Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 08:50:19 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FOR SALE: Decware Zen Ultra Preamp -Original Owner (Read 980 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

FOR SALE: Decware Zen Ultra Preamp -Original Owner
05/15/24 at 18:07:05

For sale is my beloved Zen Ultra Pre-amp. I'm the original owner and took great care of this preamp.  The Ultra was purchased in 2016 and used lightly for 2 years and has been idle ever since.  I imagined I would never sell it but I do need to reduce some of my unused audio inventory.  

Includes:
1) Decware Zen Ultra 6-channel preamplifier with walnut base
2) Gold Knobs
3) Cream chicken head input selector
3) Stepped Attenuators - $800 upgrade

PRICE: $3095
SHIPPING: Free to anywhere in the CONUS
PAYMENT:  PayPal F&F (3.5% fee if sent by Goods & Services).  I can also do Venmo, Zelle, or ACH/Wire

If interested, I can send pics of the Ultra.  Any questions... feel free to ask.

Jadis JA-30 MKII//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205//EMM Labs DS-EQ1//DS Audio DS-003//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Pipedreams Reference 21 Speakers
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: FOR SALE: Decware Zen Ultra Preamp -Original Owner
Reply #1 - 05/16/24 at 22:51:09

Jeff….good luck with the sale.  This is the one piece of Decware gear that I always wanted.  They almost never come available.  If I didn’t acquire my CSP2+ recently, I would throw my hat in the ring for this one.  For those who are looking for a great preamp…don’t look any further.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable, White top ZP3, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 05/16/24 at 23:23:19

Jeff. . . good to see you posting. Good Luck with the Sale.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/17/24 at 18:01:39

Thanks Lon.  I appreciate it buddy.

Jadis JA-30 MKII//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205//EMM Labs DS-EQ1//DS Audio DS-003//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Pipedreams Reference 21 Speakers
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/17/24 at 18:03:22

Thanks Don.  Yeah, there really is not anything like the Ultra.  The most unique, capable single component I have ever owned.  A future regret for selling it, I'm sure.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/17/24 at 19:57:39

Jeff, glad to see you posting. I hope you're able to find a good home for your Ultra Preamp. I hope life is treating you well.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR MWI modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th A preamp > ZMA-25th A amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > SDFB's > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 05/17/24 at 20:17:01

I'm raising a cup of my organic coffee to you old pal. Hope all is going well. What gear are you listening to these days?

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/18/24 at 00:18:58

Quote:
I'm raising a cup of my organic coffee to you old pal. Hope all is going well. What gear are you listening to these days?

Ha!  Thank you buddy!  God knows I love my coffee!  :)

When I moved a few years ago, my new listening room (also my living room) increased 5x in size.  Not so much the actual living room, but it spills into the dining room, foyer, stairway, hallway, upstairs hallway, etc., etc.  Oh, and really tall ceilings.  All that amounts to lots of airspace cubic footage.  I found myself needing LARGE speakers to pressure the space in the way I like.  I'm currently running Pipedreams Reference 21 speakers with four of their "tribal drum" bass modules.  I am using two 1200W Wyred4Sound SS amps to power the passive subs and a set of Jadis JA-30 MKII mono powering the mids and highs.  Those Jadis amps are stable down to 2 Ohms so I can really crank it without any problems.  Ive got a second smaller system upstairs where I run my ZMA along with my Wavetouch Antero speakers.    

Happy Friday Lon and have a great weekend as well.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 05/18/24 at 00:53:54

Sounds like two great setups. I bet you are having some great fun with the opposite of my situation--you have so much more space, I'm cramped for space for my systems and collections. But. . . I live across the street from a huge forest (state wildlife preserve) and in a sparsely housed wooded neighborhood that I love and that really is soothing my soul, so I have benefits.

Good to hear from you again and glad all is well.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 05/18/24 at 14:29:11

I'm definitely loving the space.  I have no real issues with room reflections or bass modes.  But, I'd say you win with the next best thing to heaven just right outside your door Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 05/18/24 at 14:40:08

I sure would like more space though, and not have to rent a climate controlled storage unit! And I know what a larger room would do to increase my lsitening experience. Glad you can revel in such a great system.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 05/20/24 at 16:35:17

Hi Everyone,
I decided to put the Zen Ultra on Ebay as an auction.  If interested, you can bid on it here:  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/326132244889?itmmeta=01HYBA39GGDP1AY62QEDR39BP7&hash=it...

I'm still willing to still sell it offline prior to auction end, so feel free to reach out to me directly if interested.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print