the beautiful Hudson Valley and NYC. Saw Robert Plant & Alison Krauss at Bethel Woods (Woodstock). Yankee game, St Marks Place/Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti Album cover art location ...Stones Waiting on a Friend....saw some old friends too.

Finally, have my Systems set up in my new Digs. I'm going to reacquaint myself with my current sluggo...then get the graphene.

Holding off on the Snubway and Mainstream.....I feel my Kimver PK-10 Palladian from wall to P3....with DAC and ZMA running non-waved from HC outlet sounds very good. However, curiosity will probably get me.

SonyTPort
Illuminations D60
ShunyataZ-AlphaDigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
KimberKS1030 IC
XLOProPcord
DecwareZMA/25thMods
DIYKimber6063&6065/SCables
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
KimberPK10Palladian from wall
to PSAudioP3
ZDSD&ZMA HCOut
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #704 - 08/05/24 at 16:47:22

Glad that moving ordeal is over Larry. I think when you get to it you will enjoy the Graphene Sluggo.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hifimark
Verified Member

Reply #705 - 08/11/24 at 00:40:18

Hi,

I have seen quite a few references in the thread to either silver or hollow silver slugs sourced from China.  Does anyone have the links for these please?

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #706 - 08/11/24 at 00:53:52

Hifimark- here you go.

Grey Knight high fidelity pure silver fuse silver pillar 5 * 20mm/6 * 25mm power supply with filter fuse tube amplifier fuse

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK1oJmU

Torii Jr V2 w/ Copper Bypass
Space-Tech Lab STR-104 Super Rectifier
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
SDFB w/Piggy and Silver Slugs
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #707 - 08/11/24 at 05:05:25

It looks like you can only buy one at a time. Am I missing something there?

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #708 - 08/11/24 at 05:16:15

You can order multiple different fuses…Select the fuse desired, enter +quantify, select arrow to right, add to cart, then go back and select another fuse to add to cart…

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
hifimark
Verified Member

Reply #709 - 08/14/24 at 16:14:03

Thx for that! @hearafter

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #710 - 08/17/24 at 16:28:30

I just ordered another Graphene Sluggo to use in my DAC. Sigh. It never ends, but I think this will be a step up from the High Purity Copper one in there now.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #711 - 08/18/24 at 07:13:42

According to my last post on the subject, I've had my Graphene in all components for about two weeks. Only one week in the repaired STR-1002/1004.

I really, really hate the "bloat" phase with Graphene. It makes you really question if you know what you're doing.

But yesterday, it all just came together. Once again. It's crazy how all of sudden everything just sounds "right" again. Knowing that things will continue to improve over time is a very nice prospect.

So, here's a thought: Will a Sluggo that sounds "right"  ever stop sounding "right?" Is there a tipping point at some... point? The only constant is change, right?

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Reply #712 - 08/18/24 at 11:31:45

There’s no reason why it won’t settle into its mature state after awhile, maybe by 300 hours, more or less, like everything else. After that, continuing change is possible; people sometimes report changes continue up to 1000 hours or more with some components. But I wouldn’t think indefinitely, as if the sluggo would degrade.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #713 - 08/24/24 at 19:31:00

The Graphene Sluggo is in place in the PS Audio DSD DAC Mk II. No real bloat so far, in fact it is a bit mellower and "less forceful" in sound than the High Purity Copper Sluggo it replaced, which I think will prove to be a good thing. Me likey so far!

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #714 - 08/26/24 at 15:01:07

If you are not aware of it, the graphene sluggo is 20% off until the end of the month sent via email.
Bob

Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th/Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #715 - 08/26/24 at 15:03:00

Yes, I used the discount for the one I have in place now, and also for one I ordered this morning.

The SDFB and Sluggos are really interesting tools for sonic improvement.

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #716 - 08/26/24 at 19:12:10

Ok, Ok, Ok I have finally caved in and ordered a Graphene Sluggo over the weekend to see how it sounds in my system. Will compare it in the Torii Jr. (gold plated copper), Supratek Pre (hollow silver/rhodium)and DAC (solid silver).  I have really tried to get off the fuse now Sluggo upgrade train but I am a sucker for a discount.😩

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #717 - 08/26/24 at 19:56:26

You'll like it. Hopefully (lol) you'll find it dark/bloated at first so I don't feel so alone!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #718 - 08/29/24 at 10:59:14

My second Graphene Sluggo has settled in very nicely and wow, the subtle detail that this step up in resolution brings is very satisfying. No lack of bass but without the "push" that the High Purity Copper was bringing with the bass.

