Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/24 at 10:58:57 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Accelerated Waiting List delays (Read 272 times)
MontanaDude
Verified Member

Accelerated Waiting List delays
07/11/24 at 20:48:14

Anyone have any insight on the continued delays with the Accelerated Waiting List? This is for Decware items that aren't amps:

https://orders.decware.com/list_view_accelerated.php

It hasn't moved an inch in two months, possibly more. Sarah had said they were waiting on chassis, but at a certain point maybe they'll pivot to another supplier?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Accelerated Waiting List delays
Reply #1 - 07/11/24 at 21:09:32

My order for a ZROCK3 did move 3 spaces up in the last months. Not the quickest movement it has made!

I have no knowledge about the why or wherefore.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
1stwattlife
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/12/24 at 15:23:06

Sarah would be the one to give you the insight on this. If she said there are sourcing issues, there are sourcing issues. Anything beyond that really doesn't matter. No parts, no pieces. When the parts are there to be built the list moves quite quickly, as we have seen. I have personally built the majority of the list since it has been created and have since also trained our newest tech to help me with these builds, rest assured there is no funny business and the list will be attacked with much fervor as soon as it is possible. Making boutique, hand wired, world class audio components is not the easiest thing to accomplish on the daily. Especially when the art has been dying off for decades... see the issue with Miflex capacitors closing there doors in the last few years. All we can do is go with the flow and try to position ourselves to be in the best possible scenario for the future.

As far as an update... I have not heard any solid info, but I know that the team is on top of it as it is a main priority.

Sorry for the inconveniences...

Cheers,
P.

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/12/24 at 18:40:46

An honest, real answer. Comes with the territory here. Stick with it MontanaDude  [smiley=icqlite20.png] Take care Smiley

_MG_5391-3t.jpg
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/12/24 at 20:30:02

1stwattlife,

Steve has been very forthcoming about parts supply problems in the past, especially given the issues associated with Covid shutdowns.

Regarding your comment about Miflex capacitors, I just need some clarification. While it's been a while, my recollection was that Steve was experiencing significant quality issues with Jupiter caps which were widely used throughout Decware amps up until 2021?22?. I believe he looked into options with Mundorf given their high SQ, but did not believe production capacity would be sufficient.

Last I recall Steve opted to use the Miflex capacitors. I haven't heard/read anything on this or other forums that Miflex SA (Poland) has closed or gone out of business. Is this something very recent?

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR MWI modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th A preamp > ZMA-25th A amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > SDFB's > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 07/12/24 at 22:52:05

I had a nice discussion with Steve 3 days ago after he finished evaluating my white top ZP3.  The discussion about the MiFlex capacitors came up when I talked about potentially upgrading my unit…which I opted to hold off for now.   Almost every piece of Decware gear I own has the MiFlex capacitors with the Anniversay mods.  What Steve divulged to me was part of discussion that I’d rather not comment on since it’s not my place.  

Like HK stated… Steve have always been forthcoming when it comes to parts and supply issues…so I would wait to hear back from the Decware team for solid info.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable, White top ZP3, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 07/12/24 at 23:11:12

Interesting. I could not find any info on line about any Miflex distribution etc. changes.

Perhaps it is fortunate I asked Steve for different caps (Cornel Dubilier) for the fully modded ZROCK3 I have on the build list (now #26).

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print