Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Snubway by Verafi (Read 20417 times)
Sean
Seasoned Member

Re: Snubway by Verafi
Reply #200 - 07/13/24 at 20:34:57

Wonder if my Mainstream will arrive before my two Snubways arrive.  Not complaining at all, I placed my Snubway orders way late. Honestly the delay is giving me more time to get my UFO25 tube rolling sorted, which is getting real close. Adding more devices why trying to shake out the tubes will just confuse me more.

Technics 1210G, Phasemation PP-500, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, UFO25, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #201 - 07/14/24 at 15:14:54

Nice.

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Luix
Verified Member

Reply #202 - 07/18/24 at 21:41:15

Did anyone try the Snubway together with the Main Stream plug?
I know there is a review on Positive-Feedback...any further opinions?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #203 - 07/18/24 at 22:34:26

I haven't seen any evidence that the Mainstream has reached customers yet. . . .

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #204 - 07/18/24 at 23:04:37

Here’s an update from Damien I received today:
“The first Main Stream are coming off the line this week and being shipped to the first preorders. It is a slow going process starting off, but we are hoping to kick up production next week to get through the back orders.”

Torii Jr V2 w/ Copper Bypass
Space-Tech Lab STR-104 Super Rectifier
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
SDFB w/Piggy and Silver Slugs
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Luix
Verified Member

Reply #205 - 07/29/24 at 18:51:16

Hello, any further feedback for the Snubway or Main-stream plugs?

I'm still waiting for my plugs to be shipped (I'm from Europe), but I'm interested to hear your opinions.

Thank you

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #206 - 07/29/24 at 18:53:33

I haven't seen any comments about Mainstream in the past week or so. I wonder how many have been shipped and received. . . . I'm waiting for mine.

As for the Snubway. . . I've enjoyed mine from the start and it's even better after a few weeks I think. My system has never sounded better than it does this week.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #207 - 07/29/24 at 20:35:50

It’s been crickets here…should hear something this week per Damien’s last communication above. Unless an issue has since arisen.

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #208 - 07/29/24 at 20:42:14

I received two Snubways four days ago. The notification email said Mainstreams were coming off the line last Wednesday and will ship soon.

Mixed bag of results so far. My audio system is on a dedicated line. Wall outlet has a Snubway and SDFB plugged into it. SDFB goes to an outlet box with ZP3, CSP2+, and UFO25 plugged in. Nothing else runs on this circuit. Turntable, sub, two LED lamps are on a separate circuit. Since I don't have any offending components plugged into this circuit I was uncertain if I'd see any benefit from Snubway. Curiosity and fear of missing out outweighed the price. There's definitely a change early on, though it seems I'm getting clearer and somewhat brighter highs. Not ear bleed like brighter highs, more open background that allow more info to be heard perhaps. Again, early in the game for me. I plan to do some tests with Snubway in and out of wall outlet and perhaps moving it to the outlet box to see what happens. After some more hours and use and tests I'll update in a week or so.

The 2nd Snubway is on my TV/theater setup. This consists of flat panel Vizio TV, receiver, AppleTV, Fios receiver, Fios DVR, Harmony remote charger. I would say this system is just a middle of the road entertainment system that's "good enough" to be enjoyable. It's on a circuit that also has overhead LED lights, bathroom fan, the turntable, sub, etc. On first power up to AppleTV main screen the picture is MUCH crisper and clearer. This is a screen I've seen thousands of time, so the difference here is very noticeable. Audio quality seems improved where listening volume does not need to be turned up as much to get to a good listening volume. Audio also seems to be less "forced" or "amplified", this could be due to less noise in the chain. Definitely a win so far for this setup. As with the audio rig, I have a few tests I'd like to try once I get some more hours on the Snubway.

Technics 1210G, Phasemation PP-500, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, UFO25, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #209 - 07/29/24 at 21:03:46

Just received my tracking number for mainstream👍🤪

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #210 - 07/29/24 at 21:45:01

Me as well and a personal phone call from Mark!  We sure do miss him and the knowledge we all gain from each other using his stuff.....His products make my Decware and other equipment sound so much better!
Bob

Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th/Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #211 - 07/29/24 at 21:57:35

Hearafter wrote on 07/29/24 at 21:03:46:
Just received my tracking number for mainstream👍🤪

Awesome! I just got mine as well. And yes, I wish Mark were still posting here.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #212 - 07/31/24 at 08:38:50

Again, my experience of the Snubway effect was made clearer by taking it out after a few days. Then I could see what I lost, as opposed to what I gained. It was substantial.

My hi-fi stuff is plugged into the same duplex as my TV (unavoidable in my 1952 home). Again, once it settled in, the difference in video image was unmistakeable. It's a cool little unit. I've been putting off getting another one, because I've been making a lot of other changes and I am trying to keep my observations discrete. Once I get the Mainstream and see what that does I may decide to pick up another Subway. There has to be a point of diminishing returns, but so far everything Mark has put out in the last year or so is really working in my system.

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #213 - 07/31/24 at 11:42:14

Preparing for the Mainstream I moved my Snubway yesterday from the same outlet my P15 is plugged into to the outlet shared by my SEWE300B in the P15. I put the Defender that was sharing the outlet with the SEWE300B in the place the Snubway had held.

At first I thought I had made a mistake but knew that I needed to wait. Now 25 hours or so later the system sounds great, with perhaps a tiny bit of softening and smoothening out in comparison to the previous configuration. When the Mainstream comes I am going to place that in the outlet with the power cord/SDFB for the P15.

Edit to add: my Mainstream is out for delivery.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #214 - 07/31/24 at 18:10:59

Mainstream is here! I have it installed. . .and won't be able to listen for some hours, so it gets to warm up. Looks like the Snubway, the blue "power glow" is nice.

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #215 - 07/31/24 at 19:00:51

I’m “Mainstreaming” music now🤪.  Yet another notch up after an hour of warm up.  What stands out is the clarity and separation of instruments.  Very natural sound that doesn’t alter the sound just clarifies it. My bass is so clean.   Need more time and I  look forward to hearing other’s impressions.  Another winner by Mark & Co. on my system anyway!

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #216 - 07/31/24 at 20:18:47

I'm listening now. I hear a bit of improvement. With five Defenders already in the system and a Snubway the improvement is probably not as pronounced as it would be if this were the only power treatment in the system. But I do hear a bit of a sweetened treble and a bit more of the presentation right at the speakers and behind. Already had great instrumental separation, clariy and dynamics. . . .  We'll see if a few more days of use presents any new improvement.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #217 - 07/31/24 at 20:49:23

UPS truck just drove right past my house and no Mainstream yet... I got a notification a couple of days ago that something was coming from Verafi, but I thought that might be the Graphene Sluggos I ordered. Maybe they'll come in the same package? TO BE CONTINUED...

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #218 - 07/31/24 at 21:26:17

Bloodlemons-  Verafi shipped Mainstream USPS and you should have received a tracking # email if it was shipped.
Lon- agree it is getting harder to determine improvements (i am sure your system much more than mine) but Mainstream just gives it that extra bit of clarity/cleanness for my system.  I am continually amazed these various tweaks keep improving the SQ.  I keep thinking my speakers or components have hit their ceiling.

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #219 - 07/31/24 at 22:41:28

Received the Mainstream today, I was expecting it tomorrow.

I wanted to make a change and listen tonight before the Mainstream arrived.  I removed the DigiBUSS and UberBUSS from the system. So I have Torus AVR with the Furutech and Oyaide outlets. Into a power strip I put together consisting of a Oyaide and Furutech outlet.

This changed the sound significantly.

I added the Mainstream and will have a nice listening session tonight.

The theory is that the Purons, Snubways and now the Mainstream are all doing filtering. So the BUSSes might not be as impactful.

With a brief listen I’m getting a lot more resolution and the control of the woofers is better.

Tomorrow after I have some more listening with the new setup I’ll take out the Mainstream and see how things change.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #220 - 07/31/24 at 22:56:15

Hearafter --

I do have an order coming from Verafi today, but it looks like it should be the Sluggos. I'll have to track down my Mainstream tracking number...

Update: my Mainstream order page says it is on the way, but no expected delivery date. I'll just be patient!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #221 - 08/01/24 at 00:31:52

Did some further listening. Something sounded a little off. . . bass was lacking. So I restored the Defender to the spot in the P15 with the SEWE300B and moved the Snubway from there to the outlet opposite the outlet the P15 is plugged into. Much nicer. . . bass restored.

I think that if you didn't have a regenerator and a handful of Defenders this MainStream would relally clean up the sound.

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #222 - 08/01/24 at 02:37:08

Lon- Is the Defender the Shunyata Venom plug you use?  I use 1 High Fidelity Cables  MC-1 Pro sharing a duplex plug with a Puron, and my Panamax Conditioner (for surge protection) with a 3 way splitter.  My snubway, mainstream and ground box share the second duplex plug with 3 -way splitter.  Seems to work well.

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #223 - 08/01/24 at 03:20:44

Yes, that's the "Defender."

https://shunyata.com/products/power-distributors/venom-line-power-distributors/v...
enom-defender/

I currently have these in the outlets in the back of the PS Audio P15. Each share an outlet with the SEWE300B, one with the ZROCK2, one with the PS Audio SACD transport, and one with the PS Audio DSD DAC Mk II. These have made a real impact on the tonality and dynamics of the system.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #224 - 08/05/24 at 14:25:15

Question on Mainstream....I received mine last week, plugged it in to same outlet as my power conditioner.  After a few hours, I checkked it and it was hot to the touch unlike the snubway.  Anyone else having the same experience.  BTW, with all the power updgrades (SFDBs, Equi-Core PC and snubway), I did not see a noticeable difference.

Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th/Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #225 - 08/05/24 at 14:32:18

Mine is also a little warm, not hot, to the touch, and the Snubway is NOT. They're quite different products actually.

I have noticed a subtle change with the Mainstream now pretty well seasoned, a subtle improvement overall, which is welcome and I attribute to the fact that the power in my system was well treated before its arrival.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #226 - 08/05/24 at 15:10:05

Thanks Lon, mine is definitely not warm.  Might have to contact Damien or Mark
Bob

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #227 - 08/12/24 at 19:40:10

I got my Mainstream today. Where are you guys putting these?  I don't have room on my duplex outlet. Does it matter? It it best by the main electrical panel?

IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #228 - 08/12/24 at 20:42:55

I have mine on a 3 way outlet splitter on the wall duplex.  Top outlet has snubway, mainstream and my system power conditioner.  Bottom outlet has puron, ground box and High-Fidelity Cables MC 1 Pro line conditioner. Works great!

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #229 - 08/12/24 at 21:46:19

Cool. Thanks for the splitter idea!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print