Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Snubway by Verafi (Read 11712 times)
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Re: Snubway by Verafi
Reply #150 - 06/19/24 at 09:39:47

Quote:
And once I held the Snubway in my hands, I couldn’t help but admire Mark’s Production Values!  The Snubway is so exquisitely crafted that I would be equally happy to display it as a decorative item.  It’s a damn shame having to plug it in at the back of the rack, hidden from plain sight, for it deserves being center stage—to be seen—in addition to being heard.

Totally agree. That is as far I got before returning to the package. Just cannot find time and/or desire to set in the Chariot for a session!

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #151 - 06/19/24 at 11:08:04

The SnubWay appears to be a miracle component!

It's inclusion in my system did not perform all these miracles but I know it's because of the multiple Defenders I've had in the system since last year. Yesterday I removed those, and that isolated the SnubWay's work. Yes, it helped the system to sound great BUT I put the Defenders back in. They were contributing a lot to my overall system performance, a futher richness.

Interesting to see what including one of the Mainstreams will do!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #152 - 06/19/24 at 15:14:21

Good Morning

Thanks to all of you guys - WOW!

@Kamran

Tour de Force review comments - thank you ever so much

@Lon

Read your last post with great interest and excitement

Sharing (Main Stream) is Caring - hang on to your hat Smiley

So much to say to all of you but time is super short this morning

Many thanks as always

Mark

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #153 - 06/19/24 at 15:42:55

I finally noticed that the Graphene Sluggos are up on the Verafi site. The Positive Feedback article on the same says that If you're a current SDFB owner and would like to upgrade to the Graphene option, you'll be able to order one for 20 percent off the listed prices. Does anyone here know how to access that discount through the Verafi order form?

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #154 - 06/19/24 at 15:52:40

There may be more than one way to place the order, but when I purchased the Graphene Sluggo I went through Damien Norwick,  sales.verafiaudio@gmail.com

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #155 - 06/19/24 at 17:14:32

Mark you mention Peter Madnick in your post regarding design of the Main Stream. Is this the Peter that was formerly with Denneson, Audio Alchemy, and the Constellation Audio head engineer?

If so this is an exceptional mind/background that is collaborating on your new product, but actually I would expect nothing less given your own background, contacts, and the impacts you have made in Audio along your journey.

John

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #156 - 06/19/24 at 17:15:07

Well, that makes sense. Thanks!

I'm not sure how many Graphene Sluggos to order. Do any of you have a preferred location in your system for the graphene? I'm currently running Super-Duper Sluggos in all of my components.

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Hearafter

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #157 - 06/19/24 at 17:49:39

Kamran- Thanks for such a thorough review on the Snubway!  My headline on the Snubway is “Ditto”. I am experiencing many of the the same results and my much abbreviated highlights on the Snubway are: Quiet blacker background, clearer details and separation of instruments, hearing subtle background instruments I have not heard prior, more 3D and holographic- music comes out into the room and seems to surround me more, with less noise I play at a lower volume to reach my preferred listening level at 60-70db.  I certainly did not expect this!  Looking forward to Main Stream🤪

Torii Jr V2 w/ Copper Bypass
Space-Tech Lab STR-104 Super Rectifier
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
SDFB w/Piggy and Silver Slugs
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #158 - 06/19/24 at 17:51:32

I've moved Sluggos around (including silver hollow ones not marketed by Verafi) and have settled on these in these locations:

Graphene in my PS Audio P15 regenerator
High Purity Copper in my PS Audio DirectStream DAC Mk II
Super Duper in my Decware SEWE300B

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #159 - 06/19/24 at 17:56:32

Lon --

Interesting. OK, based on your experience I will start with one graphene in each of my Sorcers and maybe a third to swap into the CSP3 or ZP3 and see how that goes. I have copper, Super, and Super-Duper to mix and match with after that. It's tempting to put them into everything but that definitely starts to get expensive...

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #160 - 06/19/24 at 21:39:50

I also have two SnubWays. I've had a lot going on so listening time has been extremely limited. I'm also burning in new tubes so lots of variables right now.

Kamran, great write up as usual!

I'm not sure if it's the KT170s or a combo of KT170s and the Snubways. I've never heard my or any other system sound so clean before. Often when things get "clean" they loose some of the soul and life of the music. I'm happy to report that the soul and life are still in the music. The KT170s for sure blow the sound stage open way more than the KT77s I've been running. Based on others reports I'm sure it's a combo of the new tubes and the SnubWays.

The only grip I have at the moment is the aluminum case is large and makes fitting all the plugs and plugins difficult. The case is really nice and if it was twice the price I would still be very impressed.

Between very little listening time and new tubes, I don't have a comment about perceived volume with and without the SnubWays.

Placed an order for the Main Stream.

I'm still waiting for the Air Core Sluggos to become available to replace the copper Sluggos I'm using in most of my components.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #161 - 06/20/24 at 20:11:21

First, my apologies for rude remarks made during the wait for delivery - patience is not my strongpoint.

