Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
06/18/24 at 14:21:10 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coherent Audio Trim Ten speakers (Read 285 times)
Jak Benardete
Verified Member

Coherent Audio Trim Ten speakers
06/09/24 at 21:45:27

Hello Everyone,

Super excited to be getting my Sarah 300B this week and still looking for the right speaker to go with it.

I came across a lightly used pair of Coherent Audio Trim Tens, although I searched quite a bit, I could only find one review about them online. Does anyone in the forum have experience with these speakers?

I would really appreciate the input, Thanks!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Coherent Audio Trim Ten speakers
Reply #1 - 06/10/24 at 00:13:35

No experience Jak, but each time I stumble onto them, they do look pretty compelling, so looking forward to what you hear.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Jak Benardete
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/10/24 at 00:49:31

Thanks Will. So many options in that price range that it's hard to pull the trigger on something with so little info out there.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/10/24 at 01:20:38

Yes, and with so many variables too, including it seems sensitivity and drivability with similar numbers. In my rooms, I might be inclined to lean toward the 12 inch to be safer with having headroom during my loudest listening. But I have been playing with open baffle design ideas for years, and I suspect my next speaker will likely be one of those. Who knows, my sound has been, and is now so good I am not looking, but always interested.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Jak Benardete
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 06/10/24 at 01:33:31

I love OB speakers. I used to have a pair of Spatial Audio ones for a couple of years driven by a Prima Luna integrated and they were a lot of fun.

My ideal speaker is OB with an AMT tweeter. I found a pair that I would love to listen to but not only is there nothing on line about them, they are also out of my price range currently.

https://wathenspeakers.com/store/p136/CryoTone_Dipole_Speaker_Pair.html

I would want them in a wood veneer, but they do tick all my boxes.

I plan to buy some tubes for them for the Sarah in the near future, maybe I can find a place to listen to these speakers.

Btw, an audiophile is either looking or not looking but always interested, or dead. Smiley

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/10/24 at 03:21:27

Good point about us audio heads!

I looked into Spatial quite a while ago, and then, Clayton Shaw seemed a little too technically inclined and not enough listening inclined for me, so though his work sounded pretty exciting, I sort of lost interest. Then listening to New Record Day recordings of his more recent work, I don't know if those recordings are not good, or the speakers, but the talk did not match my impressions, that is for sure. Leaves me in that place where I would have to hear them in person, but guessing not "alive" sounding enough for me.

The writeup on the Cryotones does indeed sound compelling, not unlike Steve's creative vibe and write-ups... But maybe especially for me, having become a "modifier," and having figured out how to take things pretty far beyond the original, like you, I would have to hear them. Just gets so particular as our preferences refine, and I find I need more refined speeds and very fine information in lively space than many seem to need, along with the usual efforts ... all presented with musical aliveness that is complex, smooth and graceful. But the Wathens look compelling toward this end. As do the Coherent.

Some pretty nice choices you are considering!

I wonder if you had heard about the new open baffle speakers on the block... Macaria, by Maco?

IP Logged
Jak Benardete
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 06/10/24 at 04:05:21

Clayton has his namesake company now, selling OB's for $3K, lot's of gret reviews out there.

I have followed the Macos closely, watched/read all the reviews. Again, I need to hear them at home within my system.

Unfortunately I have zero technical knowledge and ability and can't tweak to save my life, let alone build something. I truly wish I could, but don't really have the time to learn at the moment.

I am a bit more software inclined, A couple of friends and I are actually building an Audiophile Directory, a place where all searches for audiophile products can start, almost like a Zillow for our little industry. You will be able to find all the brands, all their products, all the retailers, all the reviews, and all the forum posts about those products. It's a massive undertaking but I have built similar things before, so this will be my passion project.

Hope to test it out in the forum when we have something to show and ask friends their opinions.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/10/24 at 05:09:57

Well that sounds intense and very interesting, lots of information... kind of mind blowing to think about how to organize and design it to make navigating it all intuitive and not overwhelming I imagine! I look forward to seeing how it comes out!

IP Logged
Jak Benardete
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 06/10/24 at 05:26:57

Thanks Will! When we have a few things to show, I'll post something on the forum and ask for feedback and recommendations, thoughts from everyone.
I feel that this is something this extremely fragmented industry desperately needs. I have been spending some time in all the forums and there is a constant search to find information about products. I hope that we can create something that will help everyone in the industry.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print