Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/06/24 at 04:08:18 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Caution buying used name brand audio gear... (Read 230 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Caution buying used name brand audio gear...
07/03/24 at 16:34:24

Make sure when you purchase a used mainstream amplifier from a private individual that it isn't a fake.  

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Caution buying used name brand audio gear...
Reply #1 - 07/03/24 at 18:27:35

So this begs the question.
What if I bought one of these cases and stuck in some cheap class D amp inside and sold it to some unknowing person, would they be able to tell the difference from the original?

A lot of people only buy the big high end stuff because it is expensive, and quite honestly don't even know what good sounding stuff sounds like.

How much they spent is the only thing that matters to them. And it is always more than YOU spent!

They are "Flexing" to the unwashed!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 07/03/24 at 19:36:49

To that question. . . if you got real convincing cases. . . you'd spend more than enough money, a lot more than listed on this ad (whichever scam this is).

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 07/03/24 at 20:57:52

I’m taking this as they are selling only the cases.  I’m not thinking that they are selling the “guts”.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 07/03/24 at 21:14:28

That's now how I read their scam. They want you to think you're getting the real article in full.

Edit to add: I see now it's clearly marked that these are just chassis. Wow. I never would have anticipated such a market but then I guess I should have.

Luckily I am not in the market for any of these brands or "facsimiles" of them. I have real deal components that end my envy for others.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 07/03/24 at 23:54:36

Not a scam.  Simply that in China the working class can't afford a Gryphon Amplifier, or an Accuphase preamp but they are nevertheless audiophiles like the rest of us so there is a large market for copycat amplifiers.  

The number of empty chassis that I posted demonstrate the demand.  And these are the actual prices of the chassis you can buy on Aliexpress right now.  In addition to these empty chassis that anyone can purchase, they also have completed working copies of most likely every single unit pictured.

There is within this audiophile market in China not only near perfect fakes, but many have been 'upgraded' with improvements on the original designs so they not only get to have feel and look of a name brand amplifier that they normally couldn't afford, but some have the last laugh because they also sound better.  They don't want the originals over there.  

So, the point is when you see amplifiers listed used somewhere don't automatically assume it's the real thing.

WWW   IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 07/04/24 at 15:38:43

Funny as hell to me, but I'm an odd duck. I like the ''Extra 5% off with coins'' note on the ads. Oh well, our rack o'Decware isn't going anywhere and we enjoy the heck outta our music. Happy 4th of July Decwarians, be safe and remember the reason. Happy listening.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 07/04/24 at 18:56:59

Some of those are pretty cool ! If you're a hobbyist builder and want a "finished look" for your project you couldnt buy or have anything machined like that for those prices here in the states . Not from a trick you dishonest angle but for personal projects those are amazing.

If it weren't such a hassle to pot a tranny Id totally toss  rounded corner transformer covers on my Decware pieces .

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print