Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/26/24 at 19:46:14 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Rega P3 w/ Hana EH + NEO PSU and Groovetracer (Read 59 times)
HiFi Bri

FS: Rega P3 w/ Hana EH + NEO PSU and Groovetracer
Today at 05:02:21

Purchased (turntable and cartridge) new in December 2021. Added the NEO Mk 2 power supply and Groovetracer reference subplatter a few months later, which was a noticeable upgrade. Both the cartridge and NEO (speed adjustment) were set up professionally by my local dealer.

The Hana EH has approximately 1400 – 1800 hours on it, and while I can’t confirm its overall lifespan, it sounds great to my ears. I would not be surprised if it lasts its next owner years of enjoyment before retipping or replacement.

This setup sounds fantastic, in my opinion, and I believe it rivals the Rega P6. My reason for selling is that I’ve upgraded to a Rega P10 – but I believe anyone could live happily with this turntable.

Includes:
• Original Rega subplatter (in Groovetracer box)
• Stock Rega black felt mat
• All original manuals, cables, and accessories included by Rega, Hana, and Groovetracer
• Original Rega P3 box
• Original Rega NEO Mk 2 box
• Hana EH Box
• Groovetracer Reference Subplatter box

Condition is 9.5/10 - No visible blemishes. It has been babied.

Buyer pays shipping or free pickup in the Los Angeles area.

Asking: $1100

Rega P10 | Aphelion 2 |Darlington Labs MP-7 + SU-7 | ZRock2 w 25th Ann | SE84UFO25 w/ Attenuators | Decware I/Cs and Pwr Cbls | ZSTYX Speaker Cbls | Swiss Digital Fuse Box |Omega Alnico Towers | Butcherblock Acoustics RigidRack
  IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: Rega P3 w/ Hana EH + NEO PSU and Groovetracer
Reply #1 - Today at 14:56:42

Beautiful Table!  I wish I was closer. Good luck with the sale.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - Today at 16:59:08

I second what Dan said. Beautiful setup, this!

Also curious: Do the GrooveTracer mods only apply up to a P3 or are they equally as compelling higher up the Rega chain?

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
HiFi Bri

Reply #3 - Today at 18:07:45

I don't have firsthand experience with Groovetracer products on Rega tables outside the P3, but I think it's telling that they offer products for all Rega tables up to and including the P8 but not for the P10.

My guess is that it's diminishing returns as you go up the Rega product line. The Groovetracer in the P3 was a huge upgrade though - a real game changer.

Rega P10 | Aphelion 2 |Darlington Labs MP-7 + SU-7 | ZRock2 w 25th Ann | SE84UFO25 w/ Attenuators | Decware I/Cs and Pwr Cbls | ZSTYX Speaker Cbls | Swiss Digital Fuse Box |Omega Alnico Towers | Butcherblock Acoustics RigidRack
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - Today at 18:37:38

I have an RP3 with the Reference Subplatter, as well as the other Groovetracer mods: the counterweight, the Delrin Platter and the record weight. (It also has the latest White belt, the TTPSU and the Exact2 cartridge). Each Groovetracer mod was an improvment, the Subplatter the biggest, then the Delrin platter.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print