Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
06/18/24 at 13:53:24 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beethoven's last 3 Piano Sonatas No.30,31,32 (Read 374 times)
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Beethoven's last 3 Piano Sonatas No.30,31,32
11/29/23 at 16:08:32

I'm very happy to announce the UltraAnalogue Recordings release of a 2 tape set of Beethoven's last 3 Piano Sonatas, No.30,31,32 by Van Cliburn winner Vadym Kholodenko.
These are studio recordings made with our latest upgrades to the bypass caps in the microphone pre-amp. Together with our new WE300b playback amp for the Studer A80, the soundscape has reached new heights - listening to these is almost a spiritual experience...
Vadym is the ultimate poet on the piano IMHO.
https://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/new/shop/tapes/musician/vadym-kholodenko/bee...
thoven-piano-sonatas-no-303132-op-109110111/

Enjoy

Ed

IP Logged
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Re: Beethoven's last 3 Piano Sonatas No.30,31,32
Reply #1 - 05/30/24 at 01:25:10

I just received this review from David Denyer of the Reel to Reel Rambler on this 2 tape set of Beethoven's Last 3 Piano Sonatas....

I felt these are the most beautiful solo piano recordings I've ever made & it's due to Beethoven's incredible music & Vadym's performances which bring them to life. I was just the messenger to capture these for all the hear...

Listening to the 3 is almost a spiritual experience...

I'm glad David here actually says many things reviewers never really say...

https://thereeltoreelrambler.com/2024/05/23/woah-on-being-blown-away-by-beethove...
ns-final-three-piano-sonatas-from-ultraanalogue-recordings/

Enjoy

Ed

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #2 - 05/30/24 at 17:50:48

So these are tape only, no download?

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Audeze LCD-XC
  IP Logged
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/30/24 at 20:46:44

Yes, tape only.
I'm sorry to say I've not seen really any download sales of my tapes, so I feel it's a wasted effort & besides, no format can sound like these tapes...

The magic is in the tape format. A download or LP will sound similar to the hundreds of LPs & downloads of this mainstream repertoire.

I was thinking of putting these out on vinyl, but it will lose it's magic in the transfer...

This is a bit off topic, but I just saw a post, on another forum, looking for the best Devil's Trill LP.... the answer came as a mono of Oistrakh....
It's a sad thing when everyone just chases these ghosts of yesteryears...
50-60 yrs from now, will people only want the players from the 1960's?? Sad state & hard for current violinists...

Ed

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print