Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
06/21/24 at 06:49:58 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Building a Zkit in Europe (Read 80 times)
svartemarten
Verified Member

Building a Zkit in Europe
06/03/24 at 20:59:42

Hi,
I'm new here at the forum and about to embark on my tube-amp DYI journey. Since I live in Sweden it will be running on 230VAC. And I am about to order the Zkit (the board), but I would like to source all other parts from within EU, since it quite expensive to order from US both shipping but also tolls etc.

Anyone here on the forum that has some advice on good EU-based e-coms to get the parts from?

The amp, once finished, is to be set up in a little summer house on a remote island far out in the archipelago of Stockholm Sweden, totally off-grid.

Set up with just a Music Hall turntable and a pair of French bookshelf speakers from Mosscade.
Speakers not super-efficient, but with a relaxed sound picture for the ears plus room is small and due to environment will mostly be jazz, blues, soul and folks music, so no party-volumes or need for heavy bass. Seeking more of a nice detailed and “present” sound stage.

Since I’ll be dependent on solarpanels and a battery bank (12VDC 960AH) transformed up to 230VAC, I’m a bit concerned about power consumption.
Anyone who can tell the amps continous power-consumption in Watts?

Thanks in Advance!

IP Logged
bobc

Re: Building a Zkit in Europe
Reply #1 - 06/03/24 at 21:31:31

Biggest issue with batteries is tube keeping filament lit I would guess.

I just looked at the spec sheet for SE84 and it indicates 65W. The Zkit will be less by what a typical rectifier filament will draw. 5V@3A ~ 15W.

Watts = current*volts

Not so up on EU based suppliers, but Lundhal makes some excellent iron, I use for many projects. Finding these in Sweden could be easier Smiley. For the output transformers, you can find something in the 5-6K impedance/8 ohm range.

Let us know how it works out.

IP Logged
svartemarten
Verified Member

Re: Building a Zkit in Europe
Reply #2 - 06/03/24 at 22:42:43

Thanks!
And in the range 15-65 watts no probs.

And I’ve heard of Lundahl Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print