My third and final Graphene Sluggo hasn't yet shipped. The two mesh very well with the Super Duper Sluggo in the SEWE300B (which I am calling "Millie" to myself now as it's a thoroughly modern Millie of a 300B amp). I'm intrigued though to hear a Graphene Sluggo with each of my three SDFBs.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #719 - 08/30/24 at 09:46:08

Hereafter, I think you'll really enjoy the Graphene Sluggo. Another day has shown me what is my favorite aspect of it: there is a new level of organically woven detail that places the presentation a bit deeper behind the speakers and with a bit more separation (and therefore distance further back for some). Adds just another little dollop of "realism" and "naturalness' to the sound. My third and final one shipped so early next week I should be pulling "Millie" out and installing that for its initial seasoning to start.

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #720 - 08/30/24 at 16:54:00

Lon, on my second day with my first Graphene Sluggo (prior slug was gold/copper) in my Torii Jr and right out of the gate I could hear the difference as you noted.   I am hearing fine details in the background I have not heard.  The bass is tighter but heavier and seems increased in volume.   Music comes out further into the room with more detail.  I tried the sluggo in my preamp and just didn’t make an impact like my Torii Jr.  In my pre it sounded somewhat congested and a slight bloat in the bass compared to my hollow silver/rhodium slug.  Again, just day two so we’ll see if the needle moves with more hours.  I did notice the graphene sluggo gets quite hot when changing it out compared to the metal sluggos. I do like it in my Torri. Still have a DAC to try it on.  Now the decision to buy a second one or not. 🤔

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #721 - 08/30/24 at 17:57:50

Awesome, glad you are getting such good results. I'll be trying one in my amp soon, I think the one in my DAC made the most difference, BUT there was one in my regenerator for far longer so the second built on the signature of the first. . . .

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Reply #722 - 08/30/24 at 18:17:05

How did the regenerator handle the SDFB, relative to other components? Are you using an Extreme Piggy on that one? I have a PS Audio P15 and was thinking of adding one there as the next step. I've already got SDFBs and Extreme Piggy's on a dac and preamp, and just put a graphene in the latter, in place of a copper (the dac has a brass).

Btw, as a side note, in additional to all that I've been experimenting with a plug-in ground router from Russ Andrews (UK) and their ground cables (the plug-in version is for those who can't handle an outdoor ground rod). Right now, the combined effect of four signal grounds and a chassis one is stunningly good (open, dynamic, present), taking my system far beyond where it's ever been.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #723 - 08/30/24 at 19:48:28

I don't have any Piggies. I am using the same power cords before the SDFBs as I was using to the components before.

The SDFB for my P15 was the first SDFB I purchased and used. I would say that it works really well as it inspired me to buy two more! I think that the SDFBs are working equally well in each component and I totally enjoy the system with the Sluggos I have now (two Graphenes and a Super Duper in the amplifier) and bet that when I get that third Graphene for the amplifier it will be another positive move forward.

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Reply #724 - 08/30/24 at 20:57:04

Thanks. I started the SDFBs with adapters and then used WyWires power cords, a Platinum and a top of the line Diamond. The change was obviously substantial, but it seemed like a waste to be using high priced 4-6’ cords on such a short run. Mark had written me about his sourcing and said that the Extreme Piggy was built to his specs and was really good but had to be built as 2’ and thus would be more expensive. He was correct.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #725 - 08/30/24 at 21:36:16

That's cool. I think that the best situation would likely be to use the same cord before and after the SDFB and I had enough PS Audio PerfectWave AC-12 cords to do so. I love the resulting sound from these cords with the SDFBs.

I like the AC-12 a lot, and my entire main system is powered with these; I like the Ohno copper content in these, I also have that in my speaker cables, and Ohno copper and Ohno silver conductors (not plated, separate metal conductors) in my interconnects by VooDoo Cable, Stradivarius Amati and Stradivarius Cremona.

