Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
06/23/24 at 02:48:42 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IsoAcoustics Stage 1 Isolators Used Off-Label (Read 32 times)
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

IsoAcoustics Stage 1 Isolators Used Off-Label
06/14/24 at 00:20:42

I ordered two sets of IsoAcoustics Stage 1 isolators for my subs. They are intended for stage amplification isolation. I don't like how normal IsoPucks slide around under components; these have screw-mounts, so I thought they'd be perfect under subs.

They are very good under the subs. However, I've been trying to address a footfall problem with my spring-suspended Thorens turntable, so I threw a set under the plinth as an experiment. To be honest, it hasn't entirely eliminated my footfall issue but, to my surprise, the turntable suddenly sounds a heck of a lot better. I've already tried sorbothane and custom-made leveling isolation feet and other IsoPucks generally, but these Stage 1 feet are the first that caused me to sit up and take notice of a substantial improvement in sound quality.

Four Stage 1s are rated for 200 lbs, so it might seem like overkill, but the results are impressive. Also, interestingly, at $129 for a set of four, they are substantially less-expensive than the highest-rated Orea (128 lbs/four), which at $80 each run about $320 for four pucks...

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print