Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/18/24 at 19:27:40 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lii Song ZF15L First Impressions (Read 12 times)
Doug
Seasoned Member

Lii Song ZF15L First Impressions
Today at 17:17:34

Lii Song's version of the ZF15L speakers are jaw-droppingly beautiful!  The high gloss finish on top of exquisite hardwood veneers make these speakers extraordinarily appealing visually.  

The baffles are just shy of one and three quarters inches thick.  The metal bases look substantial on the Decware and Lii Song websites, but in person it's easy to imagine them being used in some kind of industrial application where they are used to support thousands of pounds.  The adjustable floor spikes measure four inches tall by an inch and a half wide.  

How do they sound with fourteen hours of break-in?  They are dynamically explosive!  They are also unbelievably fast! Their explosiveness and speed has already frightened me a couple of times while I was standing close to them.  Break-in is being accomplished with a LFD NCSE amp, which is being fed by an OPPO 103 disc player.  

Instrument and vocal timbre is excellent!  The realistic timbre is, however, as much to do with the LFD amp as the speakers, as it presents timbre better than any amp I've ever heard. Nevertheless, only when really good speakers are coupled with it do I get the sense of live musicians and singers being present, and that's what I am hearing from the garage as I sit at my kitchen table.

I wonder how much improvement I'll hear when I take them out of the big plastic bags and out of the crates where they are firing straight down into two and a half inches of dense styrofoam padding, a half inch of plywood, and the concrete garage floor.  I have pulled back the large plastic bags on both speakers to expose the binding posts and approximately one fourth of the back side of the speaker cones.  The amount of music coming from this small portion of the back side of the cones is amazing.  It's clear that these things are going to give my PAP Quintets a run for their money!  

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print