I received my Snubway, Saturday, and it has been plugged in for four full days. I have approx. 8 hours of listening time with it.

It is a keeper! It has really brought my sound, more in to focus. Took off a rough edge, that I did not even know was there.

Thank you, and congratulations, Mark, on an outstanding product!

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222/Zbit
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright)
Crown XLS-1002 Sub Amp
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-8b
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in Open Baffles
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #162 - 06/21/24 at 01:02:28

Good Evening

@ everyone - many thanks for the incredible support - sincerely appreciated

@ Geno

No worries on my end at all. WE WERE LATE. All excuses be damned (however true) --- late is LATE

The product is special - and making friends everywhere that I can see.

My pleasure to accept your thanks Geno.

On being late -

I open myself up to some of you re new products and some cool fun coming soon. There are times when the hardware and software guys just can't get things done - promised, or otherwise.

FUSE BOX MAX is right there. The Compiler Code we had turned out to be "bad" from our vendor. We had delivery problems getting the Micro we wanted and the Super-Groovy  Hall Effect Sensor (incredibly important)... and THEN the promised Relay was over 6 weeks late - even though promised.

I have learned again how much it can hurt being in the lead rig. Shit happens. and whether it's a CD Transport Mechanism (Audio Alchemy) or film from Canada to make our midranges (back in my Genesis Days)... eventually it all gets solved and VIOLA! The Product makes it's debut.

Hang in there with me. Incredible days are just around the corner. The one fellow that told me he's done with me... OK, I get it. I want FUSE BOX MAX even more than you... Best wishes to you sir.

But... I WILL sleep tonight.

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Re: Snubway by Veraf
Reply #163 - 06/21/24 at 04:54:10

I was unaware of this thread and posted my 100 hours, now 130 hours, impressions of the SnubWay on WBF. I'm reposting those here edited. First, though, I want to say that I use a Puron from Vera-Fi and have appreciated Mark's ear and help along the way (I look forward to tying his SDFB soon). I also want to emphasize that not only is every system different,* and thus so is the effect of a device like this, but also that I've learned from repeated experience to be patient, i.e., not to make final judgments about anything being seriously considered until at least 300 hours of burn in (no matter what a developer says about the time needed).

With that intro, here's what I've found so far (and I did email Mark before posting on WBF):

- Size/Shape: The SnubWay cannot be used in the top outlet of a vertical U.S. pair because its size/shape prevents audiophile size connectors and most similar sized adapters from being plugged in fully underneath it. That includes standard U.S. wall outlets and my Wyred power conditioner and PS Audio Regenerator (P15). I suspect for most audiophiles power inlets are prized and not given up easily.

- Sound: No matter where I plug it in -- wall outlet or regenerator -- the SnubWay's effect is to add dynamic energy and volume (in both senses), greater smoothness, and seemingly a greater sense of body, expressed in what seems like increased bass energy, if not a little more forward sound. Impressive at first listen. However, that energy comes at a price: it seems to overrun or overwhelm the sense of clarity that exists without it. To take a revealing example, while renowned classical pianist Evgeny Kissen's playing is not typically known for its subtlety, in the case of Glinka's Lark his purity of tone and delicacy are a thing of beauty. With the SnubWay, however, they are so far almost completely lost (Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition, RCA Victor, 2002).

The difference is so substantial that for the remainder of the 300 hours I have moved the SnubWay to a wall outlet elsewhere. I'll bring it back and follow up on my evaluation at that time.

* My system is listed in my WBF signature: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/members/highstream.4861/#about

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #164 - 06/21/24 at 13:49:20

Good Morning

@highstream

Just replied to your email - my apologies for the tardy reply.

I shared my own thoughts and I surely do appreciate yours. I have known you to be an astute Listener. Hoping you will fall in love upstream.

Our Mechnical Design was rendered after Dr Viet's work with the Pedestal 3 Blade used and Darko's interpretation. We do know we take up valuable space.

We will have a nice solution for this in Q-4/2024 - but for now we are a bit "piggy".

Anxious to hear more from you in the coming weeks.
"
Best wishes - Mark

IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #165 - 06/21/24 at 18:07:50

Mark, I was reversing one of my Graphene sluggos in my amp after playing the system for a while. The sluggo was surprisingly warm to the touch, would that be considered normal for a sluggo?

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #166 - 06/21/24 at 18:13:41

@ArtMan

Yes - this is a normal state of affairs just as a "normal fuse" would experience same (hence, just part of the problem(s))

No worries

Graphene does conduct like mad Smiley

Best wishes

Mark

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #167 - 06/26/24 at 12:15:32

Made it home a couple days ago and plugged the Snubway into the Charoit TV circuit. Going to give it a try there first because of current priorities. It might be easier to see the improvement now rather than trying to listen for it.

Seems like the Graphene is causing some resistance to heat up in use. Could it be because of the bonding agent?

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #168 - 06/28/24 at 04:50:55

I feel like Mark's not working hard enough lately, so I have to ask... What's going on with Snub Station Zero. Is that going to be essentially a small power strip with the Snubway circuit built-in? Forgive me if I missed this info prior.

IP Logged
Hearafter

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #169 - 06/28/24 at 04:59:29

Bloodlemons: Your question has been answered… this is on Verdi-Audio facebook page today.  Not Snubway but a power strip DC Blocker similar to his Core Ground Zero or Deep Core is my understanding.

“New product on the horizon! Say hello to Snub Hub, a mains power port featuring universal plug outlets, EMI / RFI filtration, and an in house designed DC blocker circuit.

DC voltage on our AC mains is becoming a more prevalent issue for many reasons including the increased usage of LED lighting throughout the home. As more components feature toroidal transformers for the benefits they provide, they also have a weakness of being very sensitive to this DC voltage on the primary windings. This can cause hum from your transformer that can impede your listening session by creating resonance, or in bad enough cases, increased noise floor from power supply noise.

The universal outlets will accept virtually any plug for enjoyment around the world, at any voltage. The top two US style outlets are wired to be the first in the circuit for further noise suppression through usage of parallel line filters such as Snub Way or Main Stream.  

SnubHub is our simple and elegant solution to an ever growing problem, affordably priced at $249.99. More news to come, on the website next week.”

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #170 - 06/28/24 at 07:31:21

Is it weird to be a power-supply-tech-company fanboy? It's weird, right? At this point, I think I'm just buying Vera-Fi stuff out of curiosity. I've never done that with, say, General Electric.

That being said, no one from GE has ever called me at home to make sure their products are specifically optimized for my needs. Maybe that's why the little soap thing in my GE dishwasher doesn't always open when it's supposed to.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #171 - 06/28/24 at 12:39:35

After 3 days of a new energized Snubway plugged into the TV circuit of the Charoit, there is no noticable change in picture quality.

To be fair I was face up to the screen and the TV circuit has no switching power supplies on it except for the TV itself. I was kind of rushed too! So, will try listening next on the audio circuit which has a few switching PSs' in the components.

IP Logged
Hearafter

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #172 - 06/28/24 at 15:38:14

Jbzen- my experience has been that the Puron plugs improved picture quality on my TV’s.  With the Snubway I did not see an improvement in picture quality but it did improve the audio quite noticably.

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #173 - 06/29/24 at 01:51:38

Hereafter—thx for the feedback on the review.  We are definitely experiencing the same sonic benefits.

John—interested in the changes to the Chariot once you plug the Snubway in to your audio chain.  I’m going to try and test it on my TV soon.

It’s been what approx. 10 days since my initial feedback.  The Snubways are still kicking ass and I have noticed a profound change (for the better) in the bass response.  Initially, I wasn’t convinced that the Snubways were doing anything in this dept. but after spending more time listening, it’s unmistakeable.  Depth of stage seems better—more defined and borrowing a term from James….even more tactile.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #174 - 06/29/24 at 04:02:35

I did a little Snubway test listening to Kraftwerk last night and the effect is undeniable. Just bigger and more enveloping. Hard to believe it was $235 or whatever it was initially. I paid a LOT more for my Sorcers, which provide a similar benefit.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #175 - 06/29/24 at 14:45:57

Hey Mark,

Evidently, I deleted my discount code, sent out with the first round of Snubways. Can you PM that to me? All of this positive feedback on the SDFB has finally got the best of me, and I have to have one.

Really, the performance of the Snubway in my setup, is what has made the decision for me Wink

Thanks,

Geno

Crown XLS-1002 Sub Amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #176 - 06/29/24 at 15:17:24

Geno, sending you a helpful PM

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #177 - 06/29/24 at 16:15:29

Got it. Thanks! Smiley

Crown XLS-1002 Sub Amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #178 - Yesterday at 18:43:17

Thanks Geno

Shipping early week and welcome

If you need the code - I can send it - Looks like Lon has you covered

Best

Mark

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #179 - Yesterday at 22:19:36

How long did it take for those of you with Graphene Sluggos to feel them settle in? Asking for a friend, lol.

IP Logged
highstream
Verified Member

Reply #180 - Yesterday at 22:40:59

I don’t know the answer to your question, as I only just started to burn in a couple of brass. I always assume 300 hours until proven otherwise.

On the subject of graphene, Mark says the graphene sluggo process is, “HP Copper as the substrate and Vacuum Deposited Graphene.” In addition, NPS-Q45T contact enhancer contains graphene.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #181 - Yesterday at 23:34:35

Highstream -

Thank you! I also just realized that I posed this in the wrong thread. Mea culpa!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #182 - Yesterday at 23:39:35

I would wager that 300 hours mark is probably an appropriate length. Both the Graphene and Super Duper (rhodium) have exhibited subtle changes during that length of time or so.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #183 - Yesterday at 23:53:36

Thank you, Lon. I reposted my query in the SDFB thread to avoid cross-contamination of the product threads.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print