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Reply #726 - 08/30/24 at 22:08:43

I find the loss with the 2’ Extreme Piggy relative to the WW Diamond to be very small, perhaps a little in bass oomph (larger gauge). The SDFB is having its own effects in between the two cords. Yes, as a former user of an AC-12 loom, I seem to recall mentioning that I was able keep their tonality while improving everything else substantially in going over to the WyWires Platinum. Cable construction has come a long way since the PSA’s AC series. The Diamond goes further, following the observation of either Sablon Mark or ZenWave Dave that as the equipment improves so is there a drift in listener preference to a somewhat less warm sound.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #727 - 08/30/24 at 22:23:47

I already had extra cords and saved money by not buying Piggies which looked inferior to me. I'm sure there are better cables, but I'm not going to buy any. When I had the money due to a house sale I spent the money and I don't have it now and I've tailored the system around my cabling happily and I'm sticking with it. I am happy for you if you found happiness with WireWorld. (I have a pair of WireWorld XLR cables which are. . . okay).I really don't find the signature of a full AC-12 loom to be "warm" and if it is, I need that warmth, anything less would throw things off as I am always fighting "brightness" due to my difficult room I cannot properly treat. Tube-rolling and Sluggo choice, electrical cleansing and isolation etc. really help me.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #728 - 09/03/24 at 10:26:08

I think the Graphene Sluggo in my DAC has settled in, and the third one now in my SEWE300B amp is getting there. . . .

What a difference a Sluggo makes! All are interesting. . . but this Graphene seems the end game for me, with one in each of the components connected to a SDFB there is a fullness and "accuracy" that I think is a product of increased resolution, and there is a very flowing dynamics that seems natural and "organic."

I thank those that have trail-blazed the Graphene ahead of me and spurred my following in that direction. These Graphene Sluggos are just plain awesome.

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #729 - 09/03/24 at 16:22:25

Lon, “End Game” HaHa that's a good one 🤣… that’s like a mirage that disappears as you get closer.  I have enjoyed my Graphene Sluggo enough to order 2 more 😩.  The Graphene Sluggos do sound excellent and a noticeable SQ  improvement.  A couple rectifiers on order to roll in my preamp and I am done for now…🤣 one can dream of overcoming an addiction!

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #730 - 09/03/24 at 18:01:46

Well. . . it's end game for Sluggos. . . until Mark comes out with his Silver Surfer Cosmic Eternal Bliss Sluggo. Which I hope will be a while.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #731 - 09/03/24 at 19:45:42

The SSCEB Sluggos coming out? I want one of those! Smiley

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Sonore opticalRendu | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
LiquidBlue
Seasoned Member

Reply #732 - 09/03/24 at 22:05:22

Lon, thanks for your feedback. I ordered a pair of graphene sluggos last week for my amp and preamp. Currently, I have a HP copper in the pre and a Super Sluggo in the amp. I’m hoping they will ship soon, along with the Main Stream that I’d ordered when you all did. I think it missed the cutoff before the recent move, so is delayed. Your impressions fuel the anticipation that much more!

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Omega Super Alnico Monitors>REL T7i
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #733 - 09/03/24 at 22:35:05

Still waiting for a Mainstream to ship. Ordered three graphene sluggos last Monday, got shipping notification yesterday.

Technics 1210G, Phasemation PP-500, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, UFO25, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #734 - 09/06/24 at 22:16:06

I don't know that Mark is going to be able to top the Graphene. I can't think of a "better" conductive material that would work in audio application. I could imagine him refining and improving the Graphene somehow... Remember that it was only a few months ago that the graphene layer was flaking off some Sluggos. That doesn't seem to be happening anymore. That can't be the only potential improvement, I would guess.

IP Logged
hifimark
Verified Member

Reply #735 - 09/13/24 at 23:27:07

Well my 3 SDFBs have now landed in the UK after a few hiccups and should be with me Tuesday.  Graphene Sluggo included and 3 UK sized plug fuses too, so I get 2 fuses replaced per piece of equipment.  Fingers crossed I will get a nice uplift....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print