07/17/24 at 15:41:08 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WTB:  IcOn 4pro or EMIA (Read 73 times)
Egilmorephd

WTB:  IcOn 4pro or EMIA
Today at 02:35:58

Looking for Icon 4pro or EMIA pre to add to audio chain with soon new to be Sarah 300b.  If you have one that you may be thinking of parting with and/or have one and would like to offer your insight it would be appreciated.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: WTB:  IcOn 4pro or EMIA
Reply #1 - Today at 03:50:15

E,

I have an IconPro 4, all balanced ins and outs. I had it hooked up to my
Willsenton 300B, with a ZBit in between in a nearfield setup.  I have to say it remains one of my favorite combinations that I’ve ever come up with. Quite lively, and plenty of power with my Omega High Output Alnico monitors. You’re in for a treat.

Randy

IP Logged
Egilmorephd

Reply #2 - Today at 04:27:04

Thanks for the input Randy.  Coincidently also have Omega Alnicos!  Is your 4pro w/ copper or silver autoformers?

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #3 - Today at 07:13:37

E, curiosity got the best of me, how would know if their 4Pro had copper or silver autoformers, and what difference would you expect from one another?

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Coqui
Verified Member

Reply #4 - Today at 13:13:24

I'm also getting very close to getting a Sarah in September/October. I have a new Aric Super 6sN7 Linestage preamp in a box waiting for the arrival of the 300b. I'm super curious to see if the Aric preamp is going to work well with the Sarah. Most people say that the Sarah tends to sounds best by itself. Eric, I also wonder how the Icon preamp will work with your Sarah. I have a pair of Omega CAM's as well. Looking forward to your review!

IP Logged
Egilmorephd

Reply #5 - Today at 15:24:31

Toni, the simplest answer about copper or silver is price. The silver is $2000 more retail than the copper. Also the silver tends to hit a sound that’s a little more forward faster and articulate than the copper.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print