Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
06/23/24 at 03:27:53 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coupling Capacitor Matching (Read 107 times)
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Coupling Capacitor Matching
05/12/24 at 03:13:53

I was placing an order with Sonic Craft recently and ordered a couple more  Miflex KPCU caps while I was at it. I went for the level 1 matching, which sonic craft often makes good on, and in this case I received level 3 matching at the price of level 1. Sonic Craft, like Decware, Caintuck, Vera-Fi, and a few other companies known in these circles are just the best of the best. So these matched caps were just sitting there and I figured might as well put them to use- so I replaced the coupling caps (same miflex KPCU, just not matched) in my UFO25. Right out of the gate wow. Just wow. And I know they are only going to get better as they break in.
As I’m sitting here listening and thinking about it, it just makes sense. The closer the parts are matched the more in focus the picture is. It’s like fine adjustment focusing on a pair of binoculars or a microscope. You can see and you think it’s good but then you turn the dial just a little more and everything snaps into place - both eyes come into focus, they work together and you see every intricate detail. I’m hearing leading edge and trailing details in music that I’ve been listening to for years and never heard before. And these were damn fine caps to begin with. There’s something serious to this matching business.
Listening to this weeks new releases in Qobuz now. This track is coming from every nook and cranny in my room. 2-channel at its finest. The low piano notes are so rich and elegant and I can hear the windings on the strings.
https://open.qobuz.com/track/248307203

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print