DECFEST 2024 (Read 306 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

DECFEST 2024
06/12/24 at 20:14:59

DECFEST 2024

As we do every year, we are excited to host our annual DECFEST in October. We are looking forward to seeing many new and old faces in attendance this year.

SIGN UP There will be a sign-up page for the fest, limited to 100 people. It will give you the option of picking which days you want to attend. It will also provide the option to cancel your reservation at any time if your plans change and you can’t make it. By canceling online, it will open up a spot for another attendee on the waitlist.

DATES: Oct. 4-6th HOURS Friday 11:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. Saturday 11:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. Sunday is normally a wind down morning, with a few folks who show up to cap off their visit before heading home with the day ending by noon.

SOME CHANGES: Normally, we would close down production for a week in order to prepare for the fest. That is not a realistic option this year, considering the increased quantity of orders and length of lead time we have. This means the listening room will remain unchanged from daily use, so you can hear it exactly as we do throughout the year. Prior Decfest attendees enjoyed the freedom to request specific combinations of gear. This year that will be limited to what is already in the room and set up. This means, if you want to hear a specific amp you will want to make a private listening appointment sometime throughout the year. All the Decware speakers are here on display and a few pair are set up in the listening room. The small Caintuck Audio baffles we all love so much will also be here, but we will not have a separate room set up for them due to lack of space. There will be a pair in the Decware listening room at all times for anyone wanting to hear them.

FOOD There will be plenty of drinks including water, pop, teas, and BEER available at no charge. We will also provide snacks only during the day with a late lunch/early dinner each day between 3-4 p.m. This is also free of charge.

FIRE Weather permitting there will be a bonfire both nights. Lodging: There are plenty of nice hotels in the area that a quick google search will pull up. In past years we have had some folks who pitch a tent in our spacious backyard, and of course, you would be welcomed to do so this year. --

LINK TO SIGNUP: https://www.decwareproducts.com/event-list

Cheers, DeVon Deckert

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: DECFEST 2024
Reply #1 - 06/13/24 at 00:40:13

DeVon,

The timing is interesting as I was intending to start a Decfest 2024 thread just last night! Wasn’t anticipating the registration to go up so early, but I think it’s a good move.

I have registered and also forwarded the link to Mark Schifter from verafi, as I intend for him to be one of the panelists at this year‘s fireside chat alongside Steve. I will be in touch with you separately to figure out the logistics.

Kamran

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 06/17/24 at 20:02:50

Listening Room for this years fest - East End shown below.

This is pretty much what you can expect this year.  The room is set up for 4 people at a time, and on this end the new omni open baffles are being run by a Sarah 300B that is fed by both my vinyl rig, the Holo Audio May DAC, and if appropriate the Reel to Reel machine will be connected.

Additionally, we have a pair of the larger ZF15L baffles set up directly next to the omni baffles that will be hooked up to a Zen Triode amp. It would be easy on this second system to also listen to the Tube Tots, and the Corner horns.  

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 06/17/24 at 20:37:04

Listening Room for this years fest - West End shown below.

The Zen Torii Mono's and either a TORII or ZMA will run this end of the room, fed from the Cambridge Edge NQ DAC.  No preamps will used this year on either end of the room.

For speakers there will be the House speakers (scan speak 3 ways), the Headwreckers with a new driver compliment than last year, some of Randy's Caintuck Open Baffles, Bob's HRv2's, and a couple other speakers if there is any space left.

The House speakers driven by either the TORII MONO's or the ZMA is one of my references and the Omni open baffles on the other end of the room with the Holo DAC or Vinyl Rig (ZP3) is my other reference.  I have two, and you'll be able to spend some time with each of them.

I have also ordered a door for the side of the listening room to help block some of the sounds from the excited conversations that take place just outside of the room.

So if it doesn't rain a lot this year, everyone should have a chance to hear things sound a bit more polished than normal.

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/18/24 at 02:25:50

Thx for sharing the setup in advance Steve. Pretty excited to listen to the ceiling facing baffle setup— the door is also welcome—it should positively impact the noise floor